Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by funshooter
I live in San Bernardino County and work in Riverside , Orange and LA County's and all of these county's are screwed up with the laws

I certainly agree with that. Other nearby counties, also. Ventura and Santa Barbara counties are very left liberal, too.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by deflave
Reagan and Arnold the anti-gun nuts?Dave

Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow conservatives.
P.

Do you seriously, for one second, think Arnold is conservative?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Too bad too many listen to the Jack Wads when forming opinions of California.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
At a LGS this week, I heard the gun shop owner talking about how California doesn't allow for reasonable self defense, citing the duty to retreat and various other rumors.

Problem is, CA hasn't required a duty to retreat since the late 1970's. In fact, CA lead the nation in the Castle Doctrine within the home, and was one of the first in the nation to do away with the duty to retreat.

CA also allows the use of reasonable force in the protection of property.

In fact, CA is the only state I know of that even allows you to legally pursue an attacker until the threat has passed.

Contrary to what we may think of the Left Coast, as it turns out, CA has rules of deadly force that are consistent with most other states in the nation.

Not that I'm in any hurry to return to CA. But I'm amazed at all the "experts" on CA law, who clearly have never read CA law.

http://www.shouselaw.com/self-defense.html

What the law says and how they enforce the laws are two different things

Try to defend your self in Cali. and see what it gets you.

I have several friends in prison right now that defended them selves and several that I know of that were persecuted so bad they never got out of the hole that was dug for them after they defended them selves.

I have been told by several Police Officers that in Cali. you basically have no rights to defend yourself not even in your own home.

It does not matter what the laws say it is how they are enforced.

Calguns is my only defense if I ever have to defend myself in this screwed up state.

The Laws are in place to protect the criminals not the Law abiding citizens
I call bullshit on that. If you have several friends in prison, then they either committed crimes, or ran their mouth after the shooting.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I live in San Bernardino County and work in Riverside , Orange and LA County's and all of these county's are screwed up with the laws

I certainly agree with that. Other nearby counties, also. Ventura and Santa Barbara counties are very left liberal, too.

L.W.

If you want conservatives in CA, you have to get east of the two big rivers.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I was a Peace Officer in California from 2004 too 2009. You decides whether a prosecution over a homicide is justifiable or not is the County Sheriff and local Prosecutor/District Attorney. In the more rural and inland counties going to trial over a righteous shooting is much less likely to happen. It's a huge State with a lot of Counties.

Last edited by idahoguy101; 07/31/17.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
I was a Peace Officer in California from 2004 too 2009. You decides whether a prosecution over a homicide is justifiable or not is the County Sheriff and local Prosecutor/District Attorney. In the more rural and inland counties going to trial over a righteous shooting is much less likely to happen. It's a huge State with a lot of Counties.

Yes it is! With nearly 40-million people there are counties that have greater populations and land mass than other states in this Union. And with that approximately 75% of the population lives south of Bakersfield and north of the Mexican border. Seventy five percent. That's nearly 30-million people packed into a land mass that's still greater in size than many states. If you get bored take a look at a map of San Bernardino County and calculate how many eastern seaboard sates would fit inside its boundaries.

Last edited by S99VG; 07/31/17.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not long after they changed the law to include defense of property, I recall thinking to myself; yeah, I don’t want to be the guy who tests that.

Well not long afterwards I recall a shooting in Rio Linda (Sacramento county) where some punk teenager was trying to steal a guys POS Subaru wagon. Dood stepped out of his house and killed the guy with a shotgun…I was thinking to myself, oh crap; here we go. He was of course arrested on scene, but he was released in 48 hours with no charges filed. Clearly he kept his mouth shut and let his attorney do the talking. So unless you’re dumb, the law holds up.

I can recall at least two calls where a home owner shot an invader where the home owner wasn’t arrested on scene, and one involved a fatality. That home owner was asked to come down to the Sheriff’s office, but it was of his own will, he wasn’t forded to. I can also recall one very clear cut case of self defense where a PD captain came on scene and directed his officers to arrest the home owner; but I also recall that guy not being charged.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
At a LGS this week, I heard the gun shop owner talking about how California doesn't allow for reasonable self defense, citing the duty to retreat and various other rumors.

Problem is, CA hasn't required a duty to retreat since the late 1970's. In fact, CA lead the nation in the Castle Doctrine within the home, and was one of the first in the nation to do away with the duty to retreat.

In fact, CA is the only state I know of that even allows you to legally pursue an attacker until the threat has passed.

Contrary to what we may think of the Left Coast, as it turns out, CA has rules of deadly force that are consistent with most other states in the nation.

Not that I'm in any hurry to return to CA. But I'm amazed at all the "experts" on CA law, who clearly have never read CA law.

