Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I'm in Naples. We've been getting small rain bands throughout the afternoon and have a steady light rain as I type.

We are expecting it to get a lot worse as the night goes on.

Had some heavy rain squalls run through here last couple hours. Just got a tornado warning over the cell phone. Thunder's driving the dogs crazy all over the neighborhood.

Keep your heads down over there, Dixie and Boarmaster.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hilarious, Dan. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If it goes as predicted now, I'm in for a cat 2 Monday morning. Hopefully not the actual eye wall, though, which should stay near the coast as it rises up north of me, heading for a direct impact with the panhandle, then on up to Georgia as a cat 1. That northeastern quadrant, though, will likely hit me pretty hard.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jmh3
I'm in Naples. We've been getting small rain bands throughout the afternoon and have a steady light rain as I type.

Our place is in Lely, but we're up in PA through the end of hunting season. Good luck! The storm surge predictions are looking pretty nasty. Hang in there and please keep us updated as long as you have power.

Your're saying you are not going down there to check out your house for a month or so?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
He went to local college for his first three semesters (which was nearly free with his scholarship) then transferred last spring. He's got a scholarship at UM, and mama's working full time to pay the rest.

UM is an outstanding school. That's fantastic that he got a scholarship because out of state tuition is a ball buster. Lots do it, though. Those are the kids driving around in BMW's and Porsches. Saw a bunch of em down at Mannlicher's condo's valet station a couple weeks ago.

He walks to class. He did say there are some foreign students that drive really nice cars and live on campus on condos their parents bought them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Wtxj

Our place is in Lely, but we're up in PA through the end of hunting season. Good luck! The storm surge predictions are looking pretty nasty. Hang in there and please keep us updated as long as you have power.

Your're saying you are not going down there to check out your house for a month or so?

Until yesterday when they changed the track that was the plan. We have a neighbor watch our house when we are in PA but he has bugged out. He'll check it out when he gets home and I'll probably end up making a trip next weekend if travel is possible by then.

------------------------
John
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They're now saying Cat4 by the time it hits Tampa. My brother should be up here by that time. He said they opened up southbound 75 to make them all northbound this afternoon.
With the other two hurricanes out there to perhaps follow (Katia and Jose?), there might not be anything left to go back for...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by Wtxj

Until yesterday when they changed the track that was the plan. We have a neighbor watch our house when we are in PA but he has bugged out. He'll check it out when he gets home and I'll probably end up making a trip next weekend if travel is possible by then.

10/4 on that. Luck on the house

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
He went to local college for his first three semesters (which was nearly free with his scholarship) then transferred last spring. He's got a scholarship at UM, and mama's working full time to pay the rest.

UM is an outstanding school. That's fantastic that he got a scholarship because out of state tuition is a ball buster. Lots do it, though. Those are the kids driving around in BMW's and Porsches. Saw a bunch of em down at Mannlicher's condo's valet station a couple weeks ago.

He walks to class. He did say there are some foreign students that drive really nice cars and live on campus on condos their parents bought them.

No different than my son at A&M. He rides a bike whilst others drive new lifted Cummins Dodge's.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
They're now saying Cat4 by the time it hits Tampa. My brother should be up here by that time. He said they opened up southbound 75 to make them all northbound this afternoon.
With the other two hurricanes out there to perhaps follow (Katia and Jose?), there might not be anything left to go back for...

Jose hurricane is a non issue. Only Irma counts for Florida.

Sam......

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Jose hurricane is a non issue. Only Irma counts for Florida.

Pfffttt...

This thread is now about Texas A & M and getting to class on time.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We 'll know it was a bad storm when our members there aren't on the internet for about six months.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by EdM

No different than my son at A&M. He rides a bike whilst others drive new lifted Cummins Dodge's.

Never understood why people care what others drive.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When's she.gonna make that 90° turn?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 11:00 NHC report is out. Winds are down to 105 and they don't sound as confident about the path. It is stalled off Cuba moving at only 5 mph. Now have it as a CAT 3 at landfall. They don't sound as confident in their prediction of re-strengthening either. They are sticking with their earlier predictions on timing but if you read the discussion there is a lot of hedging. Let's hope it continues to weaken.

------------------------
John
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Raining heavily right now at my place.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I still see at at 120mph (105 knots)

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hope all of you Florida boys and your families stay safe, and dry....

and the homestead survives undamaged....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Click on the link to the "discussion". The stuff in the graphics isn't the actual data. The forecasters discussion has the data from the flights into the storm.

------------------------
John
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,127
Posts18,502,528
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.