-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The majority of the posts in this thread,point to why this happened in the first place.

"Stick didn't do anything wrong!"

When you have your own fan club,and have to please them on a daily basis,I guess it can get to you.........

I suspect if someone like Pugs (for example),who is just a good All-American poster,had used this kind of language and got banned,no one would have cared.No tears would have been shed.There would have been one thread that said "Good job Rick!" and that would be the end of the discussion.

But because Stick offered up good advice,and was a constant source of entertainment,that gives him a pass on bad behavior for many of you.

Kind of like how the Democrats and the press give the Kennedy's a pass every time they step in it........

We will have to hear about this crap for years........

WB.

Last edited by WheelchairBandit; 02/05/07.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dude...some of the theorizing happening here is extremely funny. When's Dr. Phil gonna chime in?

Last edited by Brother Dave; 02/05/07.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brother Dave
Stick's alive and well, and working on starting a new forum. He has no wish to compete with Rick's Campfire, but has been interested for some time in creating something on his own. His partners are a couple guys who work/worked with some major sporting goods companies, including one optics-related one and one custom gun maker. They actually asked him aboard, so I guess it was their pet project to start with.

I wish him all the luck in the world,but if he uses the same language/attitude he did here in the last 6 months,his partners won't stick with him for more than a month or so.

No business wants anything to do with that crap.

WB.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure your thoughts carry a lot of weight with him....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
WCB,
Your just glad he's gone because he got the better of you so many times. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind! I met the guy and let me tell you he is a crack up and what was in the TKD thread was Bait and several hookups were set. Although some of the comments were a bit over the top, that guy has a heart of gold. I do not believe that he has ability to be a racist. The terms he used were to stir the pot and you fell for it. He could have had someone poking fun at white guys and he would think it just as funny. I can't speak for him but I'm guessing he was laughin the whole way through the thread. This world we live in is so PC and so many feel the need to be offended over words. I believe the term "Lightin up" was used several times through the TKD thread. I hope he can be invited back and asked to play nice in the sandbox with the other kids.

My .02

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The top two things I liked most about this site was being able to be uncensored and the good prices you could get on Leupies. You see racist stuff in top selling uncensored movies everyday and they still make millions. Seems like another win for liberals and you can buy scopes for the same price at any local store now. Any campfire I've been around has moderated itself with the people around it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
When are you dying?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenaiSlayer1
WCB,
Your just glad he's gone because he got the better of you so many times. Anyone that doesn't see that is blind!

Why would I be glad he's gone?!?!I had more fun butting heads with him on here than anything else.The board will be much more dull,now that he's gone.....

And FWIW,I think I got the better of him in our final exchange,though I had a serious advantage (the only time I'll ever have that)....

WB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
When are you dying?

I'm just hoping I outlast you.....

WB.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Last I saw you said 1 year. You just might outlast me, but I'll have a hell of a lot more fun in the mean time.......

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ass cancer?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if Stick wrote a book I'd be the first to sign up for an autographed copy. I enjoyed his offhanded remarks and sarcasm - too many, it seems, took him too seriously in that regard. Far as I could tell he was illustrating his point in the continued remarks - that point being that some are a bit uncomfortable in their own skin. Glad I didn't have to make the choice to boot him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bro Dave, can you pm me the name of his site, i'd like to check it out myself....

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish Stick the best, I think most of his banter was meant in jest. IMO people take things way too seriously nowadays.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S'head,
Nope,never said one year.I think I'll make it a lot longer than that.Considering my life has nothing to do with this thread,and is none of your business,why did you bring it up?

375matt,
Funny,but you'd have to ask S'head about that.He's the one into ass play.

Nice try at changing the topic folks.........

WB.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Glad to see you are firmly on both sides of this issue, Tim. smile
t

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Can't wait to hear how many folks tune in for WCB wisdom and advice. Make sure your inbox is cleaned out, I can see the flood of rifle/scope/Alaska questions coming your way, TFF.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
He's gone folks.Let's just drop it.

WB.

Translation: "I just want this to be over because I played a big part in the TKD thread."

Dude you read like a Book!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I gotta catch the bus, back online in a day or two....you boys play nice....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Leading medical journals state the leading cause is spending large amounts of time with your shorts jammed up your arse while stuffed in a locker.

Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 45_100, 406_SBC, 25 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,922
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.