Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
OSU_Sig Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Sorry we missed you Chilinstructor, we'll look forward to meeting you next fall.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I agree, prices were bordering on or exceeding stupid for the most part. I did manage to pick up 5 lbs of Ramshot Hunter for $60 Saturday afternoon, and bought a Remington Custom Shop matte finish barrel with sights in 8mm Rem Mag. I already have an 8mm mag but I have a stainless 700 action and HS Precision stock sitting around so what else is a fella supposed to do?

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Maybe the sellers will finally figure you can't ask 1 1/2 times going price for $hit just because it is a freaking show!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are things at that show not available most places and things most people will never see outside of it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by gunner500
Did y'all here the AD at the front door at 4:30pm ? EMS was out front.

Some one said a cop shot him self in the hand with a 10 mm???
I was about 100 yards from the front door, and it was pretty damn loud, whatever it was.

Any of you OK residents see anything about it on the 6:00 local news?

Where in hell were you CHLI, you was MIA Buddy, we couldn't find you.

Sorry Gunner, I ended up getting stuck having to baby sit my idiot brother in law at the show. mad
Didn't leave me any time to hook up with y'all. Sorry I missed meeting y'all. I'll be back next year, though.

At least I did end up getting a smoking deal on a new Randall Model # 1 Fighter in stainless steel with leather wrapped handle.
And I also found a un-fired pristine 1957 model Ruger Single Six .22 in the scarce / low production Light Weight version.

Dang on the baby sitting deal, sounds like you scored some descent wares though, hopefully we'll meet up the next time. smile

Trump Won!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The highlight of the show was definately lunch with the Campfire mob. Prices did indeed seem way high. Someone, probably Gunner, said "Makes you appreciate online buying" & I have to agree. Still, there were a few interesting booths. Ed's Contenders had a lot of hardware there if you like such things. Some of the custome knife & stock makers had interesting goods.

But unfortunately most was plastic pistols & AR/AK stuff, that's fine but I have all I'll need.

OSU, thanks for organizing.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I enjoy seeing things that are not available localy.

Antiques guns by the thousands and a nice trip away from home for my wife and I.

We hope to hit the Knob Creek machine gun shoot this weekend and then it's time to get serious about catching fish

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I'm surprised people still attend gun shows. Most anything is online way cheaper.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did y'all here the AD at the front door at 4:30pm ? EMS was out front.

Some one said a cop shot him self in the hand with a 10 mm???
I was about 100 yards from the front door, and it was pretty damn loud, whatever it was.

Any of you OK residents see anything about it on the 6:00 local news?

Where in hell were you CHLI, you was MIA Buddy, we couldn't find you.

Sorry Gunner, I ended up getting stuck having to baby sit my idiot brother in law at the show. mad
Didn't leave me any time to hook up with y'all. Sorry I missed meeting y'all. I'll be back next year, though.

At least I did end up getting a smoking deal on a new Randall Model # 1 Fighter in stainless steel with leather wrapped handle.
And I also found a un-fired pristine 1957 model Ruger Single Six .22 in the scarce / low production Light Weight version.

Dang on the baby sitting deal, sounds like you scored some descent wares though, hopefully we'll meet up the next time. smile

Looking forward to it! cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 04/02/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It was nice to meet some campfire folks from outside the Savage circle, and that Colt pistol was just plain cool. I'll pass on shooting any of Gunner's guns tho after seeing the bullets he was passing around. Holy cow!

Found one old gun that had to come home with me, and took the name of another person that has a 1940 Savage 99 that's 100 serial numbers off of one that I have. I just went to look, so I wasn't disappointed. Occasionally I come home with a great deal from there, but not always. Definitely find more great deals online, but it's good to go someplace where you can see stuff in person.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good morning, guys...and Mrs. Thorn, too.

I got home about 4am this morning after a long 14 hr trip home. Dang near had some fresh 'high speed beef' on the hood north of Milwaukee. I had no trouble staying awake the rest of the way home grin.

Gunner, thanks for that custom .400Whelen cartridge for my collection. Impressive round! Good to see you again, buddy!

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting faces to the names on Saturday. No doubt the highlight of the trip for me.
Thanks, Cliff for setting up our gathering!

I resisted buying that well beat-up Remington 870 for $849 all weekend laugh crazy Then about noon on Sunday, I finally convinced a seller to part with a sweet little 20ga Browning O&U at a substantially lower price. cool Just gotta wear'm down, I guess!

Best wishes.

Paul

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thieves steal a pistol at the Tulsa Gun show...

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=KLGerXQzcuY[/video]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I despise a thief! mad

I hope they track them down and hang them!

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I kind of thought something like that had happened, they were checking bags and guns when I checked out which I don't recall happening before.

A couple of years ago someone stole one and they announced it over the loudspeaker repeatedly until he/she was caught. The whole crowd clapped & cheered.

I guess this time they decided to play it stealthy.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Takes big balls to steal at a gun show.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I was at the Tulsa Wannenmachet show today. That's where a shot went off at the front door at 4:30pm. I saw the ambulance at the front door about 10 minutes later. They left quickly, so I did not get to see who got loaded into it. One of the crew at the front door told me that it was a local cop with a 10mm.
Didn't know for sure if it was true or not. That's why I was asking if any other Campfire members in attendance today were out front and saw what happened.

For those that made the trip, here's your [b][color:#3333FF]Tulsa Gun Show ND[/color][/b], shaking my head, can't believe it.

Well, yes, actually I can believe it.... mad

O
OSU_Sig Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
wow. Idiots abound...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Looks like a ricochet off the wall. Thank God it wasn't worse than it was.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
I kind of thought something like that had happened, they were checking bags and guns when I checked out which I don't recall happening before.

A couple of years ago someone stole one and they announced it over the loudspeaker repeatedly until he/she was caught. The whole crowd clapped & cheered.

I guess this time they decided to play it stealthy.
I was at one and the same thing happened. I'd seen the guy walking around. I was standing there talking to a dealer I know and he got distracted. Then he told this guy standing beside me to stay right there. The guy headed towards the door but they got him. He had picked up some little Walther or something. The whole crowd cheered when they took him out in cuffs.

In fact, that might have been in the other Fairgrounds building.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
Takes big balls to steal at a gun show.
More like a small brain.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.