Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Oh and by the way, doctors that enable this bullshit are most of the problem and certainly culpable.
[/quote]

Might want to put some of the blame here to:
https://pjmedia.com/parenting/2017/...-genitals-dont-make-you-a-boy-or-a-girl/

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EZEARL

Oh and by the way, doctors that enable this bullshit are most of the problem and certainly culpable.

They don't get a referral without the say-so of a head-doctor.

Last edited by JSTUART; 08/07/17.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are what you were born with baring some drastic accident. The rest need help.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If some goose wants to cut his dick off then I could not care less, but I get real [bleep] when I am expected to buy into his silly ideas.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by EZEARL

They don't get a referral without the say-so of a head-doctor.

[quote=JSTUART][quote=EZEARL]

The problem starts long before a doctor becomes involved though. F'n parents need to be seeing a doctor.

IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

If some goose wants to cut his dick off then I could not care less, but I get real [bleep] when I am expected to buy into his silly ideas.

Exactly right. They can get psychiatric help if they want it, we don't "need" to get it for them. If they mind their own business and can let by in this world on their own, then I'm happy to leave them to it. As long as I'm not told I have to pay them money or told which terms I must or may not use, I simply put it in the category of none of my business. Lots of things in this world that warrent my attention and may actually make a difference in my life, this isn't one of them.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
One discovery of science that is absolutely proven is what makes male and what makes female. Female eggs have two X chromosomes. Male sperm can have either an X or a Y. So the fertilized egg becomes either XX or XY. XX is female. XY is male.

Period. No ifs, ands, or buts.

It does not matter if you take hormones, dress in drag, have an operation, or change your name. You can't change your sex. There is no such thing as "transgender."

Instead of enabling disturbed people who think otherwise, we should get them psychiatric help.

And what about the individuals that are XXY or XXYY?

What about intersex, or hermaphroditic individuals?

There are plenty of ifs, ands, and buts to chromosomal development. Trans genderism can be biologically caused, granted not at anywhere near the rate it is thanks to the snowflakes, but there are legitimate chromosomal anomolies that can lead to it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

I swear to God there are more quacks in the medical professions now than 200 years ago.

Weren't they using leaches to bleed the bad blood out of people 200 years ago?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RickyD

I swear to God there are more quacks in the medical professions now than 200 years ago.

Yes, and now they use them at the receptionists desk to bleed coin from my wallet.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Yes, and now they use them at the receptionists desk to bleed coin from my wallet.

We don't have all the fancy exotic insects you folks are blessed with. Ours just use collection agencies. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by midget
One discovery of science that is absolutely proven is what makes male and what makes female. Female eggs have two X chromosomes. Male sperm can have either an X or a Y. So the fertilized egg becomes either XX or XY. XX is female. XY is male.

It does not matter if you take hormones, dress in drag, have an operation, or change your name. You can't change your sex. There is no such thing as "transgender."

Instead of enabling disturbed people who think otherwise, we should get them psychiatric help.

There are plenty of ifs, ands, and buts to chromosomal development. Trans genderism can be biologically caused, granted not at anywhere near the rate it is thanks to the snowflakes, but there are legitimate chromosomal anomolies that can lead to it.

I would think those cases are VERY rare. Maybe I'm full of it, I dunno. Even so, I'm willing to certainly give credibility to those people who are legitimately "different". Manufacturing what could be considered a disability, is goofy. Anyways, I doubt there are statistically "plenty" of chromosomal abnormalities.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Those who are genderless or of an ambiguous sexuality have my sincere and unreserved sympathy for their plight, and I have not one seconds hesitation following with my tax dollars...but there is no damn way I want to fund some bastard having gratuitous cosmetic surgery because he wants to take a dick up his arse.

What these people do is their business, what they do with my coin or freedom of speech is mine.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There's no such thing as "transgender".

Just fugged up individuals.

They need to wrap their minds around what they are in reality for cryin' out loud. I mean I wish I could be a pro baseball player. But saying that I'm Babe Ruth don't make it so...

Exactly. Spend sh*t loads of money, whether yours or mine (taxes), for surgery and drugs rather than treat the mental disorder for what it is. And his name is Bruce.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There's no such thing as "transgender".

