Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If your too embarrassed to do a certain job, I say you're not hungry enough yet.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Was in the local Walmart per usual about 08:30-ish one Saturday morning getting the week's shopping done before it got too busy, when I noticed a gathering of Walmart employees in a circle near the back of the store. Bear in mind, these aren't pimply-faced teenagers, these are grown men & women in their 30's, 40's, 50's, etc.

As I got closer, I started hearing some enthusiastic shouting, "Give me a W!" "W!" "Give me an A!" "A!" "Give me an L!... and what does that spell???" "WALMART! WALMART! YAAAH!!!" blush sick

I've heard it several more times since, so I know it must be a regular thing, but I walked away thinking, "Okay. I could work at Walmart if I had to, it may be a little humiliating at first, but I'd survive. I maybe could even fake it thru an employee pep rally in the back, out of sight of the public.. but right out there in front of the public?? My family would have to be borderline starving."

Last edited by bhemry; 05/03/17.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was an ambitious little tyke selling Christmas cards door-to-door at the young age of 6. My older bud paid me a nickel per box sold. As I recall, he made a quarter on my sale.

Fast forward and there's likely very few jobs that I did not either do or participate in as my Mother ran Manpower and there was always employment.

Most gratifying job----feeding folks for no money!

Worst job---feeding folks for money!

Current job---I just don't know!!!!

Can't really think of any jobs that I'd be too embarrassed to do.....BUT some of those dirtiest jobs on TV might be close to the red line. When Mike Rowe almost pukes so do I!! eek

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I grew up a plumbers son, and had plenty jobs that were dirtier. The only thing I can think of is a defense attorney (which many of my good friends are). There aren't enough innocent people in the world for any of them to make a dime.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I grew up a plumbers son, and had plenty jobs that were dirtier. The only thing I can think of is a defense attorney (which many of my good friends are). There aren't enough innocent people in the world for any of them to make a dime.

My step-father was a roofer who worked on remodels and some new construction.

I chased more lines in attics, crawl spaces etc. than I care to recall. To this day, the damp old smell dirt has in crawl spaces brings back memories of crawling around in tight crawl spaces where a couple times I got stuck. Albeit for just a short time. For a kid who was mildly claustrophobic, it wasn't fun.

Montana MOFO
IC B2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Newsman for any tv station or newspaper 😖

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I guess it depends on how hungry a person is.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I guess it depends on how hungry a person is.

Agree. There are some things against my morals that I haven't done even when hungry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have refused to de claw cats! De bark dogs, and predispose the public to food animal antibiotic residues. Pinching anal sacs is also not n my list of to do items.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by hanco
I would hate to be a damn plumber

The guy that plumbed my house probably makes more than 95% of everyone around here. He works his butt off, does outstanding work, and has work lined up. That's one guy that'll never be poor.

Meanwhile my cousin has two guys with master's degrees running the cash register at his drug store for $10 an hour. They're too proud, lazy, or perfumed to do real work.

The septic tank guy I use is borderline rich too. He's not too proud to do it and he makes a fortune.

Been a plumber almost 35 yrs,while I don't do many schit calls,I think I've made an honest living for my family.That being said,I don't think it's for everybody.
And some days it REALLY sucks......

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
About 3-4 days a year I wonder why in the hell am I doing this.......

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Only 3-4 ? grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually about 3-4 times a day but who's counting........grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Any job that required me to check my integrity at the door.

I've never understood how so many can leave their integrity behind when it comes to money.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I've never understood how so many can leave their integrity behind when it comes to money.

I've never understood how a few can leave their integrity behind when they get on the internet.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I've never understood how a few can leave their integrity behind when they get on the internet.

Victims never understand much, except how to be victims.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 405winash, 9 invisible), 948 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,411
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.