Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Something that wasn't mentioned by anyone...

For others I have done this in multiple calibers, and multiple brands of ammo...

First Disassemble them, one at a time...

Then uniform the charge of powder, by sacrificing one of the twenty cartridges in the box of 20.

But disassembled Remington Ammo with the Corelokts have always given tighter groups
when the loads have been uniformed by handloading instead of just being thrown...

I use a Lee Dipper and an RCBS 505 Scale.

I have noticed tho that Remington will use one type of powder in one lot number of ammo and then use
a different powder in another lot number with the same bullet weight...

Any factory Remington Ammo that I have used tho, has always been minute of whitetail or Blacktail.

and as mentioned by Mr Barsness...I've always found excellent performance from Corelokt Round Nose
bullets. to include out to 300 yds.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
Something that wasn't mentioned by anyone...

For others I have done this in multiple calibers, and multiple brands of ammo...

First Disassemble them, one at a time...

Then uniform the charge of powder, by sacrificing one of the twenty cartridges in the box of 20.

But disassembled Remington Ammo with the Corelokts have always given tighter groups
when the loads have been uniformed by handloading instead of just being thrown...

I use a Lee Dipper and an RCBS 505 Scale.

I have noticed tho that Remington will use one type of powder in one lot number of ammo and then use
a different powder in another lot number with the same bullet weight...

Any factory Remington Ammo that I have used tho, has always been minute of whitetail or Blacktail.

and as mentioned by Mr Barsness...I've always found excellent performance from Corelokt Round Nose
bullets. to include out to 300 yds.

Those must have been really crappily thrown charges. In 308 Winchester I've been able to achieve 1/2 MOA results for ten shot groups with thrown charges of IMR3031, and you know how those Lincoln Logs meter.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I just like rolling my own!!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
I just like rolling my own!!

It is getting to be kind of fun. Pistol loading was rather in bulk, so it got to be "work". With the rilfe I don't shoot very many rounds and the focus/attention to detail per round is enjoyable.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Zengela
Rem is getting quite proud of their Ol' Green box. Getting pricey. Still good stuff. But I can usually get Win Power Point or Fed "Blue Box" Hi-Shok" for cheaper. And I feel it is a touch better. My Core-Lokt fav is their 375 H&H 270 gr. FOR PLAINS GAME ONLY!!. Also love their 220gr. 30-06.

Agreed. I reload but occasionally buy factory. Rem is getting ridiculous on their prices.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Handloading these days is more a labor of love than it was years ago, prices for equipment and components have risen to the point it is not as cost effective as it was years ago. Factory ammo is much better now, many manufacturers offer premium bullets, brass and powders not available to the public.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
^^^^but, it just feels so damn good to bag a nice trophy or get a stellar group with "your baby" that you made. Now with my new job, time is very hard to come by. And I'm dead azz tired. So grabbing online some modern premium loads is practical at times. Back to core-lokts, what are these new hyper velocity bonded core-lokts like? Worth the few extra bucks?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
It's fun.

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." Mark Twain
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
"The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.