Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jericho
Only thing worse is if he would have dropped it on the floor.

That would have been grounds for a major AZZ WHOOPING. The guy was clearly in the wrong. Hell, I won't touch any rifle without first asking permission. Gunshop or gunshow, doesn't matter...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[quote=280shooter]"Excuse me, but that is my rifle."

He likely would have apologized. [/quote

This,

As to all those doing their best Mr T responses. I guess that means non of you have ever had a brain fart moment. Congratulations on that. Actually I'll share an experience from the other side of that exchange. I went to the driving range at the local golf course and there was a set of nice irons laying scattered all over in the grass. There was no one around so figuring some kid had his Dads golf clubs out I gathered them up took them to the pro shop and turned them in at the counter. I returned to the range and in about 20-30 minutes here came a guy looking around on the ground . I spoke up and said if you re looking for golf clubs I took them to the pro shop. He made a rude remark about leaving other people's property alone and stomped off. About all he accomplished is at the end of the day there were two people thinking the world is full of jerks.

Last edited by bangeye; 05/01/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell yes, pick it up and go "Rifleman" on it.!

laugh

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. If it's not mine, I don't touch it. End of story.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SEM
Thank you for giving THOSE Californians a place to live cant stand them here either, I think a closed box of rattle snake eggs that says caution do not open may be a funny treat for them, well maybe me

Oh, they don't live here, they are just visiting relatives...still with CA plates on their vehicle.

But my point being, we have plenty of moronic locals that do the same thing.

We have ONE range manager, that drives around in his range truck, time to time. that's about it

Military folks you don't have to teach range safety and etiquette....nor kids of military personnel. ( usually)...

But the local abundance of Beavis and Buttheads, scare ya...

We also have an abundance of two other types., that drive me nuts.

1. Beavis and Butthead with an AK.
They will usually come out with a couple of 100 round mags. Walk right out and get a target stand without waiting to turn on range safety lights, much less asking anyone or informing them.
Then they will frequently pick a new target stand. Once set up, will run their AK on semi auto, emptying the mag as fast as they can, with their cheap Chinese ammo, and waste a brand new target stand at 25 yards, turning it into toothpicks... and then take their gun and leave, with no thought to picking up the 200 steel cases they leave laying all over the place...

2. Morons with Muzzle Breaks on their ARs

These guys will set up to your left, right next to you. Then when they shoot ( if they followed common courtesy protocol on setting up their targets), they will go to semi auto and emptying their mag as fast as possible. Regardless of hearing protection you have on, those firearms right next to you get pretty loud... which you enjoy as their hot brass is raining all over your back, neck etc.

Frequently the AK guys will do the same thing.

Then they empty their mags and they are cluelessly wondering why you are standing up, all pissed off and want to beat the crap out of their asses.. with that "what's your problem" look on their faces.

Two reasons I try to go to the range, when there aren't many people there...

And then there are the clowns that think the range provides range service like a Motel... they never pick up the trash etc, they leave all over the place... brass, shot targets, or will pull them off a target stand and just drop them on the ground for someone else to pick up...Friggin Trailer Trash Morons.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was raised "look, but don't touch" ,unless you ask. "May I?" Is too simple to just ignore doing.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 340boy

Do you apply that to cars at a dealership or clothes on a shop rack , or just guns?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by 340boy

https://mail.yahoo.com/?.src=ym
Do you apply that to cars at a dealership or clothes on a shop rack , or just guns?

Go jump in a new F-150 and take it for a test drive and let us know how that works out for you....

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm still stumped people can't mount their own scopes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Go jump in a new F-150 and take it for a test drive and let us know how that works out for you....

Typical drama queen response, you make it sound like the guy walked away with it and fired a round.
more like he only adjusted the drivers seat and lifted the hood.. wink...what would the dealer do in that case?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tom264

Same type of people that leave their valued property unattended on a shop counter.

