Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Load of chitt w/o context. Blubbering bitch seems to have forgotten a few things:

1. Boarding a commercial passenger flight is a privilege, not a right.
2. There are regulations attached to that privilege
3. None of the above is negotiable

I wouldn't define it as a privilege.

It a business transaction. Its no more of a privilege than shopping for navy beans at Wal-Mart.

She was a woman with two babies in a stressful situation.
A little compassion seemed warranted, something the airlines seem to be short on lately.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by adam32
Private industry...flying isn't a right.

If I owned an airline I'd shut down for 2 weeks then maybe people will appreciate what a privilege a private company is offering them.

When airline transportation first started it was a "special" occasion to ride on an airplane, people actually dressed nice and were courteous to others.

Now people think it's a form of Public Transportation where any Tom, Dick and Harry can do whatever they want.

I've flown a little, even have a fancy pilots license and dealing with the public like the airlines do would suck. No one will ever be happy in today's entitlement society.

And the airlines put Tom, Dick and Harry in a "basic economy" where you now have to pay for the right to use an overhead bin, to check luggage, to get a pillow or blanket, headphones or a drink.

screw airlines, you treat people like cattle, expect them to act like it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's not now or has it ever been about getting on an airplane. It's about GETTING OFF OF AN AIRPLANE. Do the words EMERGENCY EGRESS mean anything to anyone anymore? The whole idea about keeping the aisles clear is for everyone to get off in case of an EMERGENCY.

The airlines have done a horrible job about information the public about the safety considerations of flying and getting out of a crashed airplane, ALIVE.

The steward didn't use much tact in addressing this issue but the airlines needs to put this out to the flying public light years ahead of selling ONE ticket.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sheesh, you guys are pretty hard on a poor lady.... in spite of the fact that that video appears to be only a snapshot of the overall deal. Seriously, if you've ever seen some dude try to bring on a PVC tube full of mega-buuko fly rods, and have his fingers pried/peeled off, you know that this lady's 'upset' was small potatoes. grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm thankful that I never have to be around large groups of people. Especially in close quarters.

God damn that would be annoying.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
L
Originally Posted by rost495
How was he wrong if she was on board with what is not permitted? Stupid? Maybe. Wrong? DOn't see that.

Who permitted her to get on board with what she got on board with?

Every time i board a plane they got the folks working for the airline i am flying check my boarding pass and size of carry on and then they wave me on?

If she got crap that aint allowed on, why de hail did they wave her on?

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/24/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
NL
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Load of chitt w/o context. Blubbering bitch seems to have forgotten a few things:

1. Boarding a commercial passenger flight is a privilege, not a right.
2. There are regulations attached to that privilege
3. None of the above is negotiable

I wouldn't define it as a privilege.

It a business transaction. Its no more of a privilege than shopping for navy beans at Wal-Mart.

She was a woman with two babies in a stressful situation.
A little compassion seemed warranted, something the airlines seem to be short on lately.

Yer two dayom smert fer this dern crew. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm thankful that I never have to be around large groups of people. Especially in close quarters.

God damn that would be annoying.

Yeah, definitely worse than wading in cow schitt. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have well over a million miles with United and half that with good old Continental and another million with American, Alaskan, Emirates, Quatar Air, BA, Quantas and Virgin with a number of random flights with others over a thirty year period and have never had an issue short of a personal family flight from our place north (Spokane airport) back home to the San Antonio airport with American. The incoming flight to Dallas was going to be fifteen minutes late, I queried the flight attendant and "all was good". They sold our seats, closed the doors and sent us to a hotel. I exploded to the point of having a TSA confrontation. I, frankly, was stunned with my years of flying in all sorts of goofy places that a Dallas to San Antonio flight would be my sole problem flight. Bottom line, my experiences have been pretty positive.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone here who has made their way out of a crashed aircraft raise their hand.

Or stroller.

There is no opportunity to get it right the second try.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I drive with the drunks on Friday night to go fishinb to dodge the stroller caused crashes.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What is she bawling for? Acting like someone hit her kid with a car. And that flight crew needs to take control of the passengers. The lack of authority and direction was ridiculous

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
NL
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
What is she bawling for? Acting like someone hit her kid with a car. And that flight crew needs to take control of the passengers. The lack of authority and direction was ridiculous

Yeah, thats what people were recording and pissed about. smirk

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
And, a testosterone charged passenger threatened to knock the flight attendant flat.

