Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He sells douche flutes for a living.

Not surprised.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Coincidentally I bought a can of Copenhagen in that store a couple years back. It's in a sleazy part of town, even by Vegas standards. Might not be the first time the place got robbed.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by gunner500
Too bad this guy has to face charges for taking out the trash early, that punk would have undoubtedly enhanced and hardened his criminal career were he allowed to live.

You steal, you die, GFY in hell. smile

I'm just not that hard my friend. Someone said these were middle school kids. They need the ass whopping of their life and their parents might need the same ass whopping but I wouldn't have the heart to gun down a 12-13 year old for stealing. I never stole but I did dumb things enough that I would hope these kids could live long enough to learn better.

Of course we all hope for the best, and indeed, this was a tragedy, BUT, that clerk had no way of knowing how old these perps were, a very large portion of violent felons are short statured, OR if they were armed or not, any 'group rush' is going to draw a fast response, particularly from a kid himself, the 24 year old clerk.

The Ferguson debacle started out much like this one, no?

I'm not ready to crucify the clerk either. You don't know what you would do until you are in that situation with the adrenaline pumping. At the very least it would be a horrible outcome to have this man's life destroyed because of the stupid decisions of someone else.

It's a huge responsibility when you decide to arm yourself. I carry every day,and it's something I think about all the time. I suppose if anything being armed makes me much less violent. I am a lot more likely to avoid any trouble and try to deescalate any confrontation,that I was in my younger unarmed days. I have a family to think of and don't need to be in prison. On the other hand,if I was somewhere where an armed robbery was taking place,I won't give the perp the option if his attention is ever diverted long enough.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'm not ready to crucify the clerk either. You don't know what you would do until you are in that situation with the adrenaline pumping. At the very least it would be a horrible outcome to have this man's life destroyed because of the stupid decisions of someone else.

While there could be more facts to this case that we are unaware of, I'd just like to say that if you don't know what you'd do when you see a kid shoplifting, you need to leave the gun in your fugking house.

Period.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TheKid
Coincidentally I bought a can of Copenhagen in that store a couple years back. It's in a sleazy part of town, even by Vegas standards. Might not be the first time the place got robbed.

How fresh was it?

(This will help determine the competency of the store owner)

Dave

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There should be a special privilege carved out in the law that allows for the shooting of thieves who specialize in running into retail stores openly helping themselves to merchandise. The rule should be they are to be afforded one warning to cease and desist. If the theft continues, the shopkeeper should be privileged to apply whatever force is necessary, to include deadly force, sufficient to halt the theft. Something needs to put the fear of God into these people, because as it stands now, they are going almost completely without consequences, and ultimately civilization cannot be sustained if this sort of thing becomes commonplace, which in many places it already has.

Yeah.

We should allow douche flute vendors to execute shoplifters. That's a fabulous idea.

Any other legislative changes you'd like us to contemplate today?

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave

While there could be more facts to this case that we are unaware of, I'd just like to say that if you don't know what you'd do when you see a kid shoplifting, you need to leave the gun in your fugking house.

Period.

Clark

Yea,it goes without saying that there would have to me some mitigating circumstances that would cause a reasonable level of fear for your life that shouldn't be there by a couple of kids on a grab and run.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Period.

Clark

Open and notorious theft isn't shoplifting. That's a hostile and threatening act, by implication. The implication is, "I don't care if you see me ... just try and stop me and I will direct violence against you."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Open and notorious theft isn't shoplifting. That's a hostile and threatening act, by implication. The implication is, "I don't care if you see me ... just try and stop me and I will direct violence against you."

No. It really isn't.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No. It really isn't.

Dave

If you lived where this happened, you'd know what the implication was.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sorry. I done lived here all my life and jus' don' no-no bettah.

I did find a cool video today though:

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
LOL. grin

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
The clerk has a reasonable chance of being found not guilty in a jury trial. Hope he's got a a hundred grand for a good criminal defense attorney!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Period.

Clark

LOL, sure thing, If, we are awarded the big three luxuries of time, intent and commitment.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by idahoguy101
The clerk has a reasonable chance of being found not guilty in a jury trial. Hope he's got a a hundred grand for a good criminal defense attorney!

Yup, hope he walks, sadly a bit lighter in the wallet area.

Trump Won!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

No. It really isn't.

Dave

If you lived where this happened, you'd know what the implication was.

I do live there, the implication was wrong. Ability, opportunity, imminent jeopardy. None were demonstrated in the video to a degree that a REASONABLE, PRUDENT PERSON would feel a threat equal to the use of deadly force. I feel Nevada's deadly force laws are adequate. It would be fun if we could dump every turd that deserved it but reality sucks.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No reasonable person would have shot that kid down.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
No reasonable person would have shot that kid down.

From what I could see of how fast they ran and were heading out,I probable wouldn't have drawn my gun. I think there will have to be some circumstance like the clerk seeing something that could be mistaken for a gun or some such for this guy not to go away for a long time. From the video it just looks like he shot the kid as soon as he grabbed something and as he was trying his best to run out the door.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not a smart move by the clerk; his azz will be fried.

MM
I agree..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Even if that shooting was justified under the law in the protection of property, it's a dumb-azz shoot. Is a few smokes worth someone's life? Furthermore, is it worth spending the next 6 years in and out of court, losing your house, losing your business just to cover your legal fees?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.