Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No questions about them. (I know y'all are disappointed) laugh

Just going to say that I have a couple of pretty good ones.

Have had them for a few years. One is a Jonsered 20" bar, and my other is a Husqvarna 24" bar.

Both of them are beasts. I have been cutting some behemoth trees downed by the hurricane here. I mean like full time, balls to the wall. Then removing the trees with my big tractor and the grabber. Been cutting mature oaks that even the 24" saw won't go through with one cut. Endless use and abuse. But they are both running like a top. I keep the chains razor sharp, and they cut like a hot knife through butter.

It's better to get a good saw up front before you have to put them through abuse like this...

I'm really glad I spent the money I did when I bought them. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's a pretty significant difference in the "Pro" lines and the "Homeowner" lines. I've always favored Husqy's, but lotsa pros use Stihl as well - both are good saws (kinda Chevy/Dodge/Ford thing).

I have a Husqvarna 450 18" and it cuts like madness (always keep a spare sharp chain on hand..).

Ya never know when you're gonna need one, but when you do - there is no substitute for a good one.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
No questions about them. (I know y'all are disappointed) laugh

Just going to say that I have a couple of pretty good ones.

Have had them for a few years. One is a Jonsered 20" bar, and my other is a Husqvarna 24" bar.

Both of them are beasts. I have been cutting some behemoth trees downed by the hurricane here. I mean like full time, balls to the wall. Then removing the trees with my big tractor and the grabber. Been cutting mature oaks that even the 24" saw won't go through with one cut. Endless use and abuse. But they are both running like a top. I keep the chains razor sharp, and they cut like a hot knife through butter.

It's better to get a good saw up front before you have to put them through abuse like this...

I'm really glad I spent the money I did when I bought them. smile

Prolly, the two best saws you can buy!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You should PM Jeff Obama, he has "Superhuman" strength when it comes to cutting trees...........As generous a man as he is I'm sure he would run right down and give you a hand.

Big plus if ya got any Peyote growing in the pasture.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I once had a great saw. It was a Husqvarna. Some jerk stole it and my wife gave me a replacement for Christmas. It's a Poulan. I've been fighting that saw off and on for 20 years. After Irma I was thinking if the Poulan gave me the least bit of trouble I was going to treat myself to a new Husqvarna. Dang if that old Poulan didn't crank on the second pull and settled right down into a smooth idle. It cut through some downed oak like it was a brand new saw. Still got it...

Harry
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have three saws.

A Stihl 250 that I use for fencing, a Stihl 460 with a 28 inch bar and skip chain and a McCulloch 850 with the original 24 inch bar with a skip chain.

........and not a tree in sight. If'n I was ever attacked by trees I would be ready.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
lifes too short to own a cheap chainsaw. i fought and killed a poulan before i wised up and got a stihl.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Funny thing today...

I was in Tractor Supply, and looked over at the chainsaw section. It was bare! None. Not even the cheap ones.

Guess everybody has downed trees.

I feel sorry for those guys that didn't have a good saw beforehand. Even sorrier for those that rushed in to buy a $125 Poulan. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I once had a great saw. It was a Husqvarna. Some jerk stole it and my wife gave me a replacement for Christmas. It's a Poulan. I've been fighting that saw off and on for 20 years. After Irma I was thinking if the Poulan gave me the least bit of trouble I was going to treat myself to a new Husqvarna. Dang if that old Poulan didn't crank on the second pull and settled right down into a smooth idle. It cut through some downed oak like it was a brand new saw. Still got it...

You musta Skeered it with the threat of replacement

Been looking at the Husqvarna Rancher big 5. engine with an 18" bar

I purchased a Husqvarna Electric with a 16" bar and burned it up on my second small tree

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
As with everything, buy what can be fixed local.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If buying a husky, be sure and order a muffler kit as you can't keep a muffler tight on em without it.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Years back I had 1 of them purple Poulan Wild Thing's, hated that fuggin saw...tractor store down the road had Stihls on sale, bought a new with extra chains and case.

I took the Purple Thing out back and shot it repeatedly with a 357mag, the wife thought I was a deranged lunatic.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Funny thing today...

I was in Tractor Supply, and looked over at the chainsaw section. It was bare! None. Not even the cheap ones.

I feel sorry for those guys that didn't have a good saw beforehand. Even sorrier for those that rushed in to buy a $125 Poulan. wink

How many of those city boys you figure will cut themselves with what they have never owned?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Funny thing today...

How many of those city boys you figure will cut themselves with what they have never owned?

Geeze, I never thought of that.

At least a set of chaps and boots........

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

I have three and rarely need one.

Stihl 310 with muffler mod and 20" bar
Husky 55
Stihl 170

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There is he old, bad joke about the fellow that took his new new saw back to the dealer. "It took me all day to cut one cord of wood." The dealer pulled on the starter cord, and the saw roared to life, and our man jumped out of his socks.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
48" bar or bust

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I keep looking at the top handle arborest saws, 14". To take ice fishing to cut a little wood for a fire. In a boat as well in case of a down tree blocking a channel, but, $$$$

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That McCulloch 850 brings back memories. We had an 800. Awesome saw for the times,
unfortunately they never got them quite right, and the company slow!y died. There are 3 10-10' s
out in the shed, all run and one is taken along as a pinch saw. Pretty upset when the Husky 372 is
shut down, and I have to start one of those noisy, viberating bastards.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (10Glocks, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 17,225 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,874
Posts18,537,980
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
3 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.