Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shaman
Remember too that Juan got tossed out of NPR (which pays diddly-squat) and FOX hired him at a discount.

Tossed from NPR for being too conservative. Tells you where they're at.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Remember too that Juan got tossed out of NPR (which pays diddly-squat) and FOX hired him at a discount.

He got tossed from NPR for saying he felt uncomfortable with some ragheads on the same plane. That was un-PC, not conservative.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a young rookie journalism student, I asked the question: "Why are most newspapers left of center?" In those days, you still thought of "The Media" as newspapers with electronic media as also-rans. My professor answered in this way:

1) Owners are usually Republicans, but they're in it to make money. The editorial staff mostly come from working class families. They're going to be Populist to Communist-- somewhere in that spectrum.
2) Nobody wants to hear about all the great things Crapsanto is doing for the world, but if Crapsanto kills 5 people in a chemical leak, that's news. News is always going to be anti-corporate.
3) Taking the angle of the little man vs. the big machine is always going to sell more papers, period.
4) People pay taxes. They don't like it. They vote in people that want to give the money back, only it never quite makes it there. Papers make a stink about it. They sell papers doing it. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

In those days, The Carter Era, newspapers were still the media machine that ran political thought. If you wanted to be legitimate as an electronic news organization, you had to follow papers' editorial lead and not go against the grain. Guys like me that grew up in Conservative households were kind of herded to write stuff with a lefty bent in order to survive. It does not take long for guys to start living there inside their own heads.

Me? I was a dumbass. One reason I never got ahead in that field was I couldn't bend my head around making stories fit a narrative so against my basic upbringing as well as logical thought. I had one lecture in college that wrecked me as a journalist forever. My one professor called it "Toilet Paper." He said electronic news (TV and Radio) was like toilet paper. Nobody really needs toilet paper. There are things that worked historically just as well or better. Water is next to free and a little bit squirted in the right place does the job. However, somebody figured out toilet paper and then sold it to the world. Now everyone demands toilet paper. That's the way it is with news. Newspapers do a great job of informing the public. However, somebody invented radio and then radio news. A generation or two later, folks are watching news on TV (radio with pictures) while eating their dinner. TV news does a lousy job of informing. Radio is even worse. After hearing that lecture, I never could be a good broadcast journalist.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

He has been a Fox News Contributor since 1997

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I believe he's so dumb he doesn't even realize Fox uses his addled example as a poster child for the political left.

he knows, and has little to no problem with it

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

He has been a Fox News Contributor since 1997

Yes, but he got picked up by Fox for more duties after NPR dumped him.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'd pay good money just to bitch slap the silly grin off of his stupid face!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Juan having a LIBTARD meltdown on the Five currently over DACA.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Freaking idiot! I switched to the baseball game the second he went off.

BTW why do the Marlins even have a team? Can't be more than 200 fans in attendance.

Go Nats!!

Last edited by byc; 09/05/17.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Forged in Fire is my backup.

Marlins, Nats is that a baseball game or a fishing trip?

Last edited by FatCity67; 09/05/17.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HA! Good one!! LOL....

You know I think one of those other 4 of the 5 is gonna' walk in there one night with a giant rotten tomato and let it fly right at Juan's goofy azzz head!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well they put Kennedy next to him and she can bitch slap people with the best them.

LOL he is having honest to goodness freak out at his fellow talking heads. Just call Guttfeld a racist. 😂

Last edited by FatCity67; 09/05/17.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Juan Williams calling Guttield a racist is like the pot calling the kettle black. Juan is the only racist on that show

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
True words there.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Poster child for the Black Race

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I can't disagree with what I have read here, but, think about this - he gets to act the part of an idiot while pocketing $2 mil a year. Doesn't sound too awfully dumb to me. JMO

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,937
Posts18,498,817
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.