I have several friends in prison right now that defended them selves and several that I know of that were persecuted so bad they never got out of the hole that was dug for them after they defended them selves.

I have been told by several Police Officers that in Cali. you basically have no rights to defend yourself not even in your own home.

Calguns is my only defense if I ever have to defend myself in this screwed up state.

I call bullshit on that. If you have several friends in prison, then they either committed crimes, or ran their mouth after the shooting.

I will tell you about one of my friends. He got Life with out the possibility.
He and his wife got home from a mountain man camp to find out that his neighbor (local Gang Banger and Drug Dealer) was having a party and had his friends park their cars in his driveway and on his front lawn blocking any access to his home.
He went over to the party house and told them to remove their cars from his property and they proceeded to threaten him. ( my friend is a big guy).
So he went home squeezed threw the cars to get into his front door. Called the Police and they told him to handle it himself that they were to busy.

He call a local tow truck company.

After he got off the phone with the tow company the next store neighbor came over to his home with a couple of buddy's and started threatening my friend and his wife. My friend chased them away from his door and told them to get their F'ing vehicle off his property at that time his wife called the Police again and got no response from them.

The gang banger started backing the cars off of his lawn and my friend walked out of his home to tell them to keep moving.

The gang banger put his car in drive and smashed my friend into the corner of his home My friend big and tough got him self up.

And this is were he screwed up.
He went in his home got his 45 out of his pack that was just inside his front door and walked out of his door with it.
the guy driving the car smashed him into the house again when he got up he fired a warning shot in the air.

The guy backed up and slammed him into the house again and when he got up the guy was coming at him again.

He told the police that he was going to shoot another warning shot when the guy hit him again and blam right between the eyes.

Guy was dead friend in jail and they did not release him to the hospital for two days.
This is just one incident that I know about

I say YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT YOURSELF IN COMMUNIST CALIFORNIA

Last edited by funshooter; 07/31/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's some kind of story. Hope Big Squeeze gets out soon.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, crushed between a house and a car,3 times. Is his name Clark, by chance?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Life with out the Possibility of Parole

No his name is not Clark

He is a very big boy and we were told to stop looking for him to visit him. Due to the fact that the family of the gang banger put out a contract on him and they have had to move him around to save his life.

His Wife moves every couple of months and we have lost contact with her as well.

I hope they are still with us but who knows it has been years since this happened.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I will tell you about one of my friends. He got Life with out the possibility.
He and his wife got home from a mountain man camp to find out that his neighbor (local Gang Banger and Drug Dealer) was having a party and had his friends park their cars in his driveway and on his front lawn blocking any access to his home.
He went over to the party house and told them to remove their cars from his property and they proceeded to threaten him. ( my friend is a big guy).
So he went home squeezed threw the cars to get into his front door. Called the Police and they told him to handle it himself that they were to busy.

He call a local tow truck company.

After he got off the phone with the tow company the next store neighbor came over to his home with a couple of buddy's and started threatening my friend and his wife. My friend chased them away from his door and told them to get their F'ing vehicle off his property at that time his wife called the Police again and got no response from them.

The gang banger started backing the cars off of his lawn and my friend walked out of his home to tell them to keep moving.

The gang banger put his car in drive and smashed my friend into the corner of his home My friend big and tough got him self up.

And this is were he screwed up.
He went in his home got his 45 out of his pack that was just inside his front door and walked out of his door with it.
the guy driving the car smashed him into the house again when he got up he fired a warning shot in the air.

The guy backed up and slammed him into the house again and when he got up the guy was coming at him again.

He told the police that he was going to shoot another warning shot when the guy hit him again and blam right between the eyes.

Guy was dead friend in jail and they did not release him to the hospital for two days.
This is just one incident that I know about

I say YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT YOURSELF IN COMMUNIST CALIFORNIA
Unbelievable!!

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

I see what you did there. And it was funny. I don't care who you are.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

TFF.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
RIP squeeze, I wonder if that happened when he came home from the trip where his nephew's told us all he died, but he didn't really.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'll stick with Tennessee, thanks.

Gonna be REAL hard for me to have to kill someone in cali.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

LMAO

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yaaaa, that is some kind of a story alright.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Arnold?
You do know that times change, right?

Arnold Schwarzenegger
there are plenty of good people in CA , you just have to travel inland away from the coast.
I know people in Los Angeles or San Francisco are ass holes but so are people in Port land.

P.

I've heard that, but haven't really found any. Lots of phony people there though, even FAR from the cities. Again, my experience has been that the 'conservatives' are very liberal.

When ones frame of reference betwixt conservative and liberal is the difference between living in San Fran and Redding, it ain't much of a test.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.