Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#12287715 09/22/17
Youper Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday in a gun store I was looking over a new Sig P220. In general I liked it, but the single-action trigger pull of that gun was terrible. I've never owned or shot a Sig. Is this typical of the P220? Is it fixable?

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My P220 has a good trigger pull both S/A & D/A.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine are good but I dry fire a lot and that smooth's them out. There is an after market trigger offered by Grayguns that offer a couple of options.

Last edited by FWP; 09/23/17.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I own two Sig P220's and the triggers are great on both. Everything is stock; no light springs, etc.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Youper
Yesterday in a gun store I was looking over a new Sig P220. In general I liked it, but the single-action trigger pull of that gun was terrible. I've never owned or shot a Sig. Is this typical of the P220? Is it fixable?

I've had many Sigs, and never had anything but excellent single action trigger pulls on them. My reason for being off Sigs nowadays has to do with the high bore axis, which is something you may want to consider. Despite poo-pooing by the Sig fan-boys, it will increase felt "muzzle flip" in the recoil impulse, which makes follow up shots a bit slower, particularly in a P220, due to the harder recoiling of the .45 ACP.

Here's a discussion of the subject.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
That's funny, since I get very little muzzle flip with my P220.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_in_PA
That's funny, since I get very little muzzle flip with my P220.

It's just physics. You choose not to notice it because you're a fan boy, LOL.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I've had many Sigs, and never had anything but excellent single action trigger pulls on them. My reason for being off Sigs nowadays has to do with the high bore axis, which is something you may want to consider. Despite poo-pooing by the Sig fan-boys, it will increase felt "muzzle flip" in the recoil impulse, which makes follow up shots a bit slower, particularly in a P220, due to the harder recoiling of the .45 ACP.

What's the real-world difference? What fraction of a second did you actually lose shooting a 220 side-by-side against a G21?
Thought so..........

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

What's the real-world difference? What fraction of a second did you actually lose shooting a 220 side-by-side against a G21?
Thought so..........

Just a perceived difference that's quite noticeable. I assume that the perceived difference would also register in a timed test, but haven't conducted an experiment. The laws of physics inform us that it should be a measurable effect, however.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have......with several calibers.

I (stress on "I") was faster and more accurate with the Sig equivalent (in the .40, the M&P). Now, that's likely due to the amount of time I spend shooting a Sig vs anything else. The "outlier" .40 is, in all honesty, due to that M&P not being "stock" That speaks to my comment, though:
The physics are what they are, but are only one variable in 'the whole". The "high bore axis" argument is irrelevant to, at best, a small percentage of shooters. The "average" shooter (if 'they' exist) has a plethora of real world issues to overcome before bore axis is even a blip on the radar.

Last edited by NH K9; 09/23/17.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I noticed I didn't shoot traditional Sigs very well long before I had a theory as to why. Once I developed skill with Glocks, that I couldn't develop to nearly the same degree with Sigs, I began to discover that there is a scientific explanation for it, and it made sense. After getting pretty good with a Glock, I could easily perceive, upon shooting a Sig, exactly why I don't shoot them as well. It's the difference in perceived muzzle flip.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My 220 has an excellent DA/SA trigger. It is factory stock. I recently shot another 220 that was lousy both ways compared to mine. And then I have a 226 that has had work done to it that feels like a really great Colt Python. Sounds like the 220 you handled would need some attention from a good trigger 'smith.

RS

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I have a stock P220 SAO in 45 and 22LR. Decent trigger pull. Not a glass rod trigger break.I suspect a trigger job would improve it

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A low bore axis will make a pistol shoot much better. You can't deny physics.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sigs are definitly not for the limp wristed. It's a man's pistol.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Youper Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Sounds like the 220 you handled would need some attention from a good trigger 'smith.

RS

Looking at all the posts this seems to sum everything up.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Compared to the single action trigger pulls on my Beretta 92 & 96, I'd say the stock Beretta is better. But neither are a 45 ACP firing gun

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
The best trigger i ever felt on a Sig like pistol was the Spinx? (Swiss) don't even know if that pistol is made anymore, I haven't seen them in about two decades.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my gun is the European release and it said browning on 1 side and sig on the other. it is high polish blue as well. it was called a B D A 45 the trigger is nice on single and better than average on double.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,801 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.