Boy, is he a knight in shining armor. What a hero.
He also committed a federal felony, assault of a flight attendant, and he should be charged.
Not the first guy who made a fool of himself, being manipulated by a female.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
Private industry...flying isn't a right.

If I owned an airline I'd shut down for 2 weeks then maybe people will appreciate what a privilege a private company is offering them.

When airline transportation first started it was a "special" occasion to ride on an airplane, people actually dressed nice and were courteous to others.

Now people think it's a form of Public Transportation where any Tom, Dick and Harry can do whatever they want.

I've flown a little, even have a fancy pilots license and dealing with the public like the airlines do would suck. No one will ever be happy in today's entitlement society.

And the airlines put Tom, Dick and Harry in a "basic economy" where you now have to pay for the right to use an overhead bin, to check luggage, to get a pillow or blanket, headphones or a drink.

screw airlines, you treat people like cattle, expect them to act like it.

Basic economy is still better than first class Grayhound...

No one is forcing anyone to fly airlines...people can drive, take a bus, hitchike, take a train, RV, bicycle, boat....lots of options for people that aren't competent enough to follow simple rules.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Several people in this thread still haven't gotten the message about strollers. They ARE allowed past the door at the top of the jetbridge, all the way down to the door of the airplane.

That is where the strollers are left, for the baggage handlers to get them and load them into the belly compartment.

At the destination the strollers are brought back up the stairs by a baggage handler so that the parents can retrieve them, right there by the door of the airplane. They can then load their infant into the stroller and push the loaded stroller up the jetbridge and into the terminal.

During heavy family holiday travel periods it is not unusual to have a dozen or more strollers handled this way on a single flight.

If the passenger tries to bring a stroller onto the plane, the first flight attendant nearest the entry door has to stop them and tell them to leave the stroller outside the door. Or, in an effort to help a mom with her hands full, the flight attendant might say, "I will take the stroller for you, and have it taken downstairs. It will be brought back up to the door at our destination."

As this is happening, the entry is blocked, and the boarding process is getting delayed. Now, if the person doesn't speak English, or for some reason refuses to give up the stroller, the boarding process comes to a halt until the situation is resolved.

Remember, the agents and the flight attendants are under tremendous pressure to get the door closed on time. Regulations do not allow the door to be closed until all passengers are seated and all luggage stowed with all bins closed. A computer on the plane sends a time signal when the door is closed that confirms to the FAA and the world that the door was closed on-time, or not, and by how many minutes. If the door didn't close on time, the delay has to be accounted for, and employees are held responsible. This is quite stressful for the employees, as you can well imagine.

Things like strollers, wheelchairs, and walkers are handled like this every day. They are allowed all the way to the door of the aircraft, but they aren't permitted in the passenger cabin.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Basic economy is still better than first class Grayhound...

No one is forcing anyone to fly airlines...people can drive, take a bus, hitchike, take a train, RV, bicycle, boat....lots of options for people that aren't competent enough to follow simple rules.

You're really struggling with this.

What rules weren't followed? Please cite them specifically.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Strollers aren't allowed in the passenger cabin."

That seems simple enough.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Except when they are allowed...

Many strollers are small enough to fit the bins (specifically and exactly) and many airlines do not object to them... she had apparently just flown many legs with her stroller in the cabin...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/special-assistance/traveling-children.jsp
AA-Strollers

'' Each ticketed customer is allowed 1 stroller. Only small, collapsible and light strollers (up to 20lbs/9kgs) can be checked at the gate.
Any stroller that weighs over 20lbs/9 kgs, is too large or is non−collapsible must be checked at the ticket counter.

Customers are allowed 1 stroller and 1 car seat per ticketed passenger. Both items may be checked at the ticket counter or one item
can be checked at the gate and one at the counter. These items are checked at no charge, when traveling with a child or to adopt.''

Originally Posted by rost495
cell phone video may well be teh worst thing thats ever happened in this country....

they have caught out a number of lying POS cops, so cant be all that bad.
better still maybe EVERYONE should wear a bodycam these days...

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,408
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.