-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of y'all need to take a look at 11 U.S.C. Sec. 362 and the cases decided under it.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cowman
Long story short, sister who lives in Mesa called last night. She had rented out her house while temporarily moving back to the Midwest for a job. Her renter had been recommended by a friend. Single mom with 6 kids is staying in her house. She has been late with the rent every month, last month was 400 short and this month did not pay anything. Sister gives her 5 day notice to terminate lease for non payment and all hell breaks loose. The renter is livid that my sister would "screw her over and leave her children homeless". Sister finds out that this woman is in open bankruptcy in Utah and evicting is difficult during this process. She has filed 6 times in 4 years, so no stranger to the process. (I'm guessing she is dealing with a professional grifter) My sister did find out that this woman filed in Utah, but failed to mention lease payment or child support in court documents. She also should have filed in AZ, since she had lived there over 90 days prior to filing bankruptcy again. Any advice from the fire on this? Sister is afraid this woman will now trash the house.

She should hire a lawyer and get remodel bids from contractors. The woman and her 6 kids will fuuk her chit up before they leave, guaranteed. No way around getting fuuked hard on this one.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Who would have thought that a single mom with 6 kids would be a problem.

I wish her luck, I hate those types of people

No kidding. I've never met a single mom that was flush with cash, let alone one with 6 kids.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long story short, sister who lives in Mesa called last night. She had rented out her house while temporarily moving back to the Midwest for a job. Her renter had been recommended by a friend. Single mom with 6 kids is staying in her house. She has been late with the rent every month, last month was 400 short and this month did not pay anything. Sister gives her 5 day notice to terminate lease for non payment and all hell breaks loose. The renter is livid that my sister would "screw her over and leave her children homeless". Sister finds out that this woman is in open bankruptcy in Utah and evicting is difficult during this process. She has filed 6 times in 4 years, so no stranger to the process. (I'm guessing she is dealing with a professional grifter) My sister did find out that this woman filed in Utah, but failed to mention lease payment or child support in court documents. She also should have filed in AZ, since she had lived there over 90 days prior to filing bankruptcy again. Any advice from the fire on this? Sister is afraid this woman will now trash the house.

Have your sister pay a rough-looking biker-type to move in immediately as an additional renter, tell him to start eating the food out of the refrigator. The bum and her children will leave within two days.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Is AZ one of those states that have renter rights laws that make it virtually impossible to get them out, even if they don't pay for months? I've heard some real horror stories about renters in OR with their rights laws.

I am a victim of this. There was so much damage I demoed the house and sold the land.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife and I had apartments for over 30 years, one of the happiest days of my life was the day I sold the last one. I will lie down and starve to death before I will ever rent something out again. If you rent out a crowbar, it will come back tied in a knot. The nicest , most dependable looking people turn into total scumbags the instant you sign them up.

Last edited by jnyork; 06/19/17.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

. Yup....she can file bankruptcy .…but can't keep legs closed..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by rost495
Who would want 6 kids these days? Thats over half a million in college funding alone..... very likely.

Folks just don't seem to plan at all these days...

Of folks can teach they're kids to save and pay for their own things.
Nah - she has six kids because I'm betting the state's payin' her for 'em.. She probably makes pretty good money that way..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Sad story for sure BUT, your sister and all of your relatives can move in with the present tenant. I saw this done in Anchorage, Ak. and it was in the winter time as it is hard to put someone out during the winter there. The bums were out that same night.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

Why the hate? It seems to be the "in" thing on the 'fire these days.

My sister has 6 kids and is a single mom. Every situation is different.

On a lighter note, Dad tells a story about a slumlord he knew in New Orleans who personally collected rent. When a tenant wouldn't pay up, he would take the front door with him.

Sorry, I should love people that don't pay their rent, my bad

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If the bankruptcy case is still pending, sister needs a bankruptcy lawyer, not a collections or eviction lawyer. As indicated by readonly, the commencement of the bankruptcy case stays any action to collect or to evict. Unless the case has ended, the automatic stay has to be lifted in order to pursue collection or eviction, which requires a filing in the bankruptcy court. If sister knows of the bankruptcy case and pursues any type of judicial or extra-judicial remedy (e.g. things suggested by many posts in this thread), she can be liable for harsh penalties and damages, including the tenant’s attorney fees. At the same time, the rent accruing during the case is an administrative expense that gets paid ahead of other unsecured creditors. Also, it is a federal crime for a bankruptcy debtor to intentionally conceal things in bankruptcy schedules.

Don’t take Internet advice. Get a lawyer who knows something about bankruptcy.

How did we get so far down that path in this country? Amazing shiet it is. Whatever happened to 'sorry you can't pay your rent, get the f*ck out'

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

How did we get so far down that path in this country? Amazing shiet it is. Whatever happened to 'sorry you can't pay your rent, get the f*ck out'

Yankees??? smirk

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Raeford

Yankees??? smirk

No, people like your ex-Senator/Attorney/VP hopeful. Oh yeah, Yankees

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford

Yankees??? smirk

No, people like your ex-Senator/Attorney/VP hopeful. Oh yeah, Yankees

Not EX Senator[YET]
Attorney?????
FYI-he is a Yankee in multiple ways.

But not people like AlGore?? YOUR former senator/VP??

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If the bankruptcy case is still pending, sister needs a bankruptcy lawyer, not a collections or eviction lawyer. As indicated by readonly, the commencement of the bankruptcy case stays any action to collect or to evict. Unless the case has ended, the automatic stay has to be lifted in order to pursue collection or eviction, which requires a filing in the bankruptcy court. If sister knows of the bankruptcy case and pursues any type of judicial or extra-judicial remedy (e.g. things suggested by many posts in this thread), she can be liable for harsh penalties and damages, including the tenant’s attorney fees. At the same time, the rent accruing during the case is an administrative expense that gets paid ahead of other unsecured creditors. Also, it is a federal crime for a bankruptcy debtor to intentionally conceal things in bankruptcy schedules.

Don’t take Internet advice. Get a lawyer who knows something about bankruptcy.

Ending debtors prisons was one of the principles of liberty this country was founded on. Only way to peacefully accomplish that was to allow discharge of debt through bankruptcy. This stuff doesn't fall out of the sky....it is too easy to run a credit check on a potential tenant. Cut corners, live with the consequences. I am sympathetic but only to a degree. I am more sympathetic to people with tentant problems that couldn't have been discovered quite so easily beforehand.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Put a dead skunk in the furnace, the bich and her little rugrats will leave and replacing the furnace would be cheaper.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
those six kids need a pet...a skunk will do nicely.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

Why the hate? It seems to be the "in" thing on the 'fire these days.

My sister has 6 kids and is a single mom. Every situation is different.

On a lighter note, Dad tells a story about a slumlord he knew in New Orleans who personally collected rent. When a tenant wouldn't pay up, he would take the front door with him.

Sorry, I should love people that don't pay their rent, my bad

Yeah my bad too. It must be a reading comprehension thing. I didn't see in your post where you were hating on deadbeats, only single moms. Sis pays her rent and haters gonna hate.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I can move in for a price , when I bought my house all neighbors sold their homes.

P.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Sadly the best outcome would be you paying them to move out.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (204guy, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.