I was getting a scope mounted at my local gun shop tonight.
I was in a crappy mood. It has been a bad day....

and being careless with your property only invited opportunity to make your bad day even worse.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Sounds like the guy just lacked common sense. Not a capitol crime but annoying for sure. Most gunstores I have visited have the guns behind glass or behind the counter and the guns on the racks in the isles. Pretty standard that if you want to pick up a gun off the rack (not behind counter) it is fine.

But common sense would dictate there is a difference between those guns and the ONE sitting on the counter in a case. That one is either a customer gun, or one in the process of being bought...either way out of play.

Those stories from the range are ECHELONS above this. I'd have a major freakout session if getting back from marking a target some delta bravo was pawing my schidt. But that is part of what I pay for with my range membership...cut's 90% of that crap right out.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Typical drama queen response, you make it sound like the guy walked away with it and fired a round.
more like he only adjusted the drivers seat and lifted the hood.. wink...what would the dealer do in that case?

You tell me.

You're the one too stupid to know what to touch or handle, and what not to.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grow a brain, Touching someones gun is not like the felony act of stealing a car off the lot.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Same type of people that leave their valued property unattended on a shop counter.

I was getting a scope mounted at my local gun shop tonight.
I was in a crappy mood. It has been a bad day....

and being careless with your property only invited opportunity to make your bad day even worse.

Managed to fit quite a bit of stupid in a relatively few number of words right there. Maybe next time the OP will paracord his rifle to his belt loop to prevent misunderstandings and be less 'careless' about his property. GMAFB.

The dealership example is also a non-starter...unless you want to talk about some jackass visiting a dealership and inspecting other customers vehicles that happened to be parked in the lot. Pretty much two kinds of vehicles there, the ones all cleaned up with stickers on the windows and the guys that are parked there shopping for those. Of those that are FOR SALE, much like the guns that are FOR SALE at a gunstore there is a certain amount of touch allowed...and some that requires more permission. We all know this. But none of that has to do with the car/gun that belongs to a customer just visiting.

For fughs sake next thing someone will tell me if I bring my car to the dealership for an oil change (about as likely as having a scope mounted at a gunstore) that a curious customer might rightfully take it for a spin and it would be MY fault for being a careless for not guarding my vehicle better. Jeesh.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Maybe next time the OP will paracord his rifle to his belt loop to prevent misunderstandings and be less 'careless' about his property.

Benny = drama queen #2

Stay with your gun like you would stay with your wallet or your kids...it aint rocket science.

Pretty much two kinds of vehicles there, the ones all cleaned up with stickers on the windows and the guys
that are parked there shopping for those.

Ive been to stores where a number of guns for sale had no tags...and to dealerships where some cars that were actually for sale,
had nothing visually indicating such.

next thing someone will tell me if I bring my car to the dealership for an oil change (about as likely as having a scope mounted at a gunstore)
that a curious customer might rightfully take it for a spin

enough with the childish BS, now you are absurdly accusing the guy of felony theft of the gun!

snowflake drama queens here are creating false circumstances to justify their infantile rage.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's pretty easy to spot the kids who went home and told their mothers that they had an in-school suspension for sharpening their pencil............................. after being given an ultimatum for getting up "one more time" after being told to sit down umpteen times.

This has nothing to do with why the poster brought the gun to the shop. Start your own thread if you want to berated others for 'hiring their scope mounting done', (or paying someone else to load your ammo, or bed your rifle, or rust-blue your metal, or build your stock, etc)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

That's what the pros at Sportsman's Warehouse are for.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

"Would you pick up a privately owned firearm without asking?"

No.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No, hands off.

Even at gun shows (which I don't frequent much anymore), I would always ask permission before touching an item.

I rarely bring a gun to a gunsmith, but on the rare occasion I do (trigger job? D&T for scope mounts?), I wouldn't leave the firearm unattended. But, I unfortunately grew up in NYC, so my faith/expectations of the human animal are low, with the exception of a close few that I trust with my life. -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (22250rem, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 1,648 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,997
Posts18,520,367
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.