Just fugged up individuals.

They need to wrap their minds around what they are in reality for cryin' out loud. I mean I wish I could be a pro baseball player. But saying that I'm Babe Ruth don't make it so...

Exactly. Spend sh*t loads of money, whether yours or mine (taxes), for surgery and drugs rather than treat the mental disorder for what it is. And his name is Bruce.

Yep...unless HE found a way to change HIS DNA.....

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

DNA has two strands, not three or four. You can't get XXY or XXYY.

As for hermaphrodites, if such are even possible among humans, it is akin to calves being born with two heads. It would NOT be a case of choice or how one feels.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Not completely true. The actual region on the Y chromosome known as the Testis Determining Factor (TDF) is really quite small. There are women born who have XY chromosomes but are missing that tiny portion. Conversely there are men who are XX but do have that tiny portion. Recombination during meiosis can do some crazy things. Not saying this is why they are transgender. I firmly believe many have some mental illness but the chromosomal part is not as simple as you might think. Did my Masters Degree on the TDF in mice!

You can get XXY, look up Turners Syndrome. The chromosomes are independent variables. We have 46 in the normal condition but you can get extras or deletions. Down's Syndrome is caused by an extra 23rd chromosome. Also known as Trisomy 21. Ambiguous sex organs also occurs. Sex is assigned by the doctor depending upon how close the organ is to one or the other. They don't usually check the genetics. Bottom line though is most are just regular people with a mental issue.

NoCAL

Last edited by NoCAL; 08/07/17.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hear when the new DSM Manual comes out they will have their own new diagnostic category...

"Whack-o"

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NoCAL

Not completely true. The actual region on the Y chromosome known as the Testis Determining Factor (TDF) is really quite small. There are women born who have XY chromosomes but are missing that tiny portion. Conversely there are men who are XX but do have that tiny portion. Recombination during meiosis can do some crazy things. Not saying this is why they are transgender. I firmly believe many have some mental illness but the chromosomal part is not as simple as you might think. Did my Masters Degree on the TDF in mice!

You can get XXY, look up Turners Syndrome. The chromosomes are independent variables. We have 46 in the normal condition but you can get extras or deletions. Down's Syndrome is caused by an extra 23rd chromosome. Also known as Trisomy 21. Ambiguous sex organs also occurs. Sex is assigned by the doctor depending upon how close the organ is to one or the other. They don't usually check the genetics. Bottom line though is most are just regular people with a mental issue.

NoCAL

Turning our society and culture on its head isn't the solution to the fact that, in very rare cases, deformities great and small will occur.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

DNA has two strands, not three or four. You can't get XXY or XXYY.

As for hermaphrodites, if such are even possible among humans, it is akin to calves being born with two heads. It would NOT be a case of choice or how one feels.

DNA has nothing to do with it. We are talking chromosomes. A correctly formed human will have 46 chromosomes.

XXY is listed as a genetic defect, 47, XXY or Klinefelters Syndrome. It occurs at the rate of about 1 in 500 to 1,000 male births. 48, XXYY or 48 chromosomal pairs occurs in 1 in 50,000 to 100,000 male births.

Intersex or pseudo-hermaphroditism is actually more common, 1 in 200 to 500 male or female births, caused by protein or hormone deficiencies during meiosis. Most often this is corrected surgically at birth by removing or correcting the unwanted sex organ, which is hopefully the biologically right one, and not the one the parents want to raise the child as.

So there is some scientific basis for trans-gender, as we develop more accurate scientific and medical testing and knowledge.

That being said, most are just nuckin' futs, but if they want to mutilate themselves on their own dime, go for it. Life, liberty all that stuff. They just shouldn't expect or demand special dispensation because, snowflake.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

"WIll you be paying with a credit card today?" Only business I know of where you pay before you receive service. Only reason I bring that up is, if a doctor makes me wait more than 30 minutes, I get up and leave.

It's a bitch to ask for a refund from people who don't understand the concept. But it does present the opportunity to explain to the receptionist that my time is as valuable as the doctor's, and they can call me back when the doctor has time to see me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

314 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 33 invisible), 1,829 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,623
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.