Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
The other underwear thread has me wondering about the Stanfield wool's.

Anyone wear them, worth the money?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never worn wool underwear, but the very idea makes me itch. When I was a kid I was forced to wear a pair of wool pants to church. I wore long cotton underwear beneath them even in the summer.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yup. IMHO, they're just as good as the high $ UA and others. Also, if you're like me and have a penchant for slipping off of beaver dams or break dancing when crossing creeks, they still insulate when wet.

What man, on his death bed, ever lamented, "God, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I certainly remember the old itchy wool longjohns but them thar days are behind us. The Stanfields that I wear are actually only 25% merino wool, 25% cotton and 50% polyester. Soft, comfortable and warm.

What man, on his death bed, ever lamented, "God, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bobber, The sheep farm at Dryden has the heavy wool drawers for $55, Ca of course.
Is that a fair buy?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Best pair of "dress" winter gloves that I ever bought came from Sheepli's Egg Farm outside of Dryden. They are very heavy leather and have a good knit lining. I've had them for a number of years and hope they last forever. Seems that I gave $55 Canadian for them, but disremember the year.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes John, Egli's is a bit pricie, I bought a pair of wool bibs last year, I fell for old classic green with the small red stripes. I'd like a full wardrobe, but---.

I found the Stanfield wool drawers on the Hudson Bay site just today, I'll look some more there.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Seems reasonable. What kind of wool?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bobber, and I just now see you are young on the "fire", take care of yourself, and watch your hat, and coat.

I think the drawers are %100, or close to it.

The website is simple to bring up, Egli's Sheep Farm. Dryden, Ontario. As I said, the Bay also shows the Stanfield.

PS, is it warming any in Alberta?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Having great weather. Daytime temps between +2/+10 - nighttime 0/-5 for the past week or so. Went ice fishing the other day (no, they weren't biting) and spent several hours in my shirt sleeves. (Didn't need my Stanfields😀) ice still about 3-1/2 ft. thick. Just barely got through with the auger.

I get my Stanfields at Mark's. Will check out that website, thanks.

What's the weather doing in Ont. - or Iowa??

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm in Iowa Bobber, from 11 March, till the 18th, we were in Wabigoon, Ontario, with our grandson fishing through about 2, 1/2 ' ice thickness. I had the extension along, got by without it.

Rainy weather "back at the ranch", I think at times, Iowa is an old Indian word, meaning, "Mud".

That fish not biting, seems to be going around.(blush)

So, here we are, grown men, talking about our underwear, yikes!, some times a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Richard.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
😄😄 l was thinking the same thing. 😄😄. At least we don't agonize over colour or lacy frills and stuff.😱

Bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You haven't been around long enough to have run across the leopard-skin thongs. grin

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have my doubt's about their insulating qualities.😄

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bobber257
I have my doubt's about their insulating qualities.😄

No, but the guy who wears them makes them look good. Those and aviators.

But don't say anything bad about them, he's got a mean lookin' dog!

Geno

PS, seems to be a regular guy tho.

PPS, is that Stanfield stuff available south of the border.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Stanfields have been making underwear in Canada since the beginning of time but I have no idea if they export to the U.S.

The last I've heard, they're not (yet) into the leapard skin thongs and aviators market.😝

Last edited by Bobber257; 03/26/17.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bobber, Valsdad, and all, the difference between the US, and Canadian dollar makes any Canadian goods cheaper than the face price, before tax.

I don't know if Mark's ships, but if anyone is serious, look into either Egli's Sheep farm website, or Hudson's Bay.

I'll likely wait till I'm in Dryden, and decide then if I want to buy.

P S, I'll leave the alternate styles to you other folks, no doubt I'd look great in them however! (See the thread on the profile on the perfect "fire member)

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
I got a sheepskin vest from the sheep farm about 15 years ago--simple thing and pricey but the best piece of kit I own.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Checked out the Egli's site this a.m. Lots of really nice stuff - no "alternative", thank goodness.

Ironic that a Canuck has to find a great Canadian site thru an American.🤔

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Bobber, I've a guest in "my", little part of Canada since 1949, man, and boy, I've tried to soak up some culture, and learn, I always want to learn more.

I'd love to travel Western Canada someday, the eastern Provinces as well.

I'll add, the sheep farm is only about 20 miles west of Wabigoon, Ontario, so I'd a bit dense to not be aware of the place.

Last edited by wabigoon; 03/26/17.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (160user, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,224
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.