Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
TiBike Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Has anyone used Sig's new line of binoculars? In particular I am looking at the Zulu 7 in 10x42. Curious how they compare to Zeiss Conquests and other brands. I appreciate the help as I am no optics genius but my 56 yr old eyes are starting to need some reasonably decent glass!

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
They don;t compare. Optically or in ergonomics. The Conquest are easily better.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Do you have the opportunity to compare the two in person? That is the only way to really tell which one will appear better to you.

I have compared the two. To my eyes, the Zeiss were a bit brighter, but the "fast focus" range was too narrow for me to clearly focus small objects at distance. The Zulu 7 had a little wider range of focus and I was able to focus them more clearly. Also, to me the ergonomics of the Zulu 7 were better than the Conquest's. The Conquest felt a bit bulky to me.

We all have differing levels of eyesight, so you are going to have to look through a set to see for yourself. Because what looks good, clear, bright, sharp, etc to one guy doesn't mean it will always be that way for the next guy.

gundog

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Zulu 7 and 9 have proven to be great glass with the reviews I have seen.
Recently the 7 was compared to the Conquest HD in a review in Western Hunter magazine and was basically a tie with the Conquest.

The 7 is at a lower price point than the Conquest.

T
TiBike Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks guys. It is REALLY hard to find info on the Zulu7 (or 9). Guess they are so new that not much is out there. BTW in that price range, are all binos nitrogen (or argon???) filled? Is that relevant. Shopping for good optics is an education in how little I know about good optics!!

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TiBike
Thanks guys. It is REALLY hard to find info on the Zulu7 (or 9). Guess they are so new that not much is out there. BTW in that price range, are all binos nitrogen (or argon???) filled? Is that relevant. Shopping for good optics is an education in how little I know about good optics!!

If you're OK with spending $650'ish, look no further than a Tract Toric EHD. I've compared them in the field to numerous optics, including Conquest HD, Meostar HD, Gold Ring HD, Swaro SLC HD, SLC wb 10x42, and a Swaro 8x30wb. The Toric was better to my eyeballs than all of them, with the exception of the SLC HD, and you had to have them on tripods side by side to see any noticeable difference. They are that good.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, AdventureBound, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 4,143 guests, and 700 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,809
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.