Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I don't believe anything was ever mentioned about this G40 MOS being used for self defense.

Hunting was the application from the get go, I believe.

Perhaps a different gun, then. Glocks are not designed as primary hunting arms. I don't see the need to convert them into that when there are so many guns more suitable. But your mileage may vary.

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by viking
This isn't the first time I have heard about Gen 4 Glock triggers. My g35 is a little tough even with the 3.5 Ghost.

Learn the trigger. Plenty good for what it's designed for.

What do you consider the G40 MOS designed for?

I'm unaware of any off-the-shelf Glock handguns that come from the factory with anything but a standard Glock trigger. Said triggers aren't designed for bullseye matches but, assuming no manufacture defects, can be mastered adequately for practical defensive shooting, which is the design purpose of their handguns, to include the trigger mechanisms they come with.

If you want a 1911, get one.

Apparently Glock disagrees with your design critique:

Originally Posted by Glock
The G40 Gen4 in MOS configuration is a powerful yet easily carried pistol; perfect for the outdoorsperson, hunter and sport shooter. It is designed to give the handgun hunter the ultimate choice in semi-automatic gaming pistol and has proven to be more than capable of taking down game such as Whitetail Deer, Russian Boar and even Feral Hogs.

That's why I asked a simple question that you seem to read more into.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
When I get another Glock, a police trade in G23 it will be a Gen 3.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I still prefer the gen4 models for the other improvements, as all Glocks (and most other pistols too) benefit from trigger improvements anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the G4's better too.

If there's one thing that I've learned from handling & owning a fair number of Glocks, it's that's there's a lot of variance from gun to gun on how good the triggers are from the factory.

Really doesn't bother me, as I'm always going to fix it to my liking anyway, but the amount of variance is really more that it should be.

I also hate the serrated triggers as well & change them as part of any improvements.

MM

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sam,

i put a 3.5# ghost trigger in all mine. i really like them

FJB
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
[/quote]
Perhaps a different gun, then. Glocks are not designed as primary hunting arms. I don't see the need to convert them into that when there are so many guns more suitable. But your mileage may vary. [/quote]

After all these long painful years you are still the biggest dumbass on the fire! And your opinion on what a Glock is and what it was meant for means what? Doodle squat! Crawl back under your rock douchebag! 😂😂😂

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am curious how accurate one of the Glock 40 MOS pistols actually is with decent ammo? Can you shoot a 3 inch group off of a rest?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am curious how accurate one of the Glock 40 MOS pistols actually is with decent ammo? Can you shoot a 3 inch group off of a rest?

when I sighted in the RMR Trijicon dot sight on mine the other day, I was shooting three shot groups off a rest. Best at 25 yards was 1 inch. Average of 6 groups was about 1.5 inches, maybe a little more. Worst group was three inches.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 08/03/17.

Sam......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
thank you. I am convinced to try one of these, I love my 629 44 magnum but don't carry it when I carry my hunting rifles due to weight, this is a good deal lighter and may present a better opportunity for me to shoot a deer with a pistol! The cabella's RMR sounds like a good choice as well.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What distance for a 3" group? 50 yards? Yes. It will shoot 1" groups at 10 yards. It's more accurate than any revolver I've ever shot. Well any revolver using all the chambers.

For a simple, drop in trigger, I like the Vogel Competition trigger kits. They come complete and literally drop in. Youtube will show you how to take the old one out and put the new one it. It's super simple and the only tool you need is a brass punch. The Vogel kits come with multiple springs so you can tune it exactly how you want.

They are pricey, but they are drop in and performance is great. As others have said, you can buy the parts and a polish a few bearing surfaces and accomplish the same thing for a lot less. Not hard to do, but more time consuming.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
thank you. I am convinced to try one of these, I love my 629 44 magnum but don't carry it when I carry my hunting rifles due to weight, this is a good deal lighter and may present a better opportunity for me to shoot a deer with a pistol! The cabella's RMR sounds like a good choice as well.

my G40, with a full magazine, the RMR sight and light weighs in at about 3.25 pounds. It's not a light weight.

Sam......

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I always had problem with the Glock 19 gen3 seem the Palm grip swell never did fit my hand.
The Glock 17 gen4 is another story I shot the gun with out any grip add on to me seem my shots went left of the bulleye.
I did correct the problem I did add the medium grip panel to the frame shots all center .

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I got to my range today, to sight in my new G40. The RMR sight was a little difficult, as it needed a fair amount of horizontal adjustment. The trigger though is just awful. I believe it's supposed to be 4.5 pounds, but it feels much heavier. Gritty and certainly not smooth with it's release either. I have seen better triggers on a HighPoint pistol. That might not be fair to HighPoint. A seriously crappy trigger, even for a Glock. For a hunting handgun, it's just unacceptable.
I am going to have to change it out for an aftermarket trigger. What would be the recommended replacement? Brand? Parts? Doable in house, or should I farm the work out?

Huh!? Mine's pretty good.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
well lucky you Ricky. lol

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hopefully Lee can get it dialed in with the Ghost parts, Sam.

Good luck, buddy. Hoping to hear some good reports on trigger.. and extended slide stop. Accuracy sounds acceptable. Would expect at least some improvement with trigger parts upgrade.

Give me a shout and let me know when your heading back down to Bro's Holler. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
What distance for a 3" group? 50 yards? Yes. It will shoot 1" groups at 10 yards. It's more accurate than any revolver I've ever shot. Well any revolver using all the chambers.

For a simple, drop in trigger, I like the Vogel Competition trigger kits. They come complete and literally drop in. Youtube will show you how to take the old one out and put the new one it. It's super simple and the only tool you need is a brass punch. The Vogel kits come with multiple springs so you can tune it exactly how you want.

They are pricey, but they are drop in and performance is great. As others have said, you can buy the parts and a polish a few bearing surfaces and accomplish the same thing for a lot less. Not hard to do, but more time consuming.

any idea how to compare the apex glock trigger to the vogel trigger? I have tried ghost and zev and they are OK but something more is always better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

any idea how to compare the apex glock trigger to the vogel trigger? I have tried ghost and zev and they are OK but something more is always better.

You'll get faster/shorter reset with the Apex, but it needs some of the other parts that come with the Vogel kit (see below).

If you're just adding the Zev or Ghost connector, you really need to also polish the bearing surface that the connector rides against, polish or better yet, replace the safety plunger & spring, replace the FP spring & replace the trigger spring, actually with a heavier spring...............sounds like the wrong way but it's not.

Just replacing connectors alone won't get you very much.

MM

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've tried the APEX on S&W's but not a Glock. They have strong following, but not entirely warranted in my opinion. They are way better than the stock S&W triggers, but still not awesome. You'll never get a crisp break on a Glock, like that of a 1911. It's been a while since I measured the trigger pulls, but I think the stock G40 was around 5.5-6lbs and the Vogel brought it down to around 3.5-4lbs. The reset is crisp and the take up as minimal as it can be for half-cocked striker fired pistol. They are very smooth, that's for sure.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
we need to talk, I looked at a G40MOS today, like Mannlicher said a heavy gun however I may move in that direction this heavy spring to go lighter is an interesting but counter intuitive concept. I am still not sold on the MOS deal yet and thinking I may buy the cheap $250 SIG Romeo 1. I like the battery being on the top as well.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (007FJ, 22250rem, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,478
Posts18,490,006
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.