Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I took some lacquer thinner to the coating and it rubbed right off. So it was just sprayed on & air dried.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ouch

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I prefer Satin hard chrome and Black Chrome...really tough stuff for hard hunting rigs that take abuse in trucks and boats.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The old adage "a bargain isn't always a bargain" seems to hold true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's too bad to hear this, I had thought Ryan was doing good. But you never know, Some times stuff gets missed but unfortunately that's something that cant be over looked. I'm a nobody that does this stuff for myself only, so I can only blame myself for my mistakes.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had him rechamber an Encore barrel for me. It took longer than expected - but they always do. I've only put 20 rds down the barrel but it shoots well and the chamber work was/is clean. It was a SS barrel so no finish work was involved. I didn't have a problem with his metal work.

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Send it to Eddie Fosnaugh and let him take care of it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
I took some lacquer thinner to the coating and it rubbed right off. So it was just sprayed on & air dried.

Then there's no way that's Cerrakote.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Ya think? And the rifle shoots oh so well. Why would he take the time to build a good shooting rifle, yet gyp me on the cerekote I paid $250 for?

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Unless somehow it was heat-cure cerakote that was never cured in the oven, there is no way that a wide down with lacquer thinner will remove cerakote.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hope my project coating doesn't come off as yours did if it is ever finished. Long story. But first of November will be a year. Actually drafted a certified letter to him that I am going to send out in the morning. It has been long enough on my project and am tired of getting the run around and being lied to. 2 months ago the barrel supposedly came in and he was to work on it that weekend. Calls and emails since then haven't been returned. 30 days from receipt of the letter I want my rifle project finished or the parts back in my hand with a refund check or money order. This build was a present for my wife who has been waiting patiently but with the season starting next month I am beyond mad. Already working out next step when the 30 days pass...

Rick Grimes for Governor
"This isn't a democracy anymore"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Hi guys, i was just turned onto this thread after not being on here for awhile.
Doeslayer, i sent you a pm regaurding your cerakote. I appoligize for the issues.
Swgashooter, please send me an email or pm as i am not getting any messages from you. I will do the same. Hopefully we can get in touch.

Im going to publicly say all of this so everyone knows whats going on and clear up all the confusion. First and foremost. I want to apologize to everyone on the campfire for things not going the way i had planned and taking some peoples projects alot longer then i imagined.

All of this wasnt my intentions but i am doing my best to get everyone there finished products as fast as i can. Life has hit me full force and it has been very diffcult getting it under control. Now im not looking for pitty or anything else, i understand that people are upset, i would be as well.

I made the hard decision to quit building guns for the public and take another job. That being said i will be finishing up the builds that have been paid for. I will only be working on the weekends which slows progress down considerably. Off of the top of my head i can only think of 3 builds left to finish up for campfire members. Just know i am not stealing anything from anyone, im not trying to screw anybody over. Im not running from my problems or ignoring anybody intentionally. I am doing my best to get things done and taken care of.

Lastly, i will be gone for the next 2 weeks. If you need to get ahold of me text is the best and quickest way.
435-340-0664

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What is causing the coating to rub off, my gun has sixty rounds off the bench and it is rubbing off the action and barrel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
I took some lacquer thinner to the coating and it rubbed right off.
So it was just sprayed on & air dried.

Then there's no way that's Cerrakote.

Ambient-cure Cerakote.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-air-dry-ceramic-coatings-prod41824.aspx

"Apply with your airbrush or HVLP touch-up gun for a smooth finish. Air Dry requires no baking and is tack free in 40 minutes,
completely dry in 24 hours, and fully cured in 5 days."

NIC industries Inc. application guide for ambient cure Cerakote:
https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com...ation%20Guide%20-C-110%20and%20C-222.pdf

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Huntinfool18
Hi guys, i was just turned onto this thread after not being on here for awhile.
Doeslayer, i sent you a pm regaurding your cerakote. I appoligize for the issues.
Swgashooter, please send me an email or pm as i am not getting any messages from you. I will do the same. Hopefully we can get in touch.

Im going to publicly say all of this so everyone knows whats going on and clear up all the confusion. First and foremost. I want to apologize to everyone on the campfire for things not going the way i had planned and taking some peoples projects alot longer then i imagined.

All of this wasnt my intentions but i am doing my best to get everyone there finished products as fast as i can. Life has hit me full force and it has been very diffcult getting it under control. Now im not looking for pitty or anything else, i understand that people are upset, i would be as well.

I made the hard decision to quit building guns for the public and take another job. That being said i will be finishing up the builds that have been paid for. I will only be working on the weekends which slows progress down considerably. Off of the top of my head i can only think of 3 builds left to finish up for campfire members. Just know i am not stealing anything from anyone, im not trying to screw anybody over. Im not running from my problems or ignoring anybody intentionally. I am doing my best to get things done and taken care of.

Lastly, i will be gone for the next 2 weeks. If you need to get ahold of me text is the best and quickest way.
435-340-0664

All WORDS

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I honestly dont know whats going on. As many have said, wrong application possibly. I do use h series bake on cerakote. Maybe the wrong cooking temp.
For those having problems with coating i did please contact me so we can resolve thjs problem in one way or another.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
If the barrel is shiny underneath its all eventually coming off. Bead-blasting will not even work, Cerakote states that it must be sand blasted with aluminum oxide or garnet sand to micro etch the surface for proper adhesion. They were being lazy, sorry you got screwed.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A shiny barrel bay keep the finish from sticking, but the fact that it was able to be wiped off with lacquer thinner means it wasn't cured properly to begin with.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Polane T on stocks cured will handle a few wipes with acetone, zolatone even tougher. H series and C series cerakote blow them both out of the water for chemical resistance. Something didn't cure if it is wiping off.

Eddie Fosnaugh
www.fosnaughcustoms.com
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Huntinfool18
wrong application possibly .

Ya think ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,530
Posts18,509,800
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.