Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Just putting out some feelers. I'm driving to Tulsa for the show this weekend from Northern WI. I'm sure someone here has been there. Other than a pocket full of cash and a ton of people, what can I expect? I've heard if you're looking for it, its there? At any rate I'll get there Friday and staying thru the weekend. What time should I be in line. How do I navigate and remember, etc. Is there anywhere to take a break.

Does anyone want me to "haul" anything back to Iowa, Minn, WI?

Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

GB1

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a guy who will be there on a table and will have some nice Savages to sell. PM me if you want his name and cell number.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, Wisconsin to Oklahoma. Must be one hell of a show?

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by S99VG
Wow, Wisconsin to Oklahoma. Must be one hell of a show?

It is.

It has to be seen to believed.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Leverlover, yes there is are a couple of break areas with concessions. Expect to walk a ways after you park, and the concrete floors get to your feet after a while, but there are chairs scattered around. You'll see lots of almost everything.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
On my bucket list, someday!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am planning on going to the next one. And bringing a few guys on the 24 with me.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope to make it some day. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's definitely worth the trip, just to browse and sightsee. I'll be there, as will some other campfire folks.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I am still looking for a pristine .308 Savage 99A. If you see one, please pass on my email address to seller so he can contact me: jwmouwcharter.net. Thanks.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I went last year for the first time and will definitely go again. I believe we got in line around 7:15 or 7:30. It didn't take long to get in after they open the doors though I picked up a real nice .308 savage 99A there and some ammo, but plenty of stuff to look at including a couple tables with really nice 99's. We stayed in Catoosa which is about 10 min outside of Tulsa, drove down through Illinois and Missouri, but came back on the interstate 35 through Missouri and iowa, minn. Well worth the trip.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The guy I know at the show has a pretty nice 1899H in 22HP.

He also has a suitcase set with some guys name on the receiver. Accompanying the set is a letter saying Savage did it.

He also has a decent 1899B and an 1899C. Both in 303.

I got a really nice 1926 99G off of him last month.

Again, if anyone wants his number because you are going to Tulsa, send me a PM.

RAS

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Is that the set that has "Ira Brown" engraved on it? If so, he was at York a few weeks back, he did have some nice rifles. He was away from the table and his helper was there. I told him if it had of been engrave for "Ira Hayes" I would have jumped on it. He acted like he never heard of Ira Hayes, so I didn't pester him anymore, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
OK, I'll bite....

Who WAS/IS Ira Hayes?

Last edited by crowmagnum; 03/29/17.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
American Indian, Marine, that helped raise the flag on Iwo Jima. He later acted in a few movies, did guest appearances around his home town, usually payed in liquor. He didn't do "fame" well and turned to booze. Died on the side of the road a drunk. He was buried at Arlington with full military honors. He learned to read and write by four years old, joined the ParaMarines at 19 and died at 32. He was one of 5 Marines in his platoon that survived Iwo Jima, but he couldn't survive life, Joe.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Road trip to this show, Joe? I'll drive. We'll pick up Oldotter, Saddlering, and Fireball on the way. Maybe even swing by Loggah's place if he's done boiling hemlock sap by then.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
American Indian, Marine, that helped raise the flag on Iwo Jima. He later acted in a few movies, did guest appearances around his home town, usually payed in liquor. He didn't do "fame" well and turned to booze. Died on the side of the road a drunk. He was buried at Arlington with full military honors. He learned to read and write by four years old, joined the ParaMarines at 19 and died at 32. He was one of 5 Marines in his platoon that survived Iwo Jima, but he couldn't survive life, Joe.

One of my favorite Johnny Cash songs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmNKspKUaTQ

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=gnoahhh]Road trip to this show, Joe? I'll drive. We'll pick up Oldotter, Saddlering, and Fireball on the way. Maybe even swing by Loggah's place if he's done boiling hemlock sap by then. [/quote

I wouldn't want you fellas to tarnish my sterling reputation here on the forum. laugh laugh laugh

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Gary, you still driven the "Stinkin Lincoln? We could squeeze a few more people in it! I'll probably still be painting, Joe

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nah, the Lincoln Aircraft Carrier was a temp. The Saab will seat four comfortably, plus two in the trunk. What's more important- driving cross country to a gun show in a miasma of beer farts, or painting the MIL's living room?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,434
Posts18,470,811
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.