Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
ba_50 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I have talked with several gun sale people including the Corporate office and nobody will commit themselves to sell me an exclusive rifle they have offered, because of conflicting rules, and they just keep passing the buck. They told me to email the fella who deals with FFL's and he never returned my inquiry. It has to do with going through my local FFL and not a store.

If they don't want to do it why not just say so? I am in Illinois so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Thanks.

Last edited by ba_50; 07/29/17.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Another reason to shun Cabela's. I won't shop there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought two M70s from a store in Michigan (I'm in Georgia) a few years ago with no issues. I have no idea why they would give you a hard time. Clueless employees?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go to cabelas and get rifle.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sounds like Cabela's neither wants or needs your money.

IC B2

B
ba_50 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Go to cabelas and get rifle.

Would you drive 12 hours?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Youre in Illinoise that shouldnt be a problem.

Pfffft!!!!

Hmmmm i dont know capt obvious, wish i had an answer.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That has been their policy for as long as I can remember. The best they will do is ship to a store nearest you.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've bought a pistol from Cabelas and had it shipped to my local FFL.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I bought one a couple of years ago from the Gun Library in Billings and had it delivered to my local dealer (an individual). Maybe they've changed their policy.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
They have shipped to my FFL in CA...

Ted
B
ba_50 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Did they transfer it at the store? If so, why do they say it has to be shipped to an ffl? If you own it you can ship it to yourself, a friend,
Or they can hold it at the post office.
It is $50 to transfer through Cabelas. Some ffls want to get paid just to accept it.
One salesman told me he would go through my ffl but when I asked about the online agreement to pick it up at the store he had me contact shipping. She didn't work there anymore. One person in shipping said they don't deal with that and passed the buck. Bunch of nonsense.

A sidenote about shipping your own guns to yourself. 3-4 ffl holders didn't tell me about being able to send them to myself. They either wanted the money or didn't know .

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
CABELA'S ONLINE FIREARMS ORDERING GUIDELINES

HOW TO ORDER FEES OR TAXES RESTRICTIONS PICKUP ONLINE TERMS
HOW TO ORDER

Browse our assortment and when you've found the item(s) you want, select "Order Online".

Provide the zip code for your state of residency. You can only add items to your cart that you are permitted to purchase in your state of residency.

Choose the Cabela's store at which you would like to pick up your item(s).

Availability of pickup location depends on whether the items you order are allowed to be sold by Cabela's in that location or not.

Review and agree to our Online Firearm Ordering Agreement.

Complete the checkout process. Your local jurisdiction may impose an additional background-check fee or firearm tax that you will need to pay at time of pickup.

Firearms are typically delivered to the Cabela's store in 5 - 8 business days (15 - 18 business days for Alaska). All other items in your order will ship to the same store as your firearm. You'll receive an email notification when your items arrive at the location you chose.

California / Rhode Island / Washington, D.C. residents, please call your preferred Cabela's store to learn more about ordering firearms.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by ba_50
Did they transfer it at the store? If so, why do they say it has to be shipped to an ffl? If you own it you can ship it to yourself, a friend,
Or they can hold it at the post office.
It is $50 to transfer through Cabelas. Some ffls want to get paid just to accept it.
One salesman told me he would go through my ffl but when I asked about the online agreement to pick it up at the store he had me contact shipping. She didn't work there anymore. One person in shipping said they don't deal with that and passed the buck. Bunch of nonsense.

A sidenote about shipping your own guns to yourself. 3-4 ffl holders didn't tell me about being able to send them to myself. They either wanted the money or didn't know .

You can not get a firearm from an on-line source and send it to yourself. It must be shipped to an FFL where the NICS will then be done. You can send a firearm you currently own and poses to any address, so long as you are the one accepting it on the other end. You can not ship a firearm you own to a friend and have them legally open the package.

B
ba_50 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Go to atf.gov and you will say I can ship it to myslf in care of someone else. The post office requires an ffl send it.
Cabelas won't complete the transaction until tranfer is done so why send it to another ffl? Of course they could be wrong.
As far as those shipping rules quoted it depends on who you talk to.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The rules I posted are correct. Cite a law or regulation to the contrary.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I still don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying Cabela's won't allow you to purchase a gun and have it transferred to you through a local FFL? Are you trying to get them to send it directly to you? You need to buy the gun and do the transfer through a local FFL. I've bought several from Cabela's that way without a single problem.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What a cluster fugk

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The problem is his name. Muhammad al Qadamu Sidq raised some flags at Cabelas

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by ba_50
If so, why do they say it has to be shipped to an ffl? If you own it you can ship it to yourself...

If you buy the gun from Cabela's, and you're not there, in person, to do the transfer...then it must indeed go to your local FFL holder for the transfer. As far as the government is concerned, you do not own the firearm, regardless of monies exchanged, until the 4473 is completed and returned as "proceed."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,317
Posts18,487,330
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.