Hop To
Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by PAMac
I also hated the large ammount of nose hair I was blessed with.... the stuff is harder to get rid of than wood vine..... so after many attempts at eradication.... my BBQ gave me an idea.... singe them off..... remembering the old Bic lighter palm trick.... or gas in the pocket then flick the lighter method... I remembered it was a fairly quick light painless burn....

So I preceded to seal off my nasal passage in the top of my mouth with my tounge... like when holding your breath under water..... then put the lighter up to my nostril and preceded to fill it up with butane..... after a short while it was time to flick the bic.....

Well.....

It felt like a mule kicked me in the back of the eyeballs.... approx. 10 inch blue flames come shooting out of my nostrils... then I lost my vision for a minute or so.... had the worse case of icecream headache I've ever had..... there were slight equilibrium issues for the next half hour as well....

I've come to terms and made peace with my nose hair since.... guess it was just me trying to halt adulthood when it was undoubtedly coming whether I liked it or not.....

LMAO

Welcome back posting on the 24 hour campfire PAMac

Please don't tell us about butt hair removal!! sick

Last edited by tzone; 04/28/17.

Camp is where you make it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Better to let that dead "horse" lay....;)

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HonestJohn
I had to get a new ID for this one, as I don't want to tarnish my reputation. Haha. About 35 years ago I was very much into horses. I rode all the time, trail, shows, and even a few rodeos. I wasn't especially a talented horseman, but I had the best little horse in my part of the country, and she took care of me. One night a buddy and myself had been to a team roping in Paris, TN. Some of the other guys there suggested that we stop in at Hank's Place on our way back home. Hank's Place was a nightspot in Paris opened up by Hank Williams Jr., who was a nearby resident. We had just pulled our truck and horse trailer into the parking lot and got out, when 2 girls got came running towards us. One of them, a very hot little blonde, said "hot damn, I see the closet thing I've seen of a cowboy since I left Oklahoma". I didn't really consider myself to be a cowboy, but I guess I was dressed the part, in boots and jeans. We introduced ourselves, and turns out she was a 19 year old aspiring country singer, who was doing a gig there at Hank's, as well as also In Nashville, when she could find one. We went in, had a few drinks and dances, and she and I really hit it off. She said let's go out and ride your horse, but when we got outside in my truck, we did another kind of riding, if you catch my drift. Very good "riding" too, as she was a very enthusiastic rider. Well, I went to see her in Paris again a few weeks later, and afterwards found it hard to want to leave. Some time after that, I took my horses and met her at the nearby Land Between the Lakes and spent the day riding. Yes, actually horseback riding this time, plus a couple of other sessions of that other kind of "riding" that she was so good at. Now, she was starting to get to me, and I was so tore up about it that I couldn't eat or sleep. You see, I was married and 12 years older than she was, and I was beginning to feel very bad about what I was doing. She was pretty much a free spirit, getting by mostly on what her folks back home were sending her, as her singing gigs didn't pay much. I realized that all we really had in common was the sex we were having, and that to take things any further would be a huge mistake on my part, and probably cost me everything I was working to accomplish. So, I just walked away, and never contacted or saw her again, got my life back together, and am still married to the same woman. But, about 3 or 4 years afterwards, I'm watching TV one night and they're talking about the Country Music Association awards, and interviewing the different stars. Then I saw "her", one of the nominees for newest star, or something of the sort. She had changed her last name, but still looked very pretty, and turns out I'd been hearing her hit song on the radio and just didn't know who it was. Okay, to wind this up, she had a very nice career as a country singer, had several hit songs, and for several years was in the country music news quite a bit. I thought once or twice about trying to contact her, but thought it was better to let a sleeping dog lie. Anyway, I'm sure she didn't want to see me after the way I dumped her, and besides, she was married by that time. True story.

That you, Deflave????

