Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
The final parts to assemble my AR10 build should be coming in this week. Last major purchase will need to be the optics. Primary purpose of this gun will be hunting with possibly some occasional intermediate distance target shooting (300 yds out to possibly 500 yds).

Budget is $500 (used or new).

What would be your choice in optics for this application?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ssramage
The final parts to assemble my AR10 build should be coming in this week. Last major purchase will need to be the optics. Primary purpose of this gun will be hunting with possibly some occasional intermediate distance target shooting (300 yds out to possibly 500 yds).

Please give us a call to discuss, but I am thinking an Athlon Argos BTR.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Our 3-12x42 Tekoa would fit the build pretty nicely and do all that you need and more. Currently a $100 off promotion so it'll be $474 right now. That's giving one heck of a scope that would be almost double that in a retail setting. Schott HT glass, side focus, 3.5" constant eye relief so no changing head position, custom turrets available as well, and more.

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/tekoa-3-12x42-impact-bdc

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Both "choices" cited,are pieces of fhuqking schit...but you gotta consider the source. Were you to amass a year's worth of trigger time from both,you could place "all" of their empties in your front shirt pocket. Hint.(grin)

Keep schit simple,keep schit bulletproof and fret mechanics far more than Fluff. Contrary to popular opinion and Snake Oil Salesmen everywhere,riflescopes are for steering boolits and you'll be wayyyyyyy ahead of the fhuqking curve,if you simply procure one that is made to do same. Re-hint. Then ask 'em which '10's they "shoot". Re-re-hint. Laughing!

Krunchenticker '10's will never be "light" and that is simply the nature of the Beast. It is what,it is,by literal design and the mass is largely requisite. That being said,Hubble-esque bullschit never does any favors,upon any platform and especially one slated for Utility.

Anywhoo...just like everywhere else,a Fixed Fhuqker 6X MQ connects all dots and skirts all Fluff,by simply arranging POA/POI intersections,as per whim. It has an erector who's travel is HUGE. It's got the guts to amazingly cling to zero and will reliably blow minds in it's uncanny ability to repeat. They track like they have eyes,have a windshield that is without peer and it just "happens" to jive in it's subtension,relating perfectly to the erector. Parallax corrects to 10yds and that can be more than a touch handy. Pard just the other day got swarmed with Woof's and killed the first with Beaver Dope at 15',then shucked shells,shifted gears and mopped up (2) more on the move ala boltgun. That is a scenario where one is happy to be doing battle,but a touch miffed that the platform in the mitts ain't a Self Shucker. 3 outta 7 ain't horrid and though he was gunning 6x MQ,it wouldn't have hurt the equation to be slingin' 105 HPBT's in a 1-7" or 1-8" 243 SALAMI Krunchenticker,fed with ASC 10rd Smooches. Just saying. Hint.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Most things Krunchenticker '10 are wayyyyyyyyy over gassed and an adjustable 'block,along with a Slash Heavy,are your friend. Hint.

[Linked Image]

'Course the 6X MQ is perfectly at home on Krunchenticker '15's too,whether 17 Whizzum,223,22 Grendel or 6 Grendel. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I've a "hunch" that 105 Hornie HPBT's at 2910fps ala Smooch and zero'd at the 225yd line(+.4 Mil at a hunnert),don't wear out the MQ windshield until the 1140yd line. No thang to reap 25 Mils+ remaining on the erector and that's a mile(literally). 5 Mils of full value 10MPH wind transpires at the 1840yd line.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Wink wink...nod nod.

Hint.

Laughing!.............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love the way he courts our sponsors.

Doug has always done me right.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hatari

I don't read anything that druid posts, so I can only imagine.......Can't believe the forum's owner lets posters constantly berate paying sponsors. That's weak.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I guess they might need to pay more attention to see that...

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
A fixed 6X SWFA with turrets and reticle both in MIL/MIL (or moa/moa if you prefer) would make sense for a hunting oriented AR-10, especially if you wanted to do some mid range stuff like 500 yards.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
tag for later.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I don't read anything that druid posts, so I can only imagine.......Can't believe the forum's owner lets posters constantly berate paying sponsors. That's weak.

I'm not sure why he is tolerated. In real life I find people less tolerant of that type of behavior but here on the interweb idiots are emboldened and act without consequences. It's bizarre.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am building an AR 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor and have been thinking about a SWFA 3-15x42 F1 Mil/Mil. Just wish it was illuminated.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntari,

Use your Imagination and Pretend you "own" or even "shoot" a '10 Krunchenticker. It WILL be fhuqking funny,if you try. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my having long been more than a touch dubious,of Snake Oil Salesmen trying to slip Newbs some Schit Riggin',that an honest Shop wouldn't even let through the backdoor,let alone endorse and try to pawn off to the unsuspecting. Hint.

