Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49

What about God’s “justice.” Will He not judge sin and will there not be a finalaccounting? ....
.... God made a way, Jesus’ death and God’s grace so we could escape the judgment.

1- God will not judge, Jesus is appointed by God the Father to conduct final judgement.

2- Escape?...There is no escape from judgement.

3- God offers his grace because man, even a truly remorseful and sincerely repentant man,
is still deemed unworthy of God...yet worthy of his Grace.

4- The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, one does not attain eternal life by attempting
to avoid or skirt around the final judgment process that God has ordained Jesus to conduct.

JOHN 5:22 AKJV

" For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son":

JOHN 5:27 AKJV

" and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man."

JOHN 9:39 AKJV

"And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind."

ROMANS 2:16 AKJV

" in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

2 Corinthians 5:10 AKJV

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body,
according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

MATTHEW 25: AKJV

"31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You inserted yourself into an Easter thread about the Risen Lord!

You mean back when we were discussing the fact about how we determined the date, and who first came up with that method?

You mean back with I specifically suggested an Easter Truce and was commenting on Lamb and wine?

You seem to forget Easter is now a National Holiday in the United States, AND YOU DON'T OWN IT. We have a secular constitution and non-Christians can choose to celebrate it how they choose, even if that includes posting in a Eastern themed thread on a secular forum.

Before you go throwing stones, perhaps you should go back and look to see who started throwing them first. I'll give you a clue. It wasn't me.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
And if you picked the wrong god:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I thought you guys had the secret squirrel handshake, double knot, masonic, knights of columbus hahira chapter forum for these religious discussions. crazy

They are always entertaining nonetheless, on what a man believes yet doesn't know to be absolute fact.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman

Starman seems to quote many verses, I would assume that he is a "born again" Christian...

Reading or quoting scripture doesn't necessarily make anyone any form of christian .
I read, quote & reference scripture to highlight the fact that some of the claims made
by self-professed christians often do not correlate with actual christian scripture.

Christians often have no basic clue of what the core fundamental principles and requirements
of being a christian entail.

BS. If they dont, they arent christians.

The Lord said, if you dont want to go to Heaven, you wont.
Anything worth having is wotth asking for. If that hurts your pride, well, it goeth before a fall.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
But, the fact remains, if God is real and if He cares about you and wants a relationship with you, that's a BIG DEAL.

And if he is not real?

Yeah. Better not chance pissing off some money at church.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
TF49
Why is it you want to avoid the final judgment, when the final judgment in store for every single individual
is the divine will and plan of God? ..How would it please God if you were to skip the process?

True believers have already faced the judgement and been sanctified.
All will face the judgement in their time. Christians already have.

Still, even the saints will give Him an accounting.

For some that the penalty for sin has been paid in full. Our Lord reassures us by His own word: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” (John 5:24). To this the Apostle Paul adds: “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/22/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
As a believer, I offer this assessment. It comes down to faith on either side. I cannot look at creation, and think that it occurred by accident. The human eye ball has 10,000 specific cells in it. Hard to see that just happening. Our best scientists,have yet to create a single cell, from nonliving substances. To believe that the massively complex creation, of this earth just happened, takes more faith,than believing in God, and his Son, Jesus.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by atse
As a believer, I offer this assessment. It comes down to faith on either side. I cannot look at creation, and think that it occurred by accident. The human eye ball has 10,000 specific cells in it. Hard to see that just happening. Our best scientists,have yet to create a single cell, from nonliving substances. To believe that the massively complex creation, of this earth just happened, takes more faith,than believing in God, and his Son, Jesus.

This^^^, but there are 200,000 cones in the macula, the central focusing part of the retina.

There are about 6,500,000 rods and cones (photosensitive cells) in the retina alone.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You inserted yourself into an Easter thread about the Risen Lord!

You mean back when we were discussing the fact about how we determined the date, and who first came up with that method?

You mean back with I specifically suggested an Easter Truce and was commenting on Lamb and wine?

You seem to forget Easter is now a National Holiday in the United States, AND YOU DON'T OWN IT. We have a secular constitution and non-Christians can choose to celebrate it how they choose, even if that includes posting in a Eastern themed thread on a secular forum.

Before you go throwing stones, perhaps you should go back and look to see who started throwing them first. I'll give you a clue. It wasn't me.

A national holiday like Christmas. I asked a young lady if she had any idea where Easter came from. She said, "All I know is it is another big eating day." blush Our educational system is truly flawed.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I cannot look at creation, and think that it occurred by accident.

Are you saying accident as a singular event?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by carbon12

randomness. Poor choice of wording on my part.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

So your corrected sentence should read as follows?
I cannot look at creation, and think that it occurred by randomness.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
I thought you guys had the secret squirrel handshake, double knot, masonic, knights of columbus hahira chapter forum for these religious discussions. crazy

They are always entertaining nonetheless, on what a man believes yet doesn't know to be absolute fact.

Gunner.

The only think you know for absolute fact is that right now, you are thinking, and there for you exist. Everything beyond that is predicated upon sensory input. Due to many years of demonstrated repeated reliability we've come to trust our senses, and rely upon them to create a usable model of our world.

So of course we don't KNOW any of this for certain. We are each expressing our views within confidence levels, whether we like to admit it or not.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Starman seems to quote many verses, I would assume that he is a "born again" Christian...

Reading or quoting scripture doesn't necessarily make anyone any form of christian .
I read, quote & reference scripture to highlight the fact that some of the claims made
by self-professed christians often do not correlate with actual christian scripture.

Christians often have no basic clue of what the core fundamental principles and requirements

Anything worth having is wotth asking for. If that hurts your pride, well, it goeth before a fall.

So now you are Judging who is and is not a Christian?
So what percentage of people who claim Christianity meet your standard and are actually True Christians?

BTW, this falls under the umbrella of True Scotsman Fallacy.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Yes, that would be accurate.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

ATSE,

This is known as an argument from personal incredulity. Just because you can't imagine a solution for something, doesn't mean scientist cannot design a cohesive theory supported by multiple lines of evidence.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Are you using 'randomness' to imply an improbable means for creating an eye?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So now you are Judging who is and is not a Christian?
So what percentage of people who claim Christianity meet your standard and are actually True Christians?

BTW, this falls under the umbrella of True Scotsman Fallacy.

Made a statement of fact. If i said chriatians had already have been judged, which they have, you would have obfuscated and objected by saying a lot of people who claim to be christians who really arent.

He judges who are christian and who arent.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/23/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[quote=atse]I cannot look at creation, and think that it occurred by accident.

Are you using 'randomness' to imply an improbable means for creating an eye?[/quote] for any living organism, from 1 cell on up.heading out for a while. Will check back later.

Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,185
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.