Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So they bombed Pearl Harbor, now we protect them.

The US reportedly told close ally Japan that it could mount a military strike on North Korea if the situation arises. Diplomatic sources were quoted as saying that the Trump administration was ready to use force against Pyongyang if China did not step up to stop the kingdom from pushing ahead with its military activities.

The move highlights the Trump administration's determination to curb North Korea's weapons programme, which has rapidly grown over the past few months.

The report comes as the US has dispatched its navy strike group, led by an aircraft carrier, to the Korean peninsula in an unusual show of force against Kim Jong-un's regime.

Multiple diplomatic sources told Japan's Kyodo news agency that the US State Department had made Trump's stand on the possible military strike on North Korea clear ahead of his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 04/12/17.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the people of the Urth won't be able to survive into the future while every tom, dick & harry little piss-ant nation threatens the whole civil make-up of the world with nuclear distruction --- just to keep one despot in power.

disarming the world's renegades might not be the kosher thing to do, but necessary never the less.

nuclear power is not to be played with, nor used for threatening purposes against humanity.

if the norks can't or won't comply, then they will have to be closed down.

and please remember the japanese are on our side now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

The US reportedly told close ally Japan that it could mount a military strike on North Korea if the situation arises. Diplomatic sources were quoted as saying that the Trump administration was ready to use force against Pyongyang if China did not step up to stop the kingdom from pushing ahead with its military activities.

The move highlights the Trump administration's determination to curb North Korea's weapons programme, which has rapidly grown over the past few months.

The report comes as the US has dispatched its navy strike group, led by an aircraft carrier, to the Korean peninsula in an unusual show of force against Kim Jong-un's regime.

Multiple diplomatic sources told Japan's Kyodo news agency that the US State Department had made Trump's stand on the possible military strike on North Korea clear ahead of his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
a guy i got in a gun fight with, and another i beat with a bat and sliced open, became a couple of my closest friends.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I see you're still holding that multi-generational grudge.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Just tired of being the world's policeman guys. Other countries need to step up.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just tired of being the world's policeman guys. Other countries need to step up.

well yeah. but that would require they divert some of their annual revenue away from domestic programs to external activities.

that's not a popular decision, when the us is more than happy to fill the gaps for free.

when the us finally says enough is enough, they will be forced to look the future directly in the eye.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
All this is to get China to shut the little twerp up in North Korea....which they will.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just tired of being the world's policeman

Japan surrendered unconditionally. Their constitution states

Paragraph 1 of article 9

1. Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as a means of settling international disputes.

2. In order to accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, land, sea and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognized.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Paragraph 1 of article 9

1. Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as a means of settling international disputes.

2. In order to accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, land, sea and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognized.

They have Navy ships. I have done joint military exercises with them. It was a big deal, because many of the other countries refused to work with them at all, since they still hold a grudge against Japan for WWII.

MOLON LABE
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I believe that refers to weapons for aggression against other states. They certainly have self defense forces; I've done joint ACM exercises with their JASDF F-4's before they got their F-15's, etc.

There's also a requirement for us to help in their defense. That's the reason we've had a carrier forward deployed there for decades.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
The right choice isn't always the popular one but it's got to be done nonetheless.

North Korea is run by a psycho. He places 0 value on anyone's life but his own. The best solution is for the people of that country to rise up and do what needs doing. But short of that, the rest of the world can not just stand by and watch as he develops nuclear weapons. What happens when he lights up Tokyo or even San Francisco with a ICBM?

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
What happens when he lights up Tokyo or even San Francisco with a ICBM?

Well it'd improve the Bay Area but I'm worried about them hitting Seattle, although that'd be an improvement to the emerald city 😬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

This isn't about being the world's policeman anymore, this is about self defense. North Korea isn't particularly building missiles to deliver nukes to South Korea or Japan, they can do that with a truck, they're building missiles to deliver nukes against us here at home.

That changes the context. Are you willing to get the [bleep] kicked out of you without throwing a punch just because you feel entitled to have someone else stand up for you? That's the real question we face.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus
...when the us finally says enough is enough, they will be forced to look the future directly in the eye.

If the US no longer is willing to be the stabilizing force for good in the world, I'm afraid WWIII will commence.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
The right choice isn't always the popular one but it's got to be done nonetheless.

North Korea is run by a psycho. He places 0 value on anyone's life but his own. The best solution is for the people of that country to rise up and do what needs doing. But short of that, the rest of the world can not just stand by and watch as he develops nuclear weapons. What happens when he lights up Tokyo or even San Francisco with a ICBM?

Those people are kept in the dark about what the world is about. They are brainwashed zombies.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
By now, Germany and Japan should be paying for their own defense. Also, by now, haven't we seen that the U.S. attempting to be the world police doesn't work so well.

As to North Korea, we and the rest of the world have been placating this fat little dwarf and his father too long to believe this time will be any different. Will believe it when I see it.

I haven't been paying that much attention but isn't it time for John McCain to come out and claim everything Trump is doing re: N.K. is all wrong? You know - he's a Washington "maverick" and that's what they do!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Japan plans to send several warships to the Korean Peninsula to join the U.S. warship Carl Vinson, which was redeployed to the region Monday according to reports. Kyodo news agency, a cooperative news agency based in Japan, and Reuters both cited sources that had confirmed ships from Japan’s naval fleet would travel to the East China Sea to join U.S. forces.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

a guy i got in a gun fight with, and another i beat with a bat and sliced open, became a couple of my closest friends.

Guess that's just how you make friends in Texas. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Paragraph 1 of article 9

They have Navy ships. I have done joint military exercises with them. It was a big deal, because many of the other countries refused to work with them at all, since they still hold a grudge against Japan for WWII.

They were arrogant bastards when they were on a buying spree in the 80's as well.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

one just might want to keep in mind where the electronic componets of some of our hi tech hardware as in cruise missles is actually made.
answer, not here.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,602
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.