Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
One of my favorite squirrel rifles, a 1976 vintage Marlin 989m2, wears a Weaver K- 2.5. Another favorite, an exceptionally accurate Marlin 882 .22 mag. wears a 2-7x 32 Nikon pro-staff . Both rifles have accounted for literally thousands of grey and fox squirrels.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I like the sound of.that Blackheart.

I shot a LOT of rounds with nothing but open sights when I was young and honestly I miss it but now I really need glass. Any glass is a big help.
When I'm using something with low magnification I automatically treat it like sights, but using high magnification makes me obsess about every little thing and in a way "spoils" the fun. Unless I'm shooting paper. Then I obsess about managing to shoot the perfect group.
One of my 22's will be getting a Weaver K3 I have on the shelf, and may end up being a great setup for for me.
I've been doing almost no shooting for the last few years, and now its playtime. :-)

Last edited by kragman1; 05/06/17.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Which K3, the 60B series?

With the setup you have on your Rem. 582 now, you'll be able to shoot chipmunks off of small rocks on Mars..........with a good rest of course. whistle grin

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by kragman1

I shot a LOT of rounds with nothing but open sights when I was young and honestly I miss it but now I really need glass. Any glass is a big help.
When I'm using something with low magnification I automatically treat it like sights, but using high magnification makes me obsess about every little thing and in a way "spoils" the fun. Unless I'm shooting paper. Then I obsess about managing to shoot the perfect group.
One of my 22's will be getting a Weaver K3 I have on the shelf, and may end up being a great setup for for me.
I've been doing almost no shooting for the last few years, and now its playtime. :-)

Have you considered this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...ble-step-elevator-338-to-535-height-blue

It allows me to use irons again.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I'm not sure which version it is - its a made for Sears version. Definitely a K3. Tapered steel turret caps regular duplex and the hard to grip MicroTrac adjustments. Nice and clear though and doesn't seem to have any problems with range of.focus, meaning that the view is good up close, at medium distance 40-50 yards and doesn't seem to lose much when you look further out. One of the benefits of low magnification.

IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by kragman1

Have you considered this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...ble-step-elevator-338-to-535-height-blue

It allows me to use irons again.

Now that is very cool. Thanks for the link.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Yes - thanks for the link.
I didn't know that something like that was available and it really seems like it would help.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I was shooting sub one inch groups at 25 yards the first trip to the range. The image of the rear sight was a bit blurry, but my eye just automatically centered the peep around the front bead. The only issue is the group was two inches left of the bullseye and I forgot to take anything to move the sight with. I will be back this week with a punch and mallet. I put the sight on a Winchester 67A single shot and boy did it carry easily compared to a scope sighted rifle. Spring squirrel season is coming up and I can't wait to try it out.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 05/07/17. Reason: added info
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,428 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.