Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking for some opinions on the car and whether you think you made a good purchase. Thanks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Don't own one but have seen a couple of good reviews on the new model. Here's Road & Track's First Drive and Car & Driver's review. Both seem pretty positive.

May not be an E39 M5, but its getting pretty interesting.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I drove one today. I was impressed with the room on the inside.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have one but I only drive it when I go to the parts of town I don't care to take either of the Lamborghinis.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I had one for a couple of days as they did maintenance on my Boxster and was more than impressed. A roomy vehicle that ran like a sport. If I needed a four person sports car the Panamera would be it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Badger should be able to give you some good advice on that car.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
they are very expensive. I believe they start around $120K. I just won't spend that much on transportation.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I too had one while they were working on my 911. I loved the ride and the power but hate the looks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Toddly
I too had one while they were working on my 911. I loved the ride and the power but hate the looks.

Beautiful car.... from the inside.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had one as a loaner for two days while having my Cayenne Turbo S serviced.

I thought it was a great car! Great performance, good ergos, plenty of room, and I like the looks of them too.

If money were no object, I'd have one in my garage.

As it is, my next Porsche will be a 911.

Todd

Last edited by BigSkyGuy; 03/25/17.
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My youngest son has one and I have driven it quite a bit. I find it very impressive and lots of fun to drive. It has a real back seat that really surprised me with its' room and comfort. He has had many Porsches and this one is my favorite and he has found it to be trouble free.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I saw a Turbo PAN when they first came out...thought it an abortion of a 911.

It has grown on me a lot though. I fear that if I rode in one, I'd be wanting one real bad.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
" . . .he has found it to be trouble free."

That's what I am looking for! lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stay away from the hybrids and you'll be fine. Oh, and if you're looking at the Turbo, go ahead and start saving now for brake replacement parts. They're aren't cheap.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am looking at the Turbo. Are you talking about ceramic or steel brakes? I was looking at the price of the ceramic and they are astronomical as well. Full disclosure, I'm looking at low mileage 2010 models to try and get down to my price range.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I am looking at the Turbo. Are you talking about ceramic or steel brakes? I was looking at the price of the ceramic and they are astronomical as well. Full disclosure, I'm looking at low mileage 2010 models to try and get down to my price range.

Steel brakes on the Turbo will set you back around $3k front and rear if using genuine Porsche parts (Highly recommended if you want like performance, and no noise and vibration). Ceramics are on another level. Not certain on Panamera ceramic brake prices, but on the 997 Turbo's, you'll spend more than $20k.

Last edited by badger; 03/26/17.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Accurate riles are more important to me than cars!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Toddly

Beautiful car.... from the inside.

How in the hell can you guys look at that and see an ugly car?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Accurate riles are more important to me than cars!

It doesn't have to be an "either/or" sharpie . . . grin

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If you are considering new, perhaps take a look at:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...8-porsche-panamera-sport-turismo-geneva/

Quicker and faster than a 911 (no mean feat as the Panny is a weighty car) and to my eyes, drop dead gorgeous. I'd go with Agate grey or Jet black metallic w/black leather interior and deviated stitching in silver or white. Build your own here:

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/p...mera-turbo-sport-turismo/#modelselection

I think he most recent Panamera is better looking than the past version. Especially the rear end of the vehicle is more flowing. Much like when Porsche changed the Boxster/Cayman from the previous 987 styling to the recent 981 and newest 718 styling. It just looks right. Properly powered quick, pointy sharp handling, fast and comfy.

Also, Audi is strongly considering to bring the RS-6 Avant as per recent press info. Love that ride a lot. We have quite literally been BEGGING Audi to bring the RS-6 Avant here for like 3 years now. Said to Audi US "who do we make the damn check out to"? We are on Audi # 16 as of now. That love affair started in 1989. The Panny turbo Sport Turismo may get the nod though now.

I'd take either over the 991.1 C4S I had and the 981 BS I currently have as I LOVE wagons though I do LOVE the Boxstar S here in SW Fl. It's a perfect beach car/daily driver with an impressive amount of storage for such a small ride.

Regarding the $$ issue, my thought is that you can afford it (as it is a heavily depreciating asset as virtually cars are) and like it, buy it. Life is too short for regrets... Just my $0.02.

Fine rides are a sort of petrol narcotized want. Once bitten by the bug, it is, thankfully, it is an incurable disease.

essere sicuro

Elena

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,473
Posts18,471,466
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.