-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First shower I've seen just blew through, looks like the first sustained rain'll be here in about an hour. Wind 20-35.

I hope Rog chimes in. 80mph in Corpus!

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by byc
Cat 4 NOW!

Yup, and Cantore is still standing out in it.

come on driftwood...

Looks like landfall (this time) is at Rockport. They're still talking about it strengthening more and then moving back out into the Gulf before making landfall somewhere along the coast east of there, maybe Galveston.

Ed

Any heavy flying trash would work! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
...Can anyone in the area find him and start hucking stuff his direction?
You'd almost have to be in the water. The moron is standing on Shoreline Blvd which is right on the water.

Besides, most everyone I know down there has a beer (or something stronger) in their hand. Never waste a good drink.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Prayin for y'all! Please be safe!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by isaac
Put those generators on stilts, gents!

You know, there was a time when generators weren't even invented. There is life without electricity even though I reside in the humidity of the Gulf Coast. Miserable, yes but not a death blow.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Now reports of tornadoes and tornado warnings. A tornado damaged a McDonalds in Galveston a little while ago and two cells NW of Rockport are showing circulation on radar.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Now reports of tornadoes and tornado warnings. A tornado damaged a McDonalds in Galveston a little while ago and two cells NW of Rockport are showing circulation on radar.

Ed

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Texas officials insisting those who did not evacuate write their names and SS numbers on their arms just in case.

Pretty ominous message!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just drove to my sons apartment and picked him up, winds about 70-75. i'm going to be off for a while to save batttery on the laptop. lost power.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Im up here at the ranch and have The weather channel on. I never watch this channel. Just have one question. Who the hell is that moron standing out in the wind spouting off all that blatherscipe??? What an idiot!!!

Cantore. He stood on Seawall Blvd in Galveston when Ike was pushing the initial storm surge and splashing water up on the road. He kept going on & on about how the 17' tall seawall was being breached by these massive waves. The seawall tailrace is 17', only 8' +/-, of which is vertical. The remainder is horizontal & buried under the sand.

So, those massive waves were no where near 17'. Anybody that has ever been to Galveston could plainly see that.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by byc
Texas officials insisting those who did not evacuate write their names and SS numbers on their arms just in case.

Pretty ominous message!!

Geez. I just commuted 60 miles from Houston toward Freeport, west to work for the night shift. I got rained on and the wind blew. Just another day on the Gulf Coast.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Reloader 28! Yup! A moron!!!

Be careful Roger!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by byc

Pretty ominous message!!

Oh for fugk sake.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by byc

Pretty ominous message!!

Geez. I just commuted 60 miles from Houston toward Freeport, west to work for the night shift. I got rained on and the wind blew. Just another day on the Gulf Coast.

It was mayor of Rockport . I heard it too!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

Pretty ominous message!!

Nothing like a rosy outlook and attitude for your constituency!

Idiot.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Prayers sent for all in the path of Harvey stay safe.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I hadn't heard about the SS on the arm deal? Rockport is full of artsy types, he might have been having some fun with them? I live a few miles from Freeport, barely raining now, wind has died - was blowing pretty strong a little earlier. We lost power for about a hour, but it is back on now - for now. Not too bad, really.

Mike

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
National Weather Service predicts and warns of "immense human suffering" in store for those in the storms path and not evacuating.

For real!?? How do they already know this? Do they just want to be right about their earlier predictions?

Go Nats!!!!

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by byc

Pretty ominous message!!

Nothing like a rosy outlook and attitude for your constituency!

Idiot.

He's just making sure his constituency is aware of the danger. The Texas coast where Harvey is going to hit is barely above sea level and flat. The locals in Part Aransas have been told to expect a storm surge of 6-12 feet and winds of 125mph with gusts of 155mph. Category 3 Hurricane Allen hit South Padre Island in 1980 and the whole island was covered with 12 feet of water. Almost all the homes were destroyed. Harvey is a Category 4 tornado now.

Last edited by victoro; 08/25/17.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
I hadn't heard about the SS on the arm deal? Rockport is full of artsy types, he might have been having some fun with them? I live a few miles from Freeport, barely raining now, wind has died - was blowing pretty strong a little earlier. We lost power for about a hour, but it is back on now - for now. Not too bad, really.

Mike

Oh they were very specific. Even asked that you use a sharpie!! Shocked they did not specify color based on your color.

Godspeed folks. You'll get through this. Most good Fire members are here to assist where needed.

Hang tough!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 12 of 36 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 35 36

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,676
Posts18,513,311
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.