Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got this from friend Darby

Comments on the military (in response to the transgender BS)

Nobody has a "right" to serve in the Military. Nobody.

What makes people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer? Very far from it.

The Military uses prejudice regularly and to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short.

Citizens are denied for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers. Poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction? Bad back? Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? Six arms? Hear voices in your head? Self-identify as a Unicorn?

Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair? Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of pushups?

Not really a "morning person" and refuse to get out of bed before noon?
All can be reasons for denial.

The Military has one job. War. Anything else is a distraction and a liability.
Did someone just scream "That isn't Fair"? War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being special or challenged or socially wonderful.

YOU change yourself to meet Military standards. Not the other way around.
I say again: You don't change the Military... you must change yourself.
The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues. The Military needs to Win Wars.

If any of your personal issues are a liability that detract from readiness or lethality... Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors. Who's next ?

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
amen!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Agree!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yup.

Navy wouldn't take me back in '71 because my hearing was already damaged.

Army was glad to have me though!

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good post again, as usual.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Doesn't get any clearer than that !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Spot on and well said. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Yep...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give my regards to your friend Darby...... Wonder where he got it?... Or did he write it?... Either way that thing is spot on.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
diametric to the mission statement of the left. coombyah!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My father was deemed physically ineligible to serve in the military in WW II, and I was deemed physically ineligible to serve in the early 1990's. Disappointing but not all who wish to serve in the military are deemed fit to serve.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
22-250, I got the Transgender - Military Review message from a like-minded fellow veteran, and decided to pass it along to like-minded veterans. Like Terry cool

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I never went for a physical, but I'm pretty sure rampant varicose veins would have disqualified me. Had them since I was 15. Many sheep hunts and "death marches" with heavy packs ensued, no problem. Just got them fixed this spring. I now have purty legs.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sambo3006
My father was deemed physically ineligible to serve in the military in WW II, and I was deemed physically ineligible to serve in the early 1990's. Disappointing but not all who wish to serve in the military are deemed fit to serve.

That runs the gamut from frustrating to heartbreaking. I had a kid in my basic training platoon that had only three fingers on one hand. He could do everything we all did up to that point in Basic where it was discovered by the Commander. The Senior Drill found out and cursed the Recruiter that gave that kid false hopes. The Army clearly had stated that only one finger could be missing from each hand. The kid was processed out despite the NCOs trying to get an exception to policy. That kid really wanted to be there.

And then there was the physically gifted [bleep] that joined the Army only because he wanted to hurt his old man, a active Navy SEAL. When the dirtball faked a suicide attempt my First Sergeant called the dad. The Seal told my First Sergeant to "smoke his bags and don't cut the pussy any slack. Maybe you can make a man out of him; I failed" After his second (faked) suicide attempt this kid, who was so physically fit he could have made it into any assignment, crapped out on everybody because he wanted to be a mall rat and piss off Daddy. The Army regs were clear and the kid had to go. So the Seal and the three fingered kid were both hurt by regulations. But the regs are there for a reason.

What I am trying to say is that it is hard for a large organization, dependent on everyone doing there jobs, to accept everyone, including the marginal Mission capable. Sambo I am sorry you could not get in but thank you for trying. Most of my (California) peer group did coke and chased pussy on their way to MBAs and small fortunes. They never gave Service a thought.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couldn't have said it better.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't have a dog in this particular fight, but it seems to me that such things as flat feet, poor eyesight or being too fat or too short go directly to inherent requirements of the job of a soldier in a combat role, or one who may be called upon to take up a rifle and fight. A background of crimes or drug dependency might also go to your ability to trust them.

In terms of transgender, I wonder if it is quite so clear? I certainly get (and agree with) the arguments against the .gov having to stump up the cost of treatment, and give people time off to get it done. I wouldn't be surprised to find that "transitioning" from male to sort-of female has effects on performance too, though I don't know, but what about a woman taking testosterone? As I remember the Olympic Games of the Cold War era this may arguably more than negative concerns about such a person's physical performance.

I also suspect that this argument falls down even more when applied to homosexuals of both varieties. Leaving aside such things as how others may feel about homosexuals in their midst, I can't really see how the sexual preference adversely affects the ability to perform the inherent functions of a warrior. History is too littered with examples demonstrating that it doesn't.

I should probably also say that I served, but not in your army. When I did serve, sexual relationships between soldiers were barred. I don't recall anyone revealing themself as homosexual, but I wouldn't be surprised to know that some might have been. I personally couldn't care less if they were - not my business either way as far as I'm concerned. IMHO such matters are private, and shouldn't intrude at work. Perhaps if soldiers keep their preferences to themselves while at work, much of the concern goes away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree T lee.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That Darby character is A-OK!

Thanks for the post and the forward from the fine gent! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nice try, Mike - no chance of you getting my chili recipe. FWIW I sent the money back.

Cheers, DARBY

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,962
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.