-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had an issue at the house while the wife was home Monday which has led me to wanting a few cameras around the outside of the house. We do have an alarm system but know that can only do so much and a thug can be in and out before police show most times.

Does anybody have their own wireless camera system, running 4 or more cameras, an app to notify my phone and any other extras I cannot think of right now?

Wife wants the alarm company to Install a set up but still waiting on them to shoot me a monthly price. Her reasoning is so that they maintain it If anything should go wrong.

Any other input appreciated.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Haven't done it yet, but I'm putting a couple of these up.

https://ring.com/floodlightcam

Last edited by RickyD; 08/30/17.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've had the Arlo Pro cameras at my house since April and am pretty happy so far...

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Make sure that the data sent from the Cameras is encrypted with at least a user id and password. Otherwise the results might not be pretty

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have three of these set up and will soon be adding a fourth.
https://nest.com/camera/meet-nest-cam/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3t7kx5z_1QIVRJF

They also have an outdoor set

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I have the Nest system. Easy to set up. You can view all your cameras from your cell phone and get notifications if anything moves or if it detects the sound of a dog barking. It records everything too, so you can view what you were alerted to. You can set it to automatically shut off on your return and turn on when you leave.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tag

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geez I can't recall the name of the wireless system I bought at Sams club for my work place, but I took it back and installed a wired security system with 8 cameras I'll try and look thru receipts to see if I can Find brand names at work later.

Sams has some good stuff in that dept.

Security outfit here told me to check them out as they wanted 12k to install a system for us

Our other biz has guardian security alarms on all doors and windows which they monitor and call us about

3-4 times a year I have to run down there in the middle of the night or wee hours to check and see that some jabroni just rattled a door or window trying to get in.

Once a trooper was there as a door was wide open, but he couldn't enter without backup. Told him if I'm not back in a few minutes I'm hoping you'll come in locked and loaded . Can't blame him, it's dept policy and just stuff, stuff we've worked our whole lives to acquire. Glad no one was in the bldg

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good info ....thanks.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Honeywell just came out with a new line of WiFi enabled home video cameras.

https://yourhome.honeywell.com/lyric-c1-wifi-security-camera

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Looks like inside only.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Wife has Q-see cameras at her business a gymnastics gym, we put cameras inside and out. Also the barn where the girls have their horses have the same cameras. Cameras came from Amazon, 6-8 camera system for less than 500.00

She is able to view everyone of her cameras on her cell phone and I pad. She can see what is going on at her gym and barn, and it has eased her mind..

Don't gobble at me
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag ...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have the Nest indoor camera that i am happy with. I got some info from Nest about an outdoor system but haven't looked into them yet. They do charge you for Cloud storage - I have a plan where they store the past 10 days of video for $100/year.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I;m using the Blink system. It's wireless but the camera's do need to be within range of a WIFI and the control unit needs a 110 outlet (not the cameras tho). It has cameras for both inside and outside and no monthly charges. I've had very good results from my units.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
You are correct, Ricky. Those cameras are intended for indoor use only. They will soon be introducing a line for outdoor use, but it is not ready yet.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CraigD
I have the Nest indoor camera that i am happy with. I got some info from Nest about an outdoor system but haven't looked into them yet. They do charge you for Cloud storage - I have a plan where they store the past 10 days of video for $100/year.

That's the plan I use. The other plan is $200.00 per year for storing 30 days.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (10ring1, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 1,942 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,760
Posts18,476,494
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.