Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Mjduct Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I lusted for one of these for a few years and never could wrap my wallet around them while they were in production. A little while down the road, I'm starting to hear they are becoming collectible and prices are going up. I'm thinking about picking one up. In .308 if I can find it. I'd rather not have to go on a long lost ammo hunt for the other cartridges if I don't have to.

Anybody have one they wanna post some pics of? Preferably with some dead quarry!!!

HR IC

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have one I bought new. Its a 350RM. Overall I like it a lot. Its one of the most accurate rifles I've owned without doing anything to it and isnt too heavy. Its my favorite blackbear rifle, it really thumps them.

The styling isnt for everybody but I like the old m600's. You definatly get some questions from people asking what it is. I once read a description that fits pretty well "its kind of cool in a wierd sort of way". That pretty much describes it. Im not a real big fan of Remingtons but this one at least isn't going anywhere.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had the 673 in .350 Rem Mag. and it was a good shooter. The recoil wasn't bad compared to a 600/660. I liked the gun.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Local dealer had one about 3 years ago in 6.5mag. I looked at it and it was one of the best fit and finished Remington I'd seen in a while. powdr

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by powdr
Local dealer had one about 3 years ago in 6.5mag. I looked at it and it was one of the best fit and finished Remington I'd seen in a while. powdr

I bought a 6.5 when they came out along with 10 boxes of ammunition. I'm a classic rifle style guy but for some reason I like this little rifle. I still have it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've owned two, chambered for the 350 Mag. Both were shooters and thumpers.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've owned three of them. Two 6.5 Rem Mag's and one in .350 Rem Mag.

It's born from the Model Seven, but handles like a full size rifle. A bit heavy which is fine for the .350 Magnum. All of them where accurate with good velocity. Always wish they had went with a 20" barrel instead of the 22".

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I like the action, as it is just a renumbered Model Seven, but I totally dislike the retro look of the vent rib and shark fin sight that serves no useful purpose on a rifle that is going to be scoped, plus the stock has a more open, shallow radius, pistol grip geometry than I favor. I bought a 673 take-off stock and installed a Model Seven barreled action in 7mm SAUM in it. It handled and shot well, but because of the stock geometry I never really liked it and ended up buying a McM McM Hunter style stock for it.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I like M600s and have owned many of them. Handiest little carbine ever. I also like the M7s and have had a couple. When the M673 came out, they didn't sell very well and a LGS had one at a very attractive price. I was going to jump on it (always wanted to try the 350 Mag), but when I picked it up I found that the stock just didn't fit me at all. I had to tilt my head over the stock to align the front and rear sights. Heaven knows what the 350 recoil would have done to my cheek. I considered buying it anyway and cutting the stock down to fit but finally elected to walk away.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think the stock ergos are excellent actually for a scoped hunting rifle. I also think they are ugly.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Hook
I like M600s and have owned many of them. Handiest little carbine ever. I also like the M7s and have had a couple. When the M673 came out, they didn't sell very well and a LGS had one at a very attractive price. I was going to jump on it (always wanted to try the 350 Mag), but when I picked it up I found that the stock just didn't fit me at all. I had to tilt my head over the stock to align the front and rear sights. Heaven knows what the 350 recoil would have done to my cheek. I considered buying it anyway and cutting the stock down to fit but finally elected to walk away.

That's because like most rifles today the stock is set up for scope use which makes using the iron sights a compromise. Actually I find the 673 stock better than most in this regard.

Last edited by Cougarz; 06/25/17. Reason: Spellin.....

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
Will Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have both a .350 RM and 6.5 RM. These are very accurate rifles just like their cousin 600 series. I suppose people didn't like their looks but I am keeping mine. I think I paid about $450 each for them when they were closing them out somewhere. Triggers were poor but easily fixed. Brass now is scarce in original calibers. 350 is a real thumper.

"That God could and would, if He were sought."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've had a couple of them in 350 RM. Nice rifles, BUT, I'm a Ruger guy and went that way. Wish I had kept one of them. Didn't see the need with a couple of 338's. I'm pretty sold on 338 too. Wouldn't mind the 673 in 308 but truth is, I haven't ever seen one in that caliber.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one in 308....I didn't like the laminated stock, so I swapped it for an HS. I installed a RifleBasix trigger, installed a Gretan firing pin assembly, had Karl put a Campfire Knob on it and had it cerakoted. It's my go to rifle for Whitetail here in TN. It's reasonably light and handy and it's the most accurate rifle I own.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I've owned two and both were shooters and thumpers..........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

zero'd, 2" high at 100 yds. Should be just about right at 200 yds.

[Linked Image]

not often I get caught out without a camera, but this eve all I had was my cell phone and it was dark thirty when I nailed this guy. He went down hard, DRT. Didn't even paddle!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cougarz
Originally Posted by Hook

That's because like most rifles today the stock is set up for scope use which makes using the iron sights a compromise. Actually I find the 673 stock better than most in this regard.

Not just today; my Sako FN has nice folding leaf open sights that are unusable due to the high comb. It's circa1960 or thereabouts.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,056
Posts18,501,122
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.