Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I wonder how many cracks to the skull via Maglite a dog can take before it's retarded?

Dave

What's a Maglite?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 325Abn
I wonder how many cracks to the skull via Maglite a dog can take before it's retarded?

Dave

How many did it take for you Dehmocraps to become retarded? Some things just come by it naturally.

Are you done pretending to have known a K9 handler or are you going to bless us with more bullschit?

Dave

Don't be such a tart.

Do you have anything intelligent to say or are you just offering more of your pubescent attempts to seem like a grown up?

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Head-scratching a pit.

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Do you have anything intelligent to say

Yeah.

You're lying.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

I had consulted a police K9 trainer i personally know about socializing and training strong-willed dogs. As I had participated in some of their "training events" (I was a bad-guy wearing a padded suit!) multiple times I had seen my friend use some seemingly too-rough discipline on his 105lb Belgian Shepherd (a sharp crack on the head via his 6 D-cell MagLite). He assured me then the dog was OK and some needed a little more "convincing" than others. He just seemed strange, but he had been a K9 trainer for over 20 years and was well-regarded in police K9 circles (he was a well-known trainer in the state i lived at the time).

Huh......Head-crack training. Glad that's not on my repertoire.

I was always told if you need to beat your K-9 for compliance, its only a matter of time before he goes off the reservation.

People are a different story. They can be beaten...

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Reminds me of my Chinese sister in law who was certain that my Doberman (an absolutely friendly dog) was aggressive
and would attack her, based on her understanding of the breed. ..

Chinese kill and eat dogs like westerners eat beef burgers..
she's probably used to dogs always being on basic instinct survival/aggressive mode .. grin
In all seriousness, though, she's a wonderful person. She just doesn't like dogs very much, and particularly not of breeds with any sort of bad press.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Reminds me of my Chinese sister in law who was certain that my Doberman (an absolutely friendly dog) was aggressive

she's probably used to dogs always being on basic instinct survival/aggressive mode .. grin
In all seriousness, though, she's a wonderful person. She just doesn't like dogs very much, and particularly not of breeds with any sort of bad press.

Some dogs just leave a bad taste in your mouth

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Originally Posted by gsganzer

I won't pass judgement on all pitbulls, but I would watch for any signs that might indicate trouble ahead.

That's just it. There is rarely ever a sign that something bad might happen.

Yeah.... they are the best pet ever, until they aren't.

Clyde
Just this week, a pit killed an 8 month old baby. The baby had been around the dog the whole 8 months, as it was the babysitters dog. Just went off. I have no use at all, for pits.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I don't understand why anyone would want a dog that they always had to watch out for so it didn't attack kids etc.

Or why someone would go without homeowners' insurance.

If I made the laws, anyone owning a pit bull that injured someone would serve hard time.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In a situation like that, I blame the parents that allowed a pit in the house just as much as the dog owner and dog.

May that child rest in peace.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I see what you did there.....Nice.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Few things rile me more than those videos showing how certain Asians treat dogs and cats they raise for butchering.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Do you have anything intelligent to say

Yeah.

You're lying.

Clark

Wrong.

Anything else?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ribka
How do you get home owners insurance with a pit bull in the house?

I had three different carriers in my life as a home owner and they always asked i I owned a pit or rottie. Said if owned either of those 2 breeds would not insure me

It's not just Pits or Rotts. Here is a list from one of the insurance companies I represent:

"Do you or any household member own one or more of the following breeds or a mix of one of these breeds of dog?

Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Wolf Hybrid."

A previous poster said people will lie about the type of dogs they have in order to get homeowners insurance. That is true, and I've had it happen in my Agency.

The problem arises when there is a claim for a dog bite and the insurance company finds out the homeowners lied on the application. At that point, the insurance company can deny coverage and will most likely cancel the policy asap. The homeowner is then left to pay for damages all on their own.

How much of your money do you think a jury will award the family of a 4yo, whose face was mauled by your dog?

There are insurance companies that will insure homes with the above named breeds in them, but there are fewer such companies each year.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by k22hornet
The problem arises when there is a claim for a dog bite and the insurance company finds out the homeowners lied on the application. At that point, the insurance company can deny coverage and will most likely cancel the policy asap. The homeowner is then left to pay for damages all on their own.
That's the thing, though. Most owners of those breeds would likely be willing to sign an exclusion from coverage for dog bites, but when they ask for this, are flatly refused. So you can get the same result by simply saying no to those questions.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
That's the thing, though. Most owners of those breeds would likely be willing to sign an exclusion from coverage for dog bites, but when they ask for this, are flatly refused. So you can get the same result by simply saying no to those questions.

That's called an Exclusion Offer, and you are correct in that most insurance companies will not offer it for certain dog breeds.

However, if the client lies about the dog breed, and then the home gets hit by hail, the insurance company can still retro-cancel the policy to the last renewal date because they lied about the dog, and then that hail damage is not covered either.

If the insurance company does not 'redline' certain breeds upfront, they will most likely cover one (1) dog bite, and then they will cancel the policy at next renewal or, they might keep the policy if the homeowner agrees to give the offending dog away

The solution is to find an insurance company that will insure these breeds, and they are out there.

Contact an Independent Broker as to what companies are available in your area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most loyal, obedient, affectionate and playful dogs ever. They seem overly eager to their masters. But one day sooner or later they just snap for any reason or no apparent reason. It is like they lose their mind and turn savage. No use for them around kids and women.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by ribka
How do you get home owners insurance with a pit bull in the house?

I had three different carriers in my life as a home owner and they always asked i I owned a pit or rottie. Said if owned either of those 2 breeds would not insure me

It's not just Pits or Rotts. Here is a list from one of the insurance companies I represent:

"Do you or any household member own one or more of the following breeds or a mix of one of these breeds of dog?

Akita, Alaskan Malamute, American Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Chow Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Wolf Hybrid."

A previous poster said people will lie about the type of dogs they have in order to get homeowners insurance. That is true, and I've had it happen in my Agency.

How much of your money do you think a jury will award the family of a 4yo, whose face was mauled by your dog?

There are insurance companies that will insure homes with the above named breeds in them, but there are fewer such companies each year.

My next door neighbor has a huge Bull Mastiff that they keep inside most of the time. This dog isn't friendly at all. Any time I'm in my back yard I have a pistol on me in case he busts through the fence. Him and his wife walk this dog around the neighborhood every evening, actually the dog drags them around. I don't know how much this dog weighs but his previous Mastiff weighed 225lbs.

Last edited by victoro; 03/28/17.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Most loyal, obedient, affectionate and playful dogs ever. They seem overly eager to their masters. But one day sooner or later they just snap for any reason or no apparent reason. It is like they lose their mind and turn savage. No use for them around kids and women.

Impossible to train genetics out of an animal, no matter how many times you thump them. Just observe how dogs behave once they get into a pack.They (pit bulls) just do what has been specifically breed into them and that is a very powerful musculature, a powerful jaw and the unending desire to attack and kill things be it other animals or people

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What has 4 legs and 1 arm??

A happy pit bull.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,475 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,194
Posts18,485,016
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.