Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Trystan
Next week.......stay tuned!

Trystan

We are still tuned, and I am ready to learn.

Lots to learn from the OP. Just the other day he was lecturing Bigfin on long range hunting:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...The_Game_of_Inches_...bigge#Post11919724

Damn! I'm missing out on the fun, the knowledge, and the inability to discern between 'next week' and next month!

Not to mention I just bought a Tikka, but have only shot out to 400 yards, can't wait to learn to shoot at 500!!!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Trystan

What exactly do you mean by "next week"? grin

Right now it is this week. I'm going to shoot when its next week. Every time I get ready to shoot I realize I said next week but in the here and now its always this week. ☺ So, next week I'm going to shoot some groups. I almost can't wait to post them so as I can be followed around by the troll crowd for the next 3 months😀

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by smokepole

Trystan

We are still tuned, and I am ready to learn.

Lots to learn from the OP. Just the other day he was lecturing Bigfin on long range hunting:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...The_Game_of_Inches_...bigge#Post11919724

Damn! I'm missing out on the fun, the knowledge, and the inability to discern between 'next week' and next month!

Not to mention I just bought a Tikka, but have only shot out to 400 yards, can't wait to learn to shoot at 500!!!

Ingwe,

You probably did shoot to 500 and maybe beyond when you missed the target at 400 yds. I like to hang my 400 yd targets 10 ft high that way if I miss I'm shooting out past 2000 yds 😀

Just kidding!☺ How is your new 223 8 twist working out for you. The one I've got is my favorite rifle and that little sumbitch flat shoots. In fact it shoots so well I can't even say it on 24 hour campfire without someone schittin there pants😎

The rifle likes 25.6 grains of Benchmark with a 55 ttsx. Just for the record I'm not trying to school you in anyway. I know when I'm talking to the poobah and when I'm not.

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 04/12/17.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Trystan

Right now it is this week. I'm going to shoot when its next week. Every time I get ready to shoot I realize I said next week but in the here and now its always this week. ☺ So, next week I'm going to shoot some groups. I almost can't wait to post them so as I can be followed around by the troll crowd for the next 3 months😀

Trystan

This thread reminds me of the sign at Joe's Crab Shack:

"Free Crabs Tomorrow."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Trystan

Trystan

Integrity is often measured by how you conduct yourself. Like credibility, when it is compromised, it is incredibly hard for others to trust, or have any respect for a person who is found lacking.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Trystan

Trystan

Integrity is often measured by how you conduct yourself. Like credibility, when it is compromised, it is incredibly hard for others to trust, or have any respect for a person who is found lacking.

Mackay,

I do have to admit I've given deep consideration to not doing a you tube video or posting any replys whatsoever. That's kind of what I do when I'm followed around by trolls and such. I'm not talking about you I'm referring to a number of other individuals. Are you fellas going to get a video. You might but I doubt it!!!

Trystan

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I do have to admit I've given deep consideration to not doing a you tube video or posting any replys whatsoever. That's kind of what I do when I'm followed around by trolls and such. I'm not talking about you I'm referring to a number of other individuals. Are you fellas going to get a video. You might but I doubt it!!!

Next time..... do the "deep consideration" BEFORE opening your mouth.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Are you fellas going to get a video. You might but I doubt it!!!

Trystan

LOL, there's a surprise. We're not asking to see the video, just waiting for you to acknowledge it ain't gonna happen.

You were the only one unsure of the outcome.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Trystan

Trystan

Mackay,

Trystan

looks like you are proving the "trolls" correct by not posting a video. In addition, I'd say with no video, any credibility you had on this site would be gone as well.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I know this thread was completely side-tracked with all the cat-calling and promises but I have been around enough of these things that I finally bit and bought one myself. I am waiting on rings so I can shoot it.

Neighbor down the street, retired finish carpenter, most humble guy I know bought a CTR in 308 and his son, in 260 Remington. He was asking me some reloading questions today. He showed me groups they shot at 500 yards with the 260 that were definitely 2" or under using 142 SMKs and H4350. He said that he can't shoot better than 3" with the 308 himself.

They decided to try something new and moved back to the other side of the wash. The new distance was 739 yards. They were .1 mil off and the elevation but soon hitting the 8" gong so easily that they decided to shoot the spray paint can. Hit it 4 in a row- the fourth shot tipped it over.

I believe a guy could buy a CTR and just go do it with NO modifications other than adjusting the trigger. I have spent $3000 on rifles to get something that would shoot 2" groups at 500 yards.

I will try and shoot some 500 yard groups this month if my scope ever comes. Mine is 308.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Those must be some pretty hefty spray paint cans if it takes four rounds to tip them over......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
sail right through brother

J
J
Well i don t know the OP but i own 3 tikkas and sold a fourth. My 6.5 swede is a solid half moa gun with factory nosler 140 ABs. I have shot 1 inch 3 round groups at 300 and shoot clays at to 400 with a high hit ratio. I have a bushnell 3200 3-9x40 mounted. I think witth more magnification and my hand loads I could pull off 3 inch groups at 500. My 223 T3 and 308 tikka tactical are both sub moa but they dont touch that Swede.

Take it for what its worth. I dont shoot past 400 very often but I believe a stock tikka with a better scope and ammo is possible lf a 2 inch group at 500.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Took my Tikka out spring bear hunting off sleds....I didn't have a tag due to getting one in September so I brought my 6.5 along in case we saw some wolves. Anyway toward the end of the day I decided to do some plinking since its easy to set and retrieve targets on snowmobiles.

I suggested we try to hit a folgers can at 550 and my buddy's were like no way will we hit it. So I set up a couple A-arm guards that were falling off my sled any way at 410 and 470. Let one buddy shoot 2 at 410 and the other buddy 2 at 470. Couldn't see any reaction to the hits but a quick zip over there yielded roughly both of them shot roughly 1" at 410 and 470...after that they wanted to skoot the folgers can to 800+ which we did smile

410 on the left and 470 on the right:
[Linked Image]

Of course when it shoots 5 shot groups like this at 100 yards its not all the suprising wink
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Wow!

6.5X55?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche

[Linked Image]

Is that an XCR Element?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's an XLR element yes.

6.5 Creedmoor .....let the flaming begin cause I caved and got a CM wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is it a CTR in a XLR?

Looks boss!

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes sir! But not sure it gets to keep the "C" in CTR being as it's the 24" barrel version. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice shooting!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.