Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This bastid has been chewing on our front door and I finally got a chance at it this morning! Was chewing this AM on a shingle. Ran to one of the oak trees in my yard and I backed off 75 yards and just waited. One hour later.....saw the head come out from behind a limb and that was....all she wrote! Head is now hollow!

[Linked Image]The Front Door Chewer! by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
When that happened to me it was mama trying to get at a kit that was between shakes and bricks. Look for a nest, sir.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice shootin'.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deserved and effective treatment for every offending rodent or woodpecker.

1Minute
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's "holdin and squeezin"

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good job!

I went to war with squirrels in the attic. Most effect method proved to be wait for a rain shower. As soon as the rain passes, squirels leave attic to frolic outside and forage for food. Sniper city after that.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My MIL built a house with wood siding. The squirrels eat at the siding and the eaves.

She didn't want us to kill the squirrels in her yard for many years. Then she finally noticed the wood and asked me what caused it. I told her and she proceeded to tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about, so I just shrugged it off.

About 3 yrs ago, she finally saw the squirrels gnawing on the house and now she wants them all killed.

Same thing with an armadillo in the yard. I was going to shoot it, but NOOOO, it aint hurting anything. Later that year when the yard and flower beds were all rooted up, she wanted it killed.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by beefan

This little 17 HMR Cal Savage is amazingly accurate!

I shoot off my left shoulder and I've got a pad that fits betwixt the outside mirror and door that works perfect. Damn nigh like shooting off a vise!

[Linked Image]Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

Last edited by Sharpsman; 04/24/17.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shoot the little pests all the time. Because I live in the suburbs I can't use a .22 so I use my BSA .177 pellet rifle. It's surprisingly effective out to about 30 yds or so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you want to come get a flicker that is drilling my house?
if i go out with a shotgun he flies in front of my solar panels.
if i go out with a rifle he heads for Montana.SOB pulled a piece of lap siding off, pulled a coffee can full of insulation out and was heading through the drywall.
fixed all that but still haven't nailed him.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by beefan

This little 17 HMR Cal Savage is amazingly accurate!

I shoot off my left shoulder and I've got a pad that fits betwixt the outside mirror and door that works perfect. Damn nigh like shooting off a vise!

[Linked Image]Untitled by Sharps Man, on Flickr

That's almost cheating!!! grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deerstalker
if i go out with a rifle he heads for Montana.SOB pulled a piece of lap siding off, pulled a coffee can full of insulation out and was heading through the drywall.

Always nail the mother flicker at first opportunity and you won't have to deal with the sons-of-mother-flickers. laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not until something is an "irritation" in their world do many people resort to the only viable solution.

Same with my wife..... "Noooooo, don't kill that cute raccoon - they don't hurt anything!". Yeah, uh huh.

Until they ate a hole in her chicken feed cans and she subsequently learned they kill chickens....

THEN it was, "Would you PLEASE kill those raccoons - they ate my chicken feed and they're gonna kill my hens?!?".

That was a nice payoff! Couple 12ga shells later, problem solved and a nice evening w/ the Mrs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Conibears and peanuts.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
you want to come get a flicker that is drilling my house?if i go out with a shotgun he flies in front of my solar panels.
Always nail the mother flicker at first opportunity and you won't have to deal with the sons-of-mother-flickers. laugh

Well played!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by agazain
When that happened to me it was mama trying to get at a kit that was between shakes and bricks. Look for a nest, sir.

The nest is 40' up in an oak tree! That sumbeech just liked to roam and chew!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sharps,

Good shooting.

You never struck me as a Savage guy. But their rimfires certainly do shoot.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That took care of that furry little S.O.B..... Some of my home pest controls consist of; CHIPMUNKS : (wife thinks they're cute so they get relocated), a Havahart trap baited with a cracker with peanut butter on it; then they go for a ride to an area I call the "relocation camp". Got woods on one side and across the road so I can't release 'em there or they'll come right back. SQUIRRELS: usually a .22 cal. Benjamin Trail air rifle. Works O.K out to at least 30 yds. in my experience. Have also used 22 LR and 22 shorts with good results. Raccoons, Possum, etc. usually don't bother me or anything around here. 10 years ago this coming September we had a young black bear in the woods right next to the house. Put a Marlin .30-30 on standby duty just in case but it never bothered anyone and the environmental conservation boys baited him into an oversized trap (looked like a giant Havahart trap on a 2 wheel trailer) and took him on a relocation ride.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

never checked the gender on them but sounds good to me.
they are beautiful birds but just can't seem to leave stuff alone. now i have the OP's problem, squirrel in the canning shed!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Found a rat in the garbage can here a few weeks ago. First one I've ever seen. Gross. Unfortunately he got away.

I killed all the gray diggers on the property a few years ago but when they started to redistribute and ended up back here I thought, Ah, I'll let em go to seed so I can shoot em some more. Bad idea. Kill all the rodents the first chance you get before they end up chewing up the wiring on something or burrowing under a slab. Kill them all!

Nice shot on that one^^^

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.