G

Retired cat herder.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What a disgrace.....This country is F u c k e d.... mad

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 06/09/17.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Actually, criminal.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pissed me off!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That newly graduated Marine showed great restraint in not showing that ass hole principal his skills in hand to hand combat!

Pisses me off!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't know.....gotta respect a principal that runs a tight ship. I mean I'm all for our men and women who are/have served and promote them all the while but even at my sons recent graduation ALL wore their cap and gowns. Now as the principal was giving his part of the address he had all the ROTC guys and gals stand and be recognized and point out their achievements (which this group broke existing records and set new ones this past year) so with that being said, I don't think it was necessarily disrespectful to not let one wear something different...next thing you know a whole other bag of worms get opened. We had ANOTHER grad get a full ride to Annapolis this year and she wore her cap and gown like all others.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Follow tradition and wear the cap and gown. Is there a real need to demonstrate that one is a unique individual in some way. Ones intentions are usually referenced behind each name in the program for the night. There's always a local kid or two coming up with a stunt in an attempt to stand out. Even my own son all of sudden had a need to wear sunglasses that evening. Put the squash on that one. My perception is it makes them look stupid as opposed to padding their resume.

As to hand to hand combat, that will land one in jail. Also, it's extremely rare to encounter a boot camper that's suddenly made the transition to Zen Master. I have seen a few that thought they were there, and got their asses kicked.

Last edited by 1minute; 06/09/17.

1Minute
G
g5m Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
From the article:

"The Marines do not have a policy on dress for high school graduations, leaving the decision up to the individual school districts."

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with Boots and 1minute.

If you allow one to deviate the next thing will be some azz wanting to wear muzzie garb.

The young man referenced in the first post should have worn his gown over his uniform.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by fish head

If you allow one to deviate the next thing will be some azz wanting to wear muzzie garb.

The young man referenced in the first post should have worn his gown over his uniform.

I can accept that idea..Good solution..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

THIS^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
at my kids graduation 2 years ago, they asked all the students who were going into the military after graduation to stand.

The crowd gave them a standing ovation.

The honor graduates did not get one.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I understand the mixed feelings here but as a veteran, I would not have worn a uniform if something else was more appropriate or required. This isn't a military event.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CEJ1895

I can accept that idea..Good solution..
I was under the impression this is what was being denied.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would wear it anyway and let them arrest me.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
From the article:

"The Marines do not have a policy on dress for high school graduations, leaving the decision up to the individual school districts."

Being military you all know you follow the rules and regulations, thus dress is not optional. You wear what is promulgated.
Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did the Corp allow him to wear his letterman jacket at his Basic graduation?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why is this a problem. All of the other students graduating wore the schools uniform, their caps and gowns. There is no reason for anyone else to be allowed to wear any other form of dress if they want to participate in graduation. He can wear the Marine uniform under the gown. He wore the Marine uniform when he graduated basic, and can wear the traditional uniform of high school graduates when he graduates HS.

While I applaud his service there is a time and place, this was not it. When you start making exceptions, no matter how honorable, you'll have kids wanting to wear anything they want at their HS graduation.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I also thought it was a crock until I read one of the comments at the end of the article that was written by another Marine. What he said makes sense. Besides, the uniform could still be worn under the gown. Here's the comment:

USMCDAD1775
2 hours ago
I am a Marine and I agree with the school. If I was in this knuckleheads command he would be hearing from me. There is a thing called the uniform of the day. The cap and gown was the uniform of the day for that school. I would wager a bet that if at graduation from boot the uniform of the day was PT gear, he would not show up in cammies. The headline should read "Boot decided to show up in wrong uniform"

I also want add that I also applaud and thank the Graduate for his service!

3825 24336
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You might be surprised at what's under some of those gowns. I knew a girl years ago who wore a very skimpy bikini under hers. I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't wear anything at all. A Marine uniform wouldn't be in the least bit inappropriate under a gown.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 163bc, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,455
Posts18,529,062
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.