Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
sorry for your loss,as all the guys have mentioned,nothing like a good dog.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My heart goes out to you, James. These wonderful creatures pay witness to our existence with a complete and selfless clarity. When I lost my Joe, a friend told me that the reason their lives are so short is because they love so much. We're blessed by them.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Sorry to hear of this. Great dog, great loss. God bless Maggie.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Damn dogs anyway....I've had way more than most, beagles, coonhounds, foxhounds, retrievers and a few house mutts. I've always tried to keep them at arm's length...sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I'm down to one now (not counting the two little house dogs that are my wife's) I don't know if I'll get another retriever when this one is gone, but somehow it doesn't seem right to live without a dog...it's like just giving up and saying, "Well, I'm over the hill anyway." Most of the time I've been able to put them in the ground dry-eyed, whether they died of old age, injury or just uselessness. I've sent some down the road with people who needed a particular dog more than I did. I still miss my old Walker foxhound Cry Baby....she was my only dog for a few years that were pretty rough years for me. I'm afraid the Chessie I've got now will be really hard to say good bye to. Damn dogs anyway....

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Deepest condolences James.

I hope Maggie's last days were not spent in pain. Good dogs deserve a measure of pain-free living.

I had a Blue Heeler for 13 years and when she passed I cried my eyes got sweaty for hours. I couldn't think of her without a realization of a great hole in my heart and my eyes getting all sweaty again. Even now, after some 12 years have passed...

FYI - DO NOT watch the movie, "A Dog's Purpose". Ever.

IC B2

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for all the kind words fellows. I once read something to the effect, that everyone could turn their back on you, but your dog would still be there for you, even if you had treated them unkindly. I know that is true, because I've seen the look in their eyes when you had to correct them, of maybe you were having a bad day and ignoring them.

Throughout my life, there have been few times when I haven't had a dog of some kind around. Living out on a farm, it's almost a necessity, as a farm without a good dog is missing a key ingredient. I've also had my share of hunting dogs, Beagles, bird dogs, and Labs. Some were very memorable, some were just passing through. Maggie was in some ways the perfect farm dog. She barked at anything suspicious, chased away what needed chasing away, and although she was not aggressive, her size and attitude was a deterrent to strangers.

I get pretty attached to pets, especially the ones that have been around a while and become fixtures. Maggie was that.....and more. The little Aussie that I still have is an okay dog, and still learning the ropes, and hopefully will become a better dog. Still, she is a people dog, whereas Maggie was my business dog. I think I'm going to have to find me another "business" dog before too long. A farm needs one.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The best of success with finding the right new dog James, we are looking as well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The best of success with finding the right new dog James, we are looking as well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm sorry for your loss. Been there, too, just a few weeks ago.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry for your loss... a good dog is often more important/more loved than many of the people you know...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Condolences,.....good dog, Maggie, good dog.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Losing a good old dog is so hard......very sorry to hear about Maggie.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hate these threads. Very sorry.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm sorry for your loss.. Losing a cherished, faithful dog can be a hard loss indeed... RIP Maggie..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 64 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.