-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a rick young on one set of binocs. I have used it a bit and its pretty decent although I don't think I would like it if I was only wearing a thin shirt and using it with a pair of RF binoculars. I think I want to try the kuiu harness. been using crooked horn setup for years. I use tape to keep the straps from loosening in the buckles.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Whttail, talked to Rick and this is what he said also, so ordered one for myself and a set for my Daughter

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You. can make the same lightweight harness for $4 in about 5 minutes. Buy a pair of no-tie boot laces from amazon. All of the needed keepers are included.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I adopted use of the Hill People Kit Bag

I keep my "nocs in it with or without harness. Works very well for my style of time afield.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 201k
You. can make the same lightweight harness for $4 in about 5 minutes. Buy a pair of no-tie boot laces from amazon. All of the needed keepers are included.

Got pics to show how you made a loop to go over each shoulder? There are also no clips for attaching to the binoculars, but there are many options to do that. Are you using your own shock cord to make them long enough? The RYOs are pushing 100", which are plenty long and can be cut down. I make my own too, but I use the same Surmount Cordloc for the adjuster and buy the quick release buckles from RYO.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Simple even for a deplorable like me. I bought Rick Young's. I said damn, I missed inventing the hula hoop, now this. Took small piece rope and made a pair in about 60 seconds with rope and a couple knots. I'm sure a millennial could have done it quicker. I realized boot laces would work and googled. Found on Amazon for 7.99 pair with needed fittings. In addition i used tie-wraps i had on hand. Lots of things will work, key ring, metal washers, etc.. I live in the wilderness and used what is available. There is even a you-tube instruciion on how to do it. Kudus to Rick Young, I admire an innovator and entrepreneur. Ain't America Great!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 201k
Simple even for a deplorable like me. I bought Rick Young's. I said damn, I missed inventing the hula hoop, now this. Took small piece rope and made a pair in about 60 seconds with rope and a couple knots. I'm sure a millennial could have done it quicker. I realized boot laces would work and googled. Found on Amazon for 7.99 pair with needed fittings. In addition i used tie-wraps i had on hand. Lots of things will work, key ring, metal washers, etc.. I live in the wilderness and used what is available. There is even a you-tube instruciion on how to do it. Kudus to Rick Young, I admire an innovator and entrepreneur. Ain't America Great!

Far too complicated, all of these.

3' of Mule Tape and hang it over your back when you're crawling...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I agree. I took a piece of paracord and rubber band and figure I have the cost down to about 5 cents. Pardon my other post, I have sometmers disease. Some say it's just a bad case of dumbass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 222ai
Just ordered Rick Young's harness

I have Rick Young's harness on 3 binoculars ranging from 8x32 to 10x40s. No complaints. They are about as good as any IMO and economical.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Rick Young probably owes 24 Hr Campfire a big thanks, for helping him sell a bunch of his product!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Rick Young harness I learned about on this thread, arrived today.
I hiked 3 miles in the woods while wearing it.
The binoculars were 12 ounce MINOX BD Compact 7x28 BR.
The harness worked about as well as the neck strap that came with the binoculars, that is, just fine.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
The harness worked about as well as the neck strap that came with the binoculars, that is, just fine.

And, you can use it as a neck strap. But you can't use a neck strap as a harness...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

And, you can use it as a neck strap. But you can't use a neck strap as a harness...

LMMFAO. It's like, you can sleep in a car but can't drive a house.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I purchased the Alaskan Guide harness last year and have been impressed with the short time I have used them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Rick Young harness I learned about on this thread, arrived today.
I hiked 3 miles in the woods while wearing it.
The binoculars were 12 ounce MINOX BD Compact 7x28 BR.

Were you able to keep crumbs off the oculars?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or drool?.....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rick young and/ or Alaskan guide creations!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I really like my AK. Guide Creations binocular pouch. Very handy with room for a few extra cartridges, a spare battery and makes the iphone instantly accessible.
Best of the best.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Originally Posted by 222ai
Just ordered Rick Young's harness

I have Rick Young's harness on 3 binoculars ranging from 8x32 to 10x40s. No complaints. They are about as good as any IMO and economical.

I am very dissatisfied with Rick Young's bino harness. They will not allow you to bend over or crawl without the bino's flipping out of the elastics, despite the videos and website that says you should be able to do that; maybe with a much lighter pair of binos this is possible, but not with 10x50s. Especially if you have high quality Euro optics or ones with built-in rangefinders; not enough room for elastic to grab on and elastic not strong enough.

Also, make sure that you return the product within 10 days or they won't take it back frown

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Bighorn,

Did you try bending over or crawling with this harness? The binos immediately flip out and start to hang down from the clips rings, start bumping brush and rocks for me.

Any other better solutions for a Leica Geovid 10x42 or similar larger bino?

"The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization"-- Emerson

Support outdoor sports and our hunting-conservationist heritage; hunt with high morals and ethical standards
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (160user, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.