A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by comerade
All things make more sense to me with a little guidance from God. As I see it , Creation,Evolution,Quantum science-everything meshes together if I believe in a power that is not understandable. This is beyond our comprehension . God's gift of free will allows choose.I am follower of Jesus and when you believe in something greater it makes all choices easier.IMO

Why do you choose to call that not understood higher power God? Why not call it "The Combined Standard Model"?

A Rose by any other name is still a Rose isn't it?
At least it used to be, now days it's doesn't seem to matter...

Yes.
That is the Third Law of Logic. Calling a Eunuch a transgender does change that fact that his still just a Eunuch.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Bible prophecieS fulfilled concerning Israel.

http://www.trackingbibleprophecy.org/israel.php

Again,

Pick the one you consider the strongest, and let's discuss it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I think this little prophesy about Ishmael has come to pass.

…11The angel of the LORD said to her further, "Behold, you are with child, And you will bear a son; And you shall call his name Ishmael, Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. 12"He will be a wilddonkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him; And he will live to the east of all his brothers." 13Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, "You are a God who sees"; for she said, "Have I even remained alive here after seeing Him?"…

New American Standard Bible

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Later tonight I plan to do some business research with my wife at a sushi restaurant. I hope the experience raises to the spiritual, and not just the mundane.

So Spiritual means something that is non-mundane and nothing more?

Seems to me that the intellectually honest person who denies any afterlife or that which he cannot observe as per the laws of science would deny anything spiritual. Redefining it fromwhat its historically meant doesn't seem the way to go.

Genuine point not trying to be a dick... or maybe I misunderstand your beginning point?

Either way. Seems intellectually inconsistent if not dishonest.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

…11The angel of the LORD said to her further, "Behold, you are with child, And you will bear a son; And you shall call his name Ishmael, Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. 12"He will be a wilddonkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him; And he will live to the east of all his brothers." 13Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, "You are a God who sees"; for she said, "Have I even remained alive here after seeing Him?"…

Really?

The best you can come up with is a fictional character knocking up his fictional wife, at the age of 86?

What contemporary non-canonical sources do you have supporting your assertion that these specific events actually happened in he time and manner described?

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Again,

AS,

The last time I discussed Bible prophecy with you concerned the prophecy against Tyre. You claimed it was not fulfilled. When I showed how it was indeed fulfilled you failed to admit that and then you came up with your own contorted view of what the scriptures said.

You simply would not admit you were wrong and then compounded your error with a clearly silly interpretation of the verses. Your pride will not allow you to see the truth.

If you get cornered, you will do the same thing. You will present YOUR OWN view of what the scriptures say and then judge all arguments to the contrary to be false. A recent clear example of this is when you declared Daniel to be written, let's see 160 to 200 or something AD. If you resort to weak arguments like this, you will never see any truth as your bias has blinded you. With a simple sweep of the hand, you declare all the prophecy in Daniel to be false. Kinda like debating a recalcitrant four year old who has no command of the subject being discussed.

Further, you seem to have no knowledge of your own and resort to a quick internet search of atheistic sites. I doubt you have any scholarly base of your own.

However, let's play.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Really?

The best you can come up with is a fictional character knocking up his fictional wife, at the age of 86?

What contemporary non-canonical sources do you have supporting your assertion that these specific events actually happened in he time and manner described?

LOL, I just saw your post above. Told you so.

Let's save ourselves some time and go back to the prophecy against Tyre. Why don't you tell us why that was not fulfilled and let us take a look at your logic.

As I said, like a four year old. Edit: No that's too harsh. A 14 year old is more like it.

A legend in his own mind.

Last edited by TF49; 04/20/17.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Later tonight I plan to do some business research with my wife at a sushi restaurant. I hope the experience raises to the spiritual, and not just the mundane.

Let me help with what is referred to as the : 'Two Chief World Systems'

The SPIRITUAL(sacred,consecrated) is that which is opposed to the PROFANE(or mundane,earthly, physical universe)

as such there is nothing dishonest or vague about the expression used by AS, well not to anyone with some reasonable background
understanding at least.

Ultimately every man judges for himself.