H
H
Originally Posted by kid0917
I had to get a new ID for this one, as I don't want to tarnish my reputation. Haha. About 35 years ago I was very much into horses. I rode all the time, trail, shows, and even a few rodeos. I wasn't especially a talented horseman, but I had the best little horse in my part of the country, and she took care of me. One night a buddy and myself had been to a team roping in Paris, TN. Some of the other guys there suggested that we stop in at Hank's Place on our way back home. Hank's Place was a nightspot in Paris opened up by Hank Williams Jr., who was a nearby resident. We had just pulled our truck and horse trailer into the parking lot and got out, when 2 girls got came running towards us. One of them, a very hot little blonde, said "hot damn, I see the closet thing I've seen of a cowboy since I left Oklahoma". I didn't really consider myself to be a cowboy, but I guess I was dressed the part, in boots and jeans. We introduced ourselves, and turns out she was a 19 year old aspiring country singer, who was doing a gig there at Hank's, as well as also In Nashville, when she could find one. We went in, had a few drinks and dances, and she and I really hit it off. She said let's go out and ride your horse, but when we got outside in my truck, we did another kind of riding, if you catch my drift. Very good "riding" too, as she was a very enthusiastic rider. Well, I went to see her in Paris again a few weeks later, and afterwards found it hard to want to leave. Some time after that, I took my horses and met her at the nearby Land Between the Lakes and spent the day riding. Yes, actually horseback riding this time, plus a couple of other sessions of that other kind of "riding" that she was so good at. Now, she was starting to get to me, and I was so tore up about it that I couldn't eat or sleep. You see, I was married and 12 years older than she was, and I was beginning to feel very bad about what I was doing. She was pretty much a free spirit, getting by mostly on what her folks back home were sending her, as her singing gigs didn't pay much. I realized that all we really had in common was the sex we were having, and that to take things any further would be a huge mistake on my part, and probably cost me everything I was working to accomplish. So, I just walked away, and never contacted or saw her again, got my life back together, and am still married to the same woman. But, about 3 or 4 years afterwards, I'm watching TV one night and they're talking about the Country Music Association awards, and interviewing the different stars. Then I saw "her", one of the nominees for newest star, or something of the sort. She had changed her last name, but still looked very pretty, and turns out I'd been hearing her hit song on the radio and just didn't know who it was. Okay, to wind this up, she had a very nice career as a country singer, had several hit songs, and for several years was in the country music news quite a bit. I thought once or twice about trying to contact her, but thought it was better to let a sleeping dog lie. Anyway, I'm sure she didn't want to see me after the way I dumped her, and besides, she was married by that time. True story.

That you, Deflave????

Haha, that's an insult. That peterhead wouldn't know one end of a horse from the other.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Going down Cuesta grade, I exceeded the national maximum speed limit back around '83 or so.

On a bicycle.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Made a totally unassisted triple play. (though the hit and run on did help)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Helluva thing there. You obviously made the better decision, but for some folks memories like that can still be painful.

The details quite different, but i got myself into a similar predicament with an absolutely stunning 21-year-old Bolivian lass. She was an only daughter who lived with her Bolivian Mom and simply could not relocate to where my home base was and i couldn't relocate to where she was.

This was nigh on 24 years ago, but i wonder about her all occasionally all the same.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NDsnowman

Caught two bass on the same lure on the same cast, one on the front treble and one on the back

Done that. Thought I had a muskrat on.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kid0917

That you, Deflave????

YGBSM. What are you drinking? Yer gitten yer horses and sheep mixed up in yer thinkin. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/29/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Originally Posted by NDsnowman

Caught two bass on the same lure on the same cast, one on the front treble and one on the back

Done that. Thought I had a muskrat on.

Done that as well. My son once had a bass break off and make off with a purple spinner bait. A few days later, I was back and noticed some sort of flash going back and forth in the water along the bank. Cast to it and caught the culprit and retrieved the spinner bait. Brought it home and hung it from curtain rod in son's room.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cas6969
Made a totally unassisted triple play. (though the hit and run on did help)

Let me guess....bases loaded, you were playing 3rd. hot liner to you, 1. stepped on bag, runner who was moving from 3rd to home is out, 2. then?? runner from second to you, you ran him down? for 3.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Landed a back flip on a wakeboard. I was 53 at the time.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In 1988, The US Olympic Committee rated me the #1 amateur bowler in California. Unfortunately, my boss wouldn't give me the time off work to go to the finals in Salt Lake City.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Had a grand mal seizure during a PA flight out of NAS Milton, 8000 ft, 180 knots, in the middle of a split-S maneuver over Foley, AL, in a T34C. Remember very little of that day. Had an IP behind me since I had not done the maneuver, although I had solo'd. . God bless Navy Lt. Jargowski, or I would have been a smoking hole in Foley. Eventually, after 6 months or so, designated a "single seizure."

Col "Bull" Bland, at my review board, said he'd get me whatever MOS I wanted. Picked Signals Intel, and damn if he didn't make it happen. Amazing what full bird Marine Colonel can accomplish.

Obviously, nothing special on my part. Blessed to be here, and blessed to have been given the opportunities.

If I remember correctly, as an instructor pilot, I flew with an Ensign Jargowski that came through NAS Meridian and probably got his wings around the '78-'79 time frame. Same guy?

Wow, it had to be, this was in 1983.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I built block buildings for mad scientist labs in an abandoned gold mine 4950' underground -- one of those scientists won a Nobel prize for catching neutrinos.

here Him

Last edited by Jacques_La_Rami; 04/29/17.

[Linked Image]
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mach 2?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Not many here who've been Smokejumpers in the Ford Tri-motor and DC-3 (piston) days. I have.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

People who cheat on their spouses are among the lowest form of dogmeat in the world, in my opinion.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Did it weigh more or less the second time?

It weighed more when I caught it...

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

People who cheat on their spouses are among the lowest form of dogmeat in the world, in my opinion.

P

While I'm not condoning cheating on your spouse, the OP says he realized his mistake and corrected it. It is not up to man to pass judgement. That's up the Almighty.

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 4 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.