Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yes, I sometimes carry an old Case 'Lockhorn"

Trump Won!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I tend to loose pocket knives, so I get the chance to use several types. I do normally carry a jack knife of some sort...usually Case or such, but have tried Trappers before too.

Next to a bull skeleton in Cliff Creek Wyoming, there's 2 expensive pocket knives right now. By the time I realized they got left behind, I was too tired to go back just for them. Hopefully I can find them this fall and see how they weathered the winter. Should be a good test for their quality.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad is a very simple guy and I gave him one of these Gerber's about 10 years ago for Xmas, he loves it and I certainly see the benefit of replaceable blades.

[Linked Image]

I like simple myself and with dozens of EDC knives prefer baby Sodbuster's but it's hard not to carry my Dowell folder.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1

Looks like most of the above kinves have not been carried or used, let alone sharpened.

This better?
[Linked Image]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Looks like it is used , sharpened and carried.
I wore out a good many Case trappers, sharpened so much blades looked like a needle.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I seem to alternate between these two. The Schrade 80T Old Timer I've had since my early 20's. It replaced one just like it I had as a kid and has survived a flooded basement. The blade is a bit stained from the few days of being in the silt but otherwise serviceable. The Gerber I got 25 years ago for extending a magazine subscription an extra couple of years. It's been a good knife.

[Linked Image]

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Moore Maker Trapper is always in my right hand pocket.

The Stockman wore holes in my pockets.

Moore Maker moose pattern here... you know that there are 2 grades of Moore Maker knives? The ones with plastic scales and the ones with real bone and very good carbon steel blades... quality and worth every penny IMHO.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mart
I seem to alternate between these two. The Schrade 80T Old Timer I've had since my early 20's. It replaced one just like it I had as a kid and has survived a flooded basement. The blade is a bit stained from the few days of being in the silt but otherwise serviceable. The Gerber I got 25 years ago for extending a magazine subscription an extra couple of years. It's been a good knife.

[Linked Image]

That Gerber has seen a stone or two!

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
O
I never leave the House without one ,part of getting dressed, Buck 505 Small size but Quality . I couldn't count how many times my Wife has asked for it when we are out and she needed one.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Mart,

Bought a Gerber 300 at Freddies in Fairbanks years ago. It was a Federal .22 promotion. About time to retire it. I sold all my old well used pocket knives at gun shows . No use for non- lockers.

Never had any use for a dull pocket knife.

Attached Images
IMG_2047.jpg (73 KB, 29 downloads)
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Currently, a Case mini-trapper. The full-sized trappers wear holes in my pockets.
My favorite was a Moore-Maker Mini Trapper with buffalo horn scales - stolen out of my baggage on a trip to Chicago several years ago. I couldn't find one when I returned, so wound up with the Case.
I've carried a knife since I was five. Naked without my glasses, knife, wallet, or pen. I'd rather forget my hearing aids than any of the above. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yeah, I carried it as my only pocket knife for years. The Old Timer was in a box after I cleaned it up from the flood and only came across it a couple of years back. The Gerber was my everything knife back in my trapping days and has skinned hundreds of coyotes and beaver, and not a few deer. I never carried a belt knife when I deer hunted, just kept the Gerber sharp.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buck 501

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by EdM
Nope. Don't have a need for a daily pocket knife. Never have.

Ha, I know you. The guy who says "Does anyone have a pocket knife". 😀

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Either a Leatherman or a Case, or both.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
New kid at work, just graduated HS, asked me to borrow my pocketknife the other day. When I asked where his was he replied that he didn't carry one. I assured him that it would be okay because he could borrow mine this time and someday his nuts would drop and he could carry a knife of his own.

My checklist for a long time before I could leave the house was to feel my pockets and make sure I had my phone, knife, glasses, and snuff. Don't need glasses any more and gave up the Copenhagen but you can be damn sure that if I've got pants on there's a knife in them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1

Looks like it is used , sharpened and carried.
I wore out a good many Case trappers, sharpened so much blades looked like a needle.

Sharpen it enough that every now and then I have to do a little grinder work towards the rear of the blade so the tip isn't snagging everything when closed.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Currently rotating between these three. Always try to have a knife handy - kind of a boy scout, "always prepared" thing.

[Linked Image]

T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
I like the rams horn. What brand are they?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My two grandfathers and my father carried Barlow style pocketknives, so do I.

Old Timer Barlow.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,176 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,957
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.