Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
All time is young Frankenstein and one of the weirdest ones i have seen lately was Bone Tomahawk.

It will give you the heaves. sick

I watched Young Frankenstein again the other day. Brilliant film.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stxhunter
FROGS

I remember that flick. Friggin' weird. The original "The Thing" with James Arness. Probably about 10 years old, that movie scared the daylights outa me. When that creature was standing in the doorway in the lab? [bleep]!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rifletom
Originally Posted by stxhunter
FROGS

I remember that flick. Friggin' weird. The original "The Thing" with James Arness. Probably about 10 years old, that movie scared the daylights outa me. When that creature was standing in the doorway in the lab? [bleep]!!

I agree, The Thing (original with Jim Arness) scared Hell outta me, especially as I was about 11 years old and had to walk home in eight or ten inches of snow with only one street light on the streets. (I lived in a tiny rural town in North Arkansas.) I thought The Thing was going to jump out from behind every tree and bush along the way.

Coincidentally, many years later, I was on the Gunsmoke sound stage at CBS Studios in Studio City to watch how they set up and shot a fire scene I'd written in the script. As the crew was setting the scene, I was talking with Jim Arness as he waited to begin the scene.

I told him about how he scared me half to death in The Thing when I was a kid. Jim laughed and said, "That was my favorite roll."

I said, "Really?"

He said "Yeah, I didn't have to learn any lines." We both laughed about that.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Night of the living dead (original)
TCM (original)
Hostel
Cabin Fever

Last edited by night_owl; 07/15/17.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most all of them.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Psycho

All American

All the time
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Not one of us rednecks gonna mention The Legend of Boggy Creek? Daaaaang!

That scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.
Me too. I was home alone and about 12 or 13 yrs. old the first time I watched it . Was sitting in dads recliner next to the window when it started but moved to the couch in the middle of the living room and pulled the drapes before it was over.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
There is a campfire member here and I won't say who, but it's not who you think it is. And he has a damn good for real story from Boggy Creek. He has shared it with me.

I'll just leave it at that.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My first horror film, and the first movie to be shown at our new local drive-in theatre back in the 50's was "The Thing". Have seen it a couple times since but never had the same effect that it had on a 10 year old kid back then.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Was in first or second grade. My cousin took me to see The original "Dracula" movie with Bella Lugosi. When the part came to when he was going to sink his fangs into that lovely gal, I freaked out, ran up the aisle, out the door and down the street. Scared S...., less! Didn't sleep for three days.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
The Blair Witch Project

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Not one of us rednecks gonna mention The Legend of Boggy Creek? Daaaaang!

That scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.
Me too. I was home alone and about 12 or 13 yrs. old the first time I watched it . Was sitting in dads recliner next to the window when it started but moved to the couch in the middle of the living room and pulled the drapes before it was over.

I'll never forget the scene with the guy sitting on the crapper.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jericho
"Jacob's Ladder"

Good call...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Ghost stories set in normal urban type settings like those Japanese ghost stories - rain etc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thirteen Ghosts - original 1960 version

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Evil Dead series.

The various Dracula movies.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Saw the Boggy Creek movie as a kid.
F'd me up.
Maybe had something to do with azzhole uncle taking me fishing at 5 yrs old and ditching me, with no light, in the dark.........on a beaverdam so he and his cuz could sneak back and drink w some whores at a nearby trailer.

Watched Blair Witch the night before deer hunting. Stupid movie. But the dude in the corner near the end, having gone into big woods and found abandoned houses and weird stuff.............that added to the Boggy Creek mess up. So as I walked down the Jeep trail to my stand w flashlight.........it creeped me out. So went back to the truck and waited for sunup.
LOL........2nd.walk in was much less anxious. Killed my avatar buck a couple hrs later smile

Had cougar on cam near other hunting spot. Standing corn for a few hundred yards to get back to patch woods. Buddy and his dad nervous.
After a couple trips in the dark I was fine, no handgun either. Bowhunting.

Takes me about 5 trips in the dark every deer season to settle down.

Horror movies I like?

For fun and horror............Evil Dead 2. Didn't care for he first one. Army of Darkness is fun too (3rd in series).
John Carpenter's "The Thing".................saw that on big screen.......................yowza.

The first Underworld movie was good, but it was more about tight leather and machine pistols on Kate Beckinsale than vamps and wolves.

The books called "The Wolfen" and "The Prophecy" were pretty good, but the movies were beyond suck.

Hellraiser (the first one) was a wicked flick, as was the 1st and 2nd "Aliens" movies.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/16/17.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Without Warning was on Comet TV last week or so, missed it. Haven't seen it since early 80's.
Proly watch it tonight. All I remember is that it was B grade and had the Space 1999 guy in it.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/16/17.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hookeye
F'd me up.
Maybe had something to do with azzhole uncle taking me fishing at 5 yrs old and ditching me, with no light, in the dark.........on a beaverdam so he and his cuz could sneak back and drink w some whores at a nearby trailer.

Watched Blair Witch the night before deer hunting. Stupid movie. But the dude in the corner near the end, having gone into big woods and found abandoned houses and weird stuff.............that added to the Boggy Creek mess up. So as I walked down the Jeep trail to my stand w flashlight.........it creeped me out. So went back to the truck and waited for sunup.
LOL........2nd.walk in was much less anxious. Killed my avatar buck a couple hrs later smile

Had cougar on cam near other hunting spot. Standing corn for a few hundred yards to get back to patch woods. Buddy and his dad nervous.

Horror movies I like?

For fun and horror............Evil Dead 2. Didn't care for he first one. Army of Darkness is fun too (3rd in series).
John Carpenter's "The Thing".................saw that on big screen.......................yowza.

The first Underworld movie was good, but it was more about tight leather and machine pistols on Kate Beckinsale than vamps and wolves.

The books called "The Wolfen" and "The Prophecy" were pretty good, but the movies were beyond suck.

Hellraiser (the first one) was a wicked flick, as was the 1st and 2nd "Aliens" movies.

I love The Thing. My favorite line is when they see the head walking along on spider legs and the guy "You gotta be phhucking kidding". Always cracks me up.

Last edited by Squirrelnut; 07/16/17.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by hookeye
F'd me up.

Horror movies I like?

I love The Thing. My favorite line is when they see the head walking along on spider legs and the guy "You gotta be phhucking kidding". Always cracks me up.

Yeah, that was a trip for back then. That and the dog at the beginning.............I was like "Holy Cow this is gonna be a rough one". I was squirmin' !
Nowadays it's all gore. That one had killer suspense (and plenty of gore too IMHO).

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 45 invisible), 2,901 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,394
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.