Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by rost495
So whats with the opening statement?.

Not sure if they are allowed on the property but went on anyway is how I take it.

When he said "We are going to make sure nobody knows we are out here, We are probably not supposed to be here..." that's as good as saying they are flat out trespassing.

I hate feral hogs. But I hate poachers and trespassers 10 times more. I'd rather have the pigs any day. mad

Agreed. At least you can pit roast the pig.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by rost495
So whats with the opening statement?.

Not sure if they are allowed on the property but went on anyway is how I take it.

When he said "We are going to make sure nobody knows we are out here, We are probably not supposed to be here..." that's as good as saying they are flat out trespassing.

I hate feral hogs. But I hate poachers and trespassers 10 times more. I'd rather have the pigs any day. mad

Agreed. At least you can pit roast the pig.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
With the problems feral hogs cause Im not too concerned with being sporting about eradicating them or mosquitoes. The preferred method seems to be building a huge trap to catch the entire sounder and then exterminating the bunch.

I could see using the drone to herd a bunch into a big pasture upwind of a bunch of shooters and letting war commence.

I actually doubt the guys were really trespassing and more likely acting like a bunch of badasses for literary effect.

My main problem is they cant hunt or kill hogs worth a chitt.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/08/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 325Abn
I'm wondering when some innovative American will design/invent a device that jambs the remote control signal to the drone. Hopefully soon. I believe it would be a huge seller.

They will not. Jammers are illegal. You can not broadcast any signal to jam any other signal, or the FCC will decend on you like a ton of bricks. you can block a signal with shielding, but even hospitals are forbidden to jam. (And some have been caught doing so.)

Besides, jamming the higher end models does no good, they have GPS and return to launch position if they lose signal.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Heard on the news this morning that a drone was used in a prison break, was just coming in and didn't catch where or how it was involved but I think it said it was used in bringing in a weapon... and it did say at the end that there is a definite need for the ability to jamb radio and phone signals at prisons... Not to be funny but it you look at the title of this thread and the old slang for officers... could really be an upcoming and serious problem!

Phil

This might be what the story was about or mentioning.

Link

Phil

Last edited by Greyghost; 07/08/17.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
We are "probably"not supposed to be here cuts the lie of trespassing.Ha, they knew the lay of land and that gates were free to be easily and quickly opened, exactly how they were secured and that there were no armadillo or badger holes where they were hauling ass across pasture.
Wanna-be badasses pretending to be more.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drones have been caught delivering drugs into prisons as well.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Wanna be internet badasses trying to build a redneck following, using guns and trying to hunt and arent as dumb as Jell0, La GG, Stargazer or dimocraps cant be all bad or stupid enough to post internet proof of their supposed trespassing on property easily recognizable that could lead to their prosecution? No way.

Fess up redheadedmexican.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/08/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kellory
I'm wondering when some innovative American will design/invent a device that jambs the remote control signal to the drone. Hopefully soon. I believe it would be a huge seller.

They will not. Jammers are illegal. You can not broadcast any signal to jam any other signal, or the FCC will decend on you like a ton of bricks. you can block a signal with shielding, but even hospitals are forbidden to jam. (And some have been caught doing so.)

Besides, jamming the higher end models does no good, they have GPS and return to launch position if they lose signal.

Thanks all for the eye-opener RE: freq jammers. That's too bad really...b/c it's pretty much the drone operators who are getting the "innocent til proven guilty" treatment, where those who are being "observed" are sort of defenseless - short of using firearms to stop the drone's annoying/trespassing presence.

This example, if nothing else, should evoke some thought toward being able to interrupt the flight of these things... so today it's drugs to prisons/inmates - are weapons next? Instead of "mechanically dropping" a package of drugs, a weapon is held in place by an electro-magnet which can remotely have the current interrupted and the weapon drops to the inmate...

Yeah, these frequency jamming devices need to become more easily obtained as well as more effectively concealed. Phouchk the FCC - something needs to be done on this....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Mark my words, a drone will be used to herd trophy bull elk of an Apache Res in Arizona. It has probably happened in unit 23.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
off

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Well, even if they weren't trespassing, it's still a gay ass video and some lame ass "hunters"...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks all for the eye-opener RE: freq jammers. That's too bad really...b/c it's pretty much the drone operators who are getting the "innocent til proven guilty" treatment, where those who are being "observed" are sort of defenseless - short of using firearms to stop the drone's annoying/trespassing presence.

This example, if nothing else, should evoke some thought toward being able to interrupt the flight of these things... so today it's drugs to prisons/inmates - are weapons next? Instead of "mechanically dropping" a package of drugs, a weapon is held in place by an electro-magnet which can remotely have the current interrupted and the weapon drops to the inmate...

Yeah, these frequency jamming devices need to become more easily obtained as well as more effectively concealed. Phouchk the FCC - something needs to be done on this....

I'm a tech level ham, as well as a college trained broadcaster. I have to know this stuff. You can say phuchk the FCC (barely) but YOU DON'T set those rules, and it doesn't take more than 2 receivers to pinpoint an illegal signal. Hams will turn you in, the FED'S will prosecute you, and the courts will bury you. You don't mess with the FCC, EVER.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Then there's the technical aspect to jamming - the spread spectrum radio systems used by modern RC aircraft are BY DESIGN hardened against interference. Think of a field full of RC pilots all using the same frequency- chaos results if there's unintentional cross-traffic. The RC radio systems of today essentially prevent that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,478 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,680
Posts18,493,876
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.