-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This seems to be a copy/paste exercise in futility by the SAME antifa bum who claims to be a native of TWO neighboring North Texas counties, but it's a harbinger of the never-sleeping mission-creep of the communists. I suspect this is a nationwide campaign that is ultimately traceable back to the usual suspects.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/she...he-confederate-statue-on-the-grayson-cou

Symbols matter.

Symbols of the confederacy represent racial hatred to many and have no place being flown at state capitols, much less prominently displayed at a courthouse.

I know that my community is better than this. Sherman is my home--it's full of great people and it was a wonderful place to grow up. I had the opportunity to interact with large swaths of the city as the Student Body President at both Sherman High School and at Austin College. I know that our community is better than this.

In response to the Confederate flag being removed at the South Carolina capitol, former Texas Governor Rick Perry said that "removing the [Confederate] flag is an act of healing and unity, that allows us to find a shared purpose based on the values that unify us." Like the flag, we need to remove all Confederate relics from our institutions of government.

The monument in the Grayson County Courthouse lawn is the first in the state of Texas; meaning it's been there the longest. It's time to go is way past due. #TakeItDown. Now.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Edit: And the same petition, with slight changes, is used for Fannin County:

https://www.change.org/p/you-the-pe...ent-in-the-fannin-county-courthouse-lawn

Symbols matter.

Symbols of the confederacy represent racial hatred to many and have no place being flown at state capitols, much less prominently displayed at a courthouse.

I know that my community is better than this. Bonham is full of great people and it was a wonderful place to grow up. I had the opportunity to interact with large swaths of the city and I know that our community is better than this.

In response to the Confederate flag being removed at the South Carolina capitol, former Texas Governor Rick Perry said that "removing the [Confederate] flag is an act of healing and unity, that allows us to find a shared purpose based on the values that unify us." Like the flag, we need to remove all Confederate relics from our institutions of government.

The monument in the Fannin County Courthouse lawn is the first in the state of Texas; meaning it's been there the longest. It's time to go is way past due. #TakeItDown. Now.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
from the article:

that is very disappointing, Mr. Perry !

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 08/31/17.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taking down the Confederate flag is one thing, because the country that it represented hasn't been in existence since 1865, and for it to fly alongside the American flag was perhaps a little far fetched. I say that, because although I believe that the Confederate cause was right and honorable, and I believe in what the Stars and Bars stood for, I believe it's place is more historical than anything else. So, since this is 2017 and the USA, it is appropriate that the American flag is the only flag flying in places where a flag is appropriate...if that makes any sense, and let the Stars and Bars fly in museums and other places that show our history.

BUT......the statues and memorials honoring the memory of men long dead are another matter all together. They need to be left alone. and any attempt at removing them needs to be resisted. I hope that those politicians that are condoning this have it come back and not only bite them in the ass, but cost them their cushy jobs as well.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Until Congress passes a law DECLASSIFYING CSA soldeirs as US veterans, taking down monuments to Confederate soldiers/officers is Anti -American
and a desectration and censorship of our National history.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jk16
Until Congress passes a law DECLASSIFYING CSA soldeirs as US veterans, taking down monuments to Confederate soldiers/officers is Anti -American
and a desectration and censorship of our National history.

That'll be next...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The sad part is-- they are getting them---

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope some of the monument destroyers get beaten.

Last edited by BarryC; 08/31/17.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
AntiFA is the American Version of ISIS.....

inspired by Communists... and inspired to first ruin the historical fabric of our nation and then destroy its entire culture...

wait tell they start condemning all the immigrants who came via Ellis Island way after the civil war...

their goal is that the true Americans are immigrants of color who came and formed this nation...

mark my words...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
I hope some of the monument destroyers get beaten.

What I hope is that the next time they pull a statue down, it will fall on them and do mucho bodily harm.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/antifa_is_unamerican.html This is a very good article explaining their political ideologies. Islam is the problem. CAIR has ties w/ HAMAS, Al-Qaeda, and The Muslim Brotherhood. All are Islamic terrorist organizations that must be banned. CAIR Invented BLM. They admitted it. The NFL supports BLM. Let that sink in.

Youtube:
The complete idiots guide to atheism.
The Four Horseman. Discussions with Richard Dawkins
God Is Not Great. Christopher Hitchens
Do not fear education.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 99Ozarks, 6MMWASP, Akhutr, 8 invisible), 1,697 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,908
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.