Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Toyota's are not trucks--- that the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Tundra-- the truck the rest want to be!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't buy a vehicle to support or espouse my political leanings. i buy them to haul me and my family safely and reliably from point A to point B. whatever one does that the best gets my money.

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
cra1948, With my retirement on the horizon....we bought a 2013 Toyota 4 Runner. Figured it would be nearly paid off at retirement and with Toyota's track record.... They can bury me in it! It will probably be used up in about 30 years...much like me! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The UAW building over in Marshalltwon always had a sign that said "Foreign-Made Vehicles Park in Back". I was always sort of intrigued by the idea of a member collapsing outside the front door and a foreign-made ambulance pulling around back or of a fire in the front of the building with the foreign-made fire truck pulling around back.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Ho Lee Chit, these always turn out the same.

I'm the smartest guy in the room. You don't know what the fuqq you're talking about.
Only my experience matters. Your's can't possible be relevant because you're an idiot.
I'm smart because I chose Brand X. You're an ignorant fuqq because you chose something different.
American car companies want to fugg the consumer in the azz with wild abandon. Import car companies love you and will help you raise your children.
I once owned Brand X in 1837 and it was a royal piece of chit, so I'll only fart in their general direction now. By extension, anyone who drives that make is an absolute moron.

Just needed repeating.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Yeah, right!

Until you try to set 8000 lbs in the bed and/or hook an 18000 lb trailer to the ball hitch.

Been doing both with my REAL 3/4 ton pickups (GMC and Dodge) for thirty years. Only after market parts added were helper springs or air bags.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
People that buy foreign cars, and send their money to the foreign companies, love these lists.
It makes them feel better.

It's darn near impossible to buy anything with more than a couple components that's 100% American.

I agree, and people seem to forget that Government Motors said they wouldn't file bankruptcy if they got help. So obama gave them 2 loans (which they paid back); along with 1.5 Billion dollars (which wasn't a loan and they didn't pay back); used taxpayers money to buy 500 million shares of GM stock (when it was sold we taxpayers lost 10.5 Billion dollars); appointed a CEO, president, whatever and fired him- then appointed another and this one after a few years was elected to the position so it wouldn't look so bad; and GM still filed bankruptcy.

This makes them feel better.

Makes me feel like those fuggers owe me a Corvette since my taxes paid for one.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'll keep buying Ford trucks. You Toyota buyers are brain washed. Yes I have had Toyota trucks. My daughters 2009 Rav 4 has all the paint peeling off in big sheets. Internet says its a problem with the white color that Toyota won't issue a recall on. I could go on. Toyota's aren't better. For the money they aren't the value of American trucks. I haven't had a problem with Ford trucks in 30 years of use - 85,87,2007,2014. Also won't buy Government Motors products.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yeah, right!

Until you try to set 8000 lbs in the bed and/or hook an 18000 lb trailer to the ball hitch.

Been doing both with my REAL 3/4 ton pickups (GMC and Dodge) for thirty years. Only after market parts added were helper springs or air bags.

Ever tried it with a Tundra?

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
My wife Has a 2013 Grand Cherokee 60K problem free Miles..

Anyone that Thinks a Toyota is Better than any other Brand should seek Help......

I had a 2003 Grand Cherokee. Truly a piece of crap. $8K in broken stuff in 60K miles. Shocks, disc rotors, a/c system, wheel bearings (2), sunroof leaks. I had enough.

Bought an 08 4Runner. 150K trouble free motoring.

Don't know what I'll buy next but it sure won't be a GM or Chrysler vehicle.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
My wife Has a 2013 Grand Cherokee 60K problem free Miles..

Anyone that Thinks a Toyota is Better than any other Brand should seek Help......

I had a 2003 Grand Cherokee. Truly a piece of crap. $8K in broken stuff in 60K miles. Shocks, disc rotors, a/c system, wheel bearings (2), sunroof leaks, I had enough.

Bought an 08 4Runner. 15K trouble free motoring.

Don't know what I'll buy next but it sure won't be a GM or Chrysler vehicle.

Amen

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will just stay with my 63 chevy pu.and my 68 Ford Mustang.

I think it's safe to say they were both made in the usa.
However i do like my 2 year old Ford f-150 but i don't know where it's parts were made.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Yeah, right!

Ever tried it with a Tundra?

I am not stupid enough to try with a Tundra which I paid for. Have you got one you would like to test? Would you volunteer to drive it down 6 mile of twisting 7% grade including numerous hairpin turns with the aforementioned trailer attached?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No matter how they advertise it, the Tundra is a 1/2 ton. Treat it like one and it'll last a long time. Use it like a 3/4 or 1 ton and it'll fall apart. A 1/2 ton Ford, Dodge, or Chevy won't hold up under that either.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
To my knowledge, lots of people in lots of places build trucks.

But I have never seen a pickup that you could use as a truck come from anywhere but America's big three.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Real men drive pickups and whether you got a Chevy, Ford or Dodge, I doubt you would be disappointed. Toyotas are not trucks, they are a station wagon with 4 wheel drive. If that is what you like, you can drive it, but don't try to pull a fully loaded toyhauler beyond the parking lot.

I've had a lot more experience than a "sample of 1" in this regard. I've seen enough of the Ford, Chevy and Dodge pickups that my brothers and I and one of my sons have run over the years and been able to compare them to the Tundras that my other son (the smart one) and I have owned and currently own to call absolute bullschit on that statement.
Actually, HE"s right and you're statement's bullschit...

Info: Jan 25, 2017 - All of these elements allow the 5.7-liter Tundra to tow up to 10,500 pounds with a maximum payload of 2,080 pounds.
How much can the Tundra tow?

My truck's rated to pull #26,500 5er and a payload of over #5,000.. See chart:

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources...es/16RV&TT_Ford_SuperDtyPU_Sep28.pdf

Oh, and I drive a Ford.. And my toyhauler's GVW is #18K.. Your Tundra would fold like a cheap tent... smile smile

Last edited by Redneck; 08/28/17.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,627
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.