OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Nurses in Philippines captured by Japanese and in POW camps:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/0...ne-greatest-wwii-stories-never-told.html

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thank you for sharing that. A very good read.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good article...thx

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very cool.

Whether we want to admit or not, women are tougher than men!

Thank you ladies. HAND SALUTE!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bet they got to have plenty of Japanese Pork Foo Young, if you know what I mean.

The Japs are the most culturally superior people on the planet. They believe themselves superior to all other cultures and races. For instance, they despise Koreans and refer to them as "Garlic Eaters."

When the Japs conquered Korea they took in an estimated 200,000 Korean women and held them as prostitutes for Jap officers and men. They called them "comfort women."
These gals were essentially sex slaves to any Jap who wanted them, and this went on for six years!

Then, we go to China, where we had the "Rape of Nanking."
Yes, there were murders and atrocities that boggled the mind, but there was also rape of women on a grand scale.

And these were Asian women in both cases!

The Japs likewise held themselves far superior to a European or American person.

So, you telling me they had all these American gals prisoner all these years, but not one American girl was raped? Give me a break.
If I want to read some fiction I will read Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

I mean, the American gals have an incredible story to tell and I am sure they were brave and courageous, but let's get honest on the "Romance With Jap Guards" deal.

Hell, look at how they dealt with our guys on the Bataan Death March. They would cut off an American Captain's head with a Samurai sword in one second, if he looked sideways at a Jap soldier. They murdered hundreds of innocent soldiers on that March.

And you telling me they didn't rape a single American nurse? Give me a break.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I wonder if we ever militarily did anything as horrific to our prisoners as those animals did to ours.

I had a fishing buddy as a kid in Corrigan, Texas whos dad had survived the Bataan death march. He had weighed about 220 when captured and weighed 87 lbs iirc when the war ended.

They would erect a tall greased pole in a marsh and turn the starving Americans loose to watch them try and climb the pole for the food at the top, climbing over and suffocating those who fell at the bottom of the pile of bodies, stomped into the mud and water to die.

Great sport that.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry to say you are right SK. Why didnt they tell the truth so those who might choose to follow in their service, no pun intended, might know what they may be exposed to?

Probably to prevent others from dodging the endeavor.

No way 77 white women survived starvation at the hands of animals without giving their all.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great story.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Due to an aging neighbor, I've been doing a lot of WWII reading of late. With the exception of one occasionally catching some GI's eye, there's rarely a mention of those ladies and their heroic deeds.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sorry to say you are right SK. Why didnt they tell the truth so those who might choose to follow in their service, no pun intended, might know what they may be exposed to?

Probably to prevent others from dodging the endeavor.

No way 77 white women survived starvation at the hands of animals without giving their all.
Today's PC climate hates mention of Jap atrocities during WWII. The only thing they like is to decry Truman's dropping of the A Bomb. It saved a lot of guy's lives, including probably, my Dad. He was scheduled for the invasion of Japan when the Japs were brought to their knees and surrendered. God bless President Truman.

Dad was a member of the Expeditionary Force that took back the Aleutian Islands from the Japs. The Japs overran our bases there and when they did, there were some sick guys in the hospital in too bad a shape to move. One guy got out of bed and hid under a huge pile of Red Cross blankets piled in the corner. He witnessed the Japs bayonet all the wounded. They bayoneted him too but he kept quiet and survived under the blankets. Dad hated Japs.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is unimaginable sometimes to think about the atrocities that occurred during WW2. The Germans, Russians, and Japanese treated their enemies horribly, with the Japs perhaps being the worst. It is somewhat of a miracle that those nurses were able to survive the conditions of the prison camp.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
UnGodly nations they where.

I had a distant relative, that was from Montana. She was a an army nurse in the Phillipines back in WW2. I need to dig out the history book.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
They even ate some of our guys!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,227
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.