TF49 will back you Up on that...(and thats no matter how much lack of evidence there is and how flimsy it be, to base ones judgement on)
A christian can believe in complete nonsense illiterate peasant superstitions long proven as false by both science and theologians,
but that will still stand as that persons 'proof' of God...Essentially,christians have no accepted or agreed upon criteria as to what is minimally
required to prove God.. what they may judge to be 'proof', can just be based on what any feeble human mind can conjure up and hobble together.

03/14/17
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Starman

So who then should decide:
1./ how much evidence is enough?..and
2./ what the required criteria should be for determining the credibility of any submitted proof of God?

Starman,
.. To one issue about who decides, it is YOU that decides based on the belief that you have at the time.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Again,

AS,

The last time I discussed Bible prophecy with you concerned the prophecy against Tyre. You claimed it was not fulfilled. When I showed how it was indeed fulfilled you failed to admit that and then you came up with your own contorted view of what the scriptures said.

You simply would not admit you were wrong and then compounded your error with a clearly silly interpretation of the verses. Your pride will not allow you to see the truth.

If you get cornered, you will do the same thing. You will present YOUR OWN view of what the scriptures say and then judge all arguments to the contrary to be false. A recent clear example of this is when you declared Daniel to be written, let's see 160 to 200 or something AD. If you resort to weak arguments like this, you will never see any truth as your bias has blinded you. With a simple sweep of the hand, you declare all the prophecy in Daniel to be false. Kinda like debating a recalcitrant four year old who has no command of the subject being discussed.

Further, you seem to have no knowledge of your own and resort to a quick internet search of atheistic sites. I doubt you have any scholarly base of your own.

However, let's play.

In the prophecy you reference, explicitly states that Nebuchadnezzar would completely sack and destroy the city of Tyre and that Tyre's land would never be built upon again. However, this never occurred. After a 13-year siege, Tyre compromised with Nebuchadnezzar and accepted his authority without being destroyed. Despite being conquered and razed by Alexander the Great 240 years later, Tyre still exists.

This alleged prophecy is just factually wrong.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Again,

AS,

However, let's play.

In the prophecy you reference, explicitly states that Nebuchadnezzar would completely sack and destroy the city of Tyre and that Tyre's land would never be built upon again. However, this never occurred. After a 13-year siege, Tyre compromised with Nebuchadnezzar and accepted his authority without being destroyed. Despite being conquered and razed by Alexander the Great 240 years later, Tyre still exists.

AS,

You are totally incorrect and false in your statement.

This is what you say: "....explicitly states that Nebuchadnezzar would completely sack and destroy the city of Tyre ...."

You have either never read Ezekiel 26 or you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Perhaps both.

Note that the verses are very clear about what NEB would do and what God or "I" will do. AS has either never read the verse or is just simply parroting something from some website of dubious standing.

You are misinterpreting the text. There are TWO actors moving against Tyre. One is Nebuchadnezzar. The other is God. Neb took his action and then God took his. You are incorrect when you say that Neb was to be the actor to completely destroy Tyre. The verses do not say that. But you take it the way you want and erect a false straw man to knock down.

Tyre was destroyed and you will not admit it.

I will help you out here. Note that the text says God will bring "many nations" against Tyre. Neb was brought against the city and then later "I" brought Alexander to complete the destruction of Tyre.

The prophecy stands. AS fails.

Last edited by TF49; 04/20/17.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've never understood all the fuse about the Prophet named Jesus.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Interesting intrusion by Sigmund there, as a fuse's purpose is to sacrifice itself to save something else from going up in flames. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A S has commanded the ATTENTION of a half dozen members who are exactly his equal by any measure of importance.
Now, he can feel smug about "besting" them in an argument in which he has designated himself as the judge. I'm gonna go search out some crappie and leave the "search for truth" or, perhaps more apt, mental masturbation, to those with nothing better to do.
Very good characterization of that fellow's endeavor and methods. Trying to reason with a self-appointed judge is an exercise in human futility. Wish I could join you fishing today - higher allegiance calls.

