Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am a long time photobucket user, have been there for over a decade and have hundreds of pics saved there. Post pics from there on the internet all the time.

Now, the good folks at photobucket have been warning me for six months that I am a bandit and a cheapskate for not paying.
I have ignored them.

Now, I see guys on this forum saying that "botophucket" wants $400 a year to continue this service.

Well, screw 'em, I ain't paying.
The thing is, my account works fine and I have posted pics from there, on the internet, in just the past hour.

What is the deal? Are they going to close my account?
Can I keep ignoring them and keep using botophucket as I have been for 12 years?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your days are numbered.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a paid account there , have for years, so I went to their site,to see what's up.
The site says I have a year grace period where I can still post pics, June 2018 , then after that I would need to upgrade to the 400 a year plan like everybody else.
Not likely.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got the email that they killed all my links. Phug 'em.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Your days are numbered.

True.... 3rd party hosting is no longer free.

DMc : )

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I thought the same thing.They sent me a notice two days ago

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got the same email, just deleted my account after deleting all of my albums and pics. Phugg em

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Got the same email, just deleted my account after deleting all of my albums and pics. Phugg em

Same here.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Don't leave there, and load up their site with everything and anything...use their bandwidth, and go somewhere else.

I'm liking Imgur so far. It's simple and fast, everything Photophuqit isn't.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Maybe if they charged something reasonable, but 400? They killed my links, and my business with them. Now I use https://postimages.org, and it works fine

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What puzzles me is why use photobucket if ya can't link the images?

So they want $400/year in competition with a bunch of free sites. Gotta be a backstory behind this, especially the way they PO'd their base by retroactively closing prior links.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am a long time photobucket user, have been there for over a decade and have hundreds of pics saved there. Post pics from there on the internet all the time.

Now, the good folks at photobucket have been warning me for six months that I am a bandit and a cheapskate for not paying.
I have ignored them.

Now, I see guys on this forum saying that "botophucket" wants $400 a year to continue this service.

Well, screw 'em, I ain't paying.
The thing is, my account works fine and I have posted pics from there, on the internet, in just the past hour.

What is the deal? Are they going to close my account?
Can I keep ignoring them and keep using botophucket as I have been for 12 years?

I just deleted 49 pages of pictures. I have exactly 3 pictures just as a test. I am thinking you;ll pay one way or another. I just think they'll start charging for photo storage period.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

How does one delete their account?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks Scott. I fell into the trap of asking first rather than just going to the site and figuring it out for myself, which I did after my query post.

KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks. Just deleted my account as well.

Kelly
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I don't have photo bucket as one can tell from my pics......

but, then I don't log onto Zeiss when I want to shoot my .300 mag. either.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've been downloading entire albums from PB.

I got no warnings, no notifications, my stuff just stopped working. I too have been using PB for 10 years. All my old posts have broken photo links now. One old stickied post is 10 years old now and it's fulla broken photo links, like a story book that someone ripped all the pictures out of.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been using Postimage for a few days, it works smoother from my phone than PB ever did. Probably some drawbacks to it, but I haven't found them yet.

NRA Endowment Life Member
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Your days are numbered.

This. I deleted my account and when I did, Photobucket said the account would be officially deleted within 48 hours once I did. That was at least a week ago and probably longer. My hosted photos were still working at the time I deleted the account though. Just yesterday Photobucket sent me an email saying I would need to pay up for 3rd party hosting, but my account is still valid and active otherwise. Apparently, the account deletion isn't that reliable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,097
Posts18,502,029
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.