Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Not sure what a 22 short semi-auto is good for but I couldn't pass this one up for what I paid for it. It did not come with a magazine and I about fell over when I saw what the originals are going for...

Anyone have a magazine they would part with ?

Tried to post picks but PB is not working this morning.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Congrats on the 950. Never did much know what they were good for either, but you'll be amazed at how accurate that tiny little thing is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Magazines for that little critter are like chicken teeth .... rare! I messed around and never bought any extras for the pistol I bought 30 years ago and I've regretted that a hundred times. I've begged Mec-Gar to make a run of them, but so far no luck. The last "Brand New" one I saw for sale was well over a hundred bucks.

Triple-K offers one for $44 but I don't care to test the quality at that price.

https://www.triplek.com/product/beretta-minx-950-22-short-6-rd-magazine-or-grips/

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My sister's first husband had one of those Beretta Minx's. He let me shoot it with a bunch of other pistols when I visited them when I was about 14 years old. I've got to say for as small as that little pistol is, I had no problem hitting cans and bottles with it. It was plenty accurate for a little semi-auto.

Dan

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I got it for $125 total from a local pawn shop. I knew it did not have the magazine but the box and original manual was somewhat of a bonus. I've shot it "single shot" mode and was surprised at how accurate I was with it for such a small gun.

I'm considering rolling the dice and trying one of the triple-K mags with the originals going for $80-100.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MikeByrge; 06/03/17. Reason: typo
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had one of those once. Fun little gun to shoot and amazingly accurate too. JMHO, but you'll regret wasting the money on a aftermarket mag. The only one that worked in mine was the original mag.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have yet to get a truly good magazine from Triple K...freaking garbage, I don't know how they stay in business. I was fool enough to try Triple K for my Astra 3000. It actually worked, but after 24 hours of the magazine being loaded, I opened the safe to find the spot welds on the floorplate had failed, and the spring was God knows where. Was dumb enough to try one for my Beretta Model 70 Puma...never got it to feed a single round...complete POS. I do know they make a decent P38 magazine, but I'm not familiar with any other magazine they make that is worth the cardboard packaging it comes in. But hey, maybe the only other magazine they make worth a crap is the Mix magazine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MikeByrge
I got it for $125 total from a local pawn shop. I knew it did not have the magazine but the box and original manual was somewhat of a bonus. I've shot it "single shot" mode and was surprised at how accurate I was with it for such a small gun.

I'm considering rolling the dice and trying one of the triple-K mags with the originals going for $80-100.

[Linked Image]

If I had one in that condition with no more than you have in it, I'd suck it up and buy one of those New/Like New factory magazines that's currently listed on Ebay. For no more than you've have invested thus far, it would make the gun worth about $300 or more.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 41magfan

[Linked Image]

If I had one in that condition with no more than you have in it, I'd suck it up and buy one of those New/Like New factory magazines that's currently listed on Ebay. For no more than you've have invested thus far, it would make the gun worth about $300 or more.

Agreed

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 41magfan

[Linked Image]

Agreed

That would be my vote as well. It's settled then. Now the only thing you're lacking is a use for it. smile

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (160user, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,149
Posts18,502,810
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.