CCCC, Ultimately every man judges for himself. You may attempt to disclaim your judgement by attributing them to an invisible friend, but that doesn't change that fact those judgments are ultimately your own.
Here, you fail. I do not at all disclaim judgment. I merely am able to acknowledge that I do not "know it all" in many matters (such as this) and, consequently, understand the falsity and futility of attempting to judge others from a weak standpoint. Try that lens, if you will.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Seems to me that the intellectually honest person who denies any afterlife or that which he cannot observe as per the laws of science would deny anything spiritual. Redefining it fromwhat its historically meant doesn't seem the way to go.

Genuine point not trying to be a dick... or maybe I misunderstand your beginning point?

As far as your last sentence...... get used to it if you are going to converse with A.S.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by efw

EFW,

What we call, or don't call, spiritual, or spirituality is all about the definition. Those are two of the most slippery words in the English language, which is why earlier I asked for a definition....

If your definition requires a supernatural element, then I see no evidence to support a belief in it. If not, then we have room for discussion.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Interesting intrusion by Sigmund there, as a fuse's purpose is to sacrifice itself to save something else from going up in flames. smile

Mom?

😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A S has commanded the ATTENTION of a half dozen members who are exactly his equal by any measure of importance.
Now, he can feel smug about "besting" them in an argument in which he has designated himself as the judge. I'm gonna go search out some crappie and leave the "search for truth" or, perhaps more apt, mental masturbation, to those with nothing better to do.
Very good characterization of that fellow's endeavor and methods. Trying to reason with a self-appointed judge is an exercise in human futility. Wish I could join you fishing today - higher allegiance calls.

CCCC, Ultimately every man judges for himself. You may attempt to disclaim your judgement by attributing them to an invisible friend, but that doesn't change that fact those judgments are ultimately your own.
Here, you fail. I do not at all disclaim judgment. I merely am able to acknowledge that I do not "know it all" in many matters (such as this) and, consequently, understand the falsity and futility of attempting to judge others from a weak standpoint. Try that lens, if you will.

I do not claim to know everything. I just attempt to align my belief with reality, and not with bronze age fairy tales.

I suspect the former standpoint is a stronger standpoint than the latter.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Spirituality, BY DEFINITION, is Supernatural.

And you know it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Again,

AS,

However, let's play.

AS,

You are totally incorrect and false in your statement.

This is what you say: "....explicitly states that Nebuchadnezzar would completely sack and destroy the city of Tyre ...."

You have either never read Ezekiel 26 or you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Perhaps both.

Note that the verses are very clear about what NEB would do and what God or "I" will do. AS has either never read the verse or is just simply parroting something from some website of dubious standing.

You are misinterpreting the text. There are TWO actors moving against Tyre. One is Nebuchadnezzar. The other is God. Neb took his action and then God took his. You are incorrect when you say that Neb was to be the actor to completely destroy Tyre. The verses do not say that. But you take it the way you want and erect a false straw man to knock down.

Tyre was destroyed and you will not admit it.

I will help you out here. Note that the text says God will bring "many nations" against Tyre. Neb was brought against the city and then later "I" brought Alexander to complete the destruction of Tyre.

The prophecy stands. AS fails.

TF, that's pretty weak. You would thing the all knowing creator of the Universe could at least give a clear prophecy. In order to be a true prophecy it must be clear, unambiguous, and only fulfillable at a single occurrence.

If I was to predict the U.S would fall, sometime in the future, and at the hand of some other nation, and a thousand years from now the U.S fell to a foreign power, is that really a prophecy? Of course not.

The only attacker Ezekial mentions by name is Nebuchadnezzar. No where in the prophecy does it mention Alexander. Now if it did mention a Macedonia named Alexander 400 years before he was born as the destroyer of Tyre, then you might have something you could claim as prophecy, but for some reason the name Alexander escaped the prophet of the all knowing creator of the Universe.

If this was a real prophecy resulting from foresight, you wouldn't be hanging your argument on weasel words, but the plain meaning of the works on the paper.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And if Alexander had been mentioned you would take that as proof for a later dating of the book.

You know you would.

Page 15 of 37 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.