Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I got to my range today, to sight in my new G40. The RMR sight was a little difficult, as it needed a fair amount of horizontal adjustment. The trigger though is just awful. I believe it's supposed to be 4.5 pounds, but it feels much heavier. Gritty and certainly not smooth with it's release either. I have seen better triggers on a HighPoint pistol. That might not be fair to HighPoint. A seriously crappy trigger, even for a Glock. For a hunting handgun, it's just unacceptable.
I am going to have to change it out for an aftermarket trigger. What would be the recommended replacement? Brand? Parts? Doable in house, or should I farm the work out?

Sam......

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sam, I'm a Glock armorer. Come and see me and we'll get you strait.

Lee

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

Lee

Where is Israel, Florida?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

Lee

Oh! I did not know you were back from vacation. I'll give you a call.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 08/01/17.

Sam......

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sam, I feel your pain. I have yet to see a 4th Generation Glock with a trigger that was anything better than the drizzling $hits. I've been doing some tweaking on my old duty gun, a Glock 35, and still don't have it the way it ought to be. Thinking about just buying one of the Apex triggers to put in it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Lee called me, and said he would start with a 3.5 pound connector and a spring. For you that know Lee, his kind offer is just who he is. He is one of our members that does not post a lot, but is one heck of a human being.

Sam......

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I suggest a gen3 trigger/bar with that as well. A gen 3 trigger bar, "-" connector (factory 3.5 lb), and extra power trigger spring go a long ways to improve a gen4 trigger.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Yondering
I suggest a gen3 trigger/bar with that as well. A gen 3 trigger bar, "-" connector (factory 3.5 lb), and extra power trigger spring go a long ways to improve a gen4 trigger.

This, ^^^, except I've been using the ZevTech V4 connector...............I've done quite a few with that connector & the other above parts, along with a little polishing & all have been had very usable triggers in the end.

MM

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
This isn't the first time I have heard about Gen 4 Glock triggers. My g35 is a little tough even with the 3.5 Ghost.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Yondering

This, ^^^, except I've been using the ZevTech V4 connector...............I've done quite a few with that connector & the other above parts, along with a little polishing & all have been had very usable triggers in the end.

MM

Yeah I thought about mentioning different aftermarket connectors too but wanted to keep it simple. One of the aftermarket versions with an overtravel stop can help a bunch too, but needs to be tuned right so it doesn't cause malfunctions. I haven't used the Zev connector but a buddy has their full kit in one of his and likes it; it feels pretty good to me too.

Viking - when Glock made the gen 4 grip smaller (a good improvement IMO), that changed the angle of the trigger connector housing. If you're familiar with how Glock triggers work, you know that angle is what varies between different weight connectors, so gen4 triggers tend to feel heavier than gen3. The trigger bar is slightly different too, and I've found in most cases installing a gen3 trigger bar improves the feel; sometimes it's just a tiny difference but other times it's dramatic.

The nice thing about these pistols is that parts like this are easy to change, readily available, and fairly cheap.

Last edited by Yondering; 08/01/17.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by viking
This isn't the first time I have heard about Gen 4 Glock triggers. My g35 is a little tough even with the 3.5 Ghost.

Learn the trigger. Plenty good for what it's designed for.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I put a bunch of parts in my G3 from Zev. Like them much. Didn't buy the whole trigger kit because I really didn't need the new shoe etc. It made my G19 better but it's not perfect.

Travis Haley's group has a trigger kit that's supposed to make them close to a 1911 but I can't confirm. Talk/banter about if it's safe or not - would think that in today's environment, if it wasn't safe - we'd know quick and it would have been yanked.

Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Once you switch out the parts dry-fire for a decent amount of time to make sure all the parts have seated with one another. I've found Glock triggers, and Glock trigger enhancement parts, respond well to dry-firing.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
while parts are 'easy' to switch out, the average guy just does not have the experience or knowledge to do most of the needed changes. I shot off an email to Glock USA about this. For a pistol that retails near $800 bucks, it's damn near criminal to provide said pistol with a piece of chit trigger. They have to know that their product sucks in this respect. I guess they just don't care. No pride in their product at Glock. If a simple thing like a swapped part can make such a dramatic improvement, then why does Glock just not provide a decent part in the first place. Geez.

Sam......

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I just purchased a Glock 17 gen4 Blue Label
I have to say out of the box it had a good trigger.
The trigger broke at 5.5 lbs more then except able for a service weapon. I did a few fast up grades got the. Trigger down to 3.5 lbs.
First change out the dot connector to Glock minus 3.5 but it really is 4.5 pounds. I also polish all moving parts and drop the striker spring to 4.5 lbs.
I also have a gen3 19 service weapon for past 25 years.
Glock pistol are simply to work on

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I bought my daughter a Gen 4 G17 last year and my wife a Gen 4 G19. The G17's trigger was pretty gritty so I bought a Pyramid trigger group for it. After adjusting for overtravel the trigger is pretty dang good for a Glock. My wife's G19 came out of the box with a decent trigger so I left it alone. At self-defense distances my wife can knock the eyes out of a silhouette target. She can keep a bowling pin swinging at 25 yards, hitting while it's moving with very few misses. No need to change her trigger.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What do you consider the G40 MOS designed for?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What do you consider the G40 MOS designed for?

I'm unaware of any off-the-shelf Glock handguns that come from the factory with anything but a standard Glock trigger. Said triggers aren't designed for bullseye matches but, assuming no manufacture defects, can be mastered adequately for practical defensive shooting, which is the design purpose of their handguns, to include the trigger mechanisms they come with.

If you want a 1911, get one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe anything was ever mentioned about this G40 MOS being used for self defense.

Hunting was the application from the get go, I believe.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
its sad to hear this, as I too am considering a Glock 40 MOS, I had a brand new Gen4 17 that I shot side by side with my gen3 model 17, I just could not shoot it as good so I sold it. I recently bought a used Gen4 model 27 and that trigger is not too bad for some reason and the gun is about as accurate as my Kimber 1911. To your point spending $750 bucks on a gun and getting one with a really bad trigger should not happen.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.