Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In my experience, you can't beat Mephisto shoes for comfort that starts right out of the box and lasts for the (very long) life of the shoes or boots. I think the natural rubber sole is what makes the difference.

What shoes do you recommend?

I'm better when I move.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick

A good pair of boots.

Rios of Mercedes or Lucchese have always fit well, and been comfortable as a pair of house shoes.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've tried redwing with the white wedge sole, I don't like them. I think I'm going to try danner 6" patrol.

Now that I'm 50 I struggle more than ever to find the right footwear.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's hard to find is a good pair of gardening shoes...without tread to pick up dirt. I highly prefer to wear running type shoes but they track dirt everywhere.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
In my experience, you can't beat Mephisto shoes for comfort that starts right out of the box and lasts for the (very long) life of the shoes or boots. I think the natural rubber sole is what makes the difference.

I'm going to check that out. I'm wearing Bourne's right now and they kill my feet. I got the plantar footyitus.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wear flip flops when I work in my garden. 85 here today, 95 in another month.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a casual summer shoe try a pair of Wild Boar Mocs from Deluth. They're like socks with lug soles.
In the winter 6" Bean Boots with a thick pair of wool socks are my daily driver but I don't take em off road.

For work boots I swore by those Redwing Irish Setters that Dave dislikes for almost 50yrs of carpentering.

For hunting US Danners.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Salomon trail runners or Lowa Zephyrs. My cowboy boots look good and make me taller but my tired feet prefer comfort.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
FlaRick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
I wear flip flops when I work in my garden. 85 here today, 95 in another month.

I know what you mean. I only wear shoes or boots up north or during the cooler months here in Florida. In the heat, I'm barefoot or wearing croc slides. However, I gotta say that my feet feel better when I wear a good pair of shoes.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ariat Terrain. Slip resistance, non-marking sole, excellent side of foot and arch support.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Agreed. I have three pair of Mephistos. The oldest pair is in the shop for a rebuild. It's worth the $100.00.

I wear Filson Highlander boots for hunting and Lowa Banff hikers.

Dave go to a podiatrist and get a pair of custom orthotics. They're worth it If you've got plantar fasciitis.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
x2 on the Duluth Trading Wild Boar Mocs. Mine are 3 years old and very comfortable. Wear them year round with jeans.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Agreed. I have three pair of Mephistos. The oldest pair is in the shop for a rebuild. It's worth the $100.00.

Dave go to a podiatrist and get a pair of custom orthotics. They're worth it If you've got plantar fasciitis.

I stood on one of those Dr scholes things that tells you which insert to choose. Those were actually a big help.

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Keen Braddock. Steel toe and made in USA

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Sauer200

I stood on one of those Dr scholes things that tells you which insert to choose. Those were actually a big help.

I have three sets. One is full foot for my boots. The other is half length that I wear in my athletic shoes. The third one is an "intrinsic"orthotic that fits in my dress shoes.

I wear them in my boots daily and do a good bit of standing.They really help.
I don't always wear them in my casual shoes especially if I am not going to do a lot of walking.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dingmo
x2 on the Duluth Trading Wild Boar Mocs. Mine are 3 years old and very comfortable. Wear them year round with jeans.

Mine are going into their third summer. I bought the Tan colored swede model. They're discontinued so I'll get the Bison leather if and when these finally wear out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tag

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thorogood 8" wedge sole. Bought in October. Wear nearly daily.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mephisto - seem well worth the cost if you need travel shoes and are going to do a lot of footwork where you go. Like great hiking boots - for urban terrain - and some designs go fine with more dressy attire.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

They sure ain't "low end" are they? Looks like a nice product. They only have 8 models in "wide" width, and I take a 4EEEE. Thanks for posting, though. I had never heard of those before.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,194
Posts18,524,045
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.