It'd be a gross injustice to condone the wares or the behavior,though I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you've Zero qualm with the practice.

Bless your heart,you AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Fhuqk.

Laughing!.....................

JGwhiner,

I find it fascinating,that you spend so much time reiterating the obvious,in that besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Schit...both of which is Texan mainstays. Congratulations?!?

Use your Imagination and Pretend,to "convince" yourself you are "not reading this",as you scour my every word and gawk my every Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

'272,

Snake Oil Salesmen peddling schit wares,ain't sumptin' that happens in the shadows and is beyond glaring...now you know. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Always "reassuring" to take "advice" from a Pavement Pounder,that "shoots" halfa box of shells a year.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

McQueen Sagepuss

The MO/MO's suck heavy ass compared to the MQ's. Adjustments aren't nearly as tactile and VERY loosey-goosey in direct extrapolation. The MO/MO's reticle does not great favors either. Pardon my having a couple/few or more. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Easy for me to say,as I've shot/got it all and then some. Though in fairness,I've only got MO-MO's in 6x,10x and 12x. Prolly only have 60 or so Fixed Fhuqkers.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Go MQ,set the zero stop and go No Fret.

[Linked Image]

I LOVE a 6x MQ to wellllll beyond the 1000yd line. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Kchunticpreformance,

Groovin' on your Whine and laughing...that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than to try and "talk" anything about Glass,Rifles or The Outdoors. Congratulations?!?

A gal's gotta know her limitations,but that don't mean she cain't Whine...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..........................

'shot,

The MQ 3-15x pales to a Fixed Fhuqker,in all regards.

I suffer one on my heaviest 6BR.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

I've only got (5) Kreedmires,if'n one counts 6mm and 6.5mm versions(I do) and all wear Fixed Fhuqker MQ's.

Hint.

Less IS more.

Re-hint..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was that English?

I laugh as the Mayor of Munchkin Land attempts to bash JG and all thing Texas while simultaneously posting photos with SWFA scopes - from Texas.

How do you say it in that other language? Oh, yeah..."laffin' "

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've got more ass than he has teeth I can assure you. BTW, that's narcotic infested English.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

SWFA 6x with MQ by a landslide.

So if I pay money- it's a free pass to post whatever I want? Even if it is suspect or wrong info?

Originally Posted by KineticPerformance

I'm not sure why he is tolerated. In real life I find people less tolerant of that type of behavior but here on the interweb idiots are emboldened and act without consequences. It's bizarre.

Think- sitting in the team room while everyone talks chit and not holding back. I personally enjoy it, then again I enjoy when people who are giving bad info/giving info that they have little experience and knowledge of- get told so. You and I might shoot a bit, probably with a fair amount of large frame AR's/SR's and I would wager that nighter scope suggested would be one that you would suggest? It certainly wouldn't be mine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

So if I pay money- it's a free pass to post whatever I want? Even if it is suspect or wrong info?

Paying sponsors are vetted by the board owner, therefore they can post freely. If they "post whatever they want, even if it's wrong" then the owner should address it. If posters habitually berate or belittle a paying sponsor then they should be tossed, yes.

I run businesses. That's the way I'd handle it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The truth doesn't have a price. Unfortunately some folks integrity does. Old man always told me "consider the source"
Unbiased, educated opinions should hold the most weight, whether you like the style of delivery or the character of the one offering it or not. When you buy a truck, do you purchase based on the advice of some half [bleep] salesman in skinny jeans and dress shoes or do you talk to buddies who own/use the trucks you're considering?

And I have no clue what type of businesses you run raider, but being in business for a few decades has taught me the person that said " the customer is always right" was a spineless fool. I don't care if you're paying or not, you don't get a free pass on dumbphuckery.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/24/17.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Both "choices" cited,are pieces of fhuqking schit...but you gotta consider the source. Were you to amass a year's worth of trigger time from both,you could place "all" of their empties in your front shirt pocket. Hint.(grin)

TFF.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Think- sitting in the team room while everyone talks chit and not holding back. I personally enjoy it, then again I enjoy when people who are giving bad info/giving info that they have little experience and knowledge of- get told so.

That's how I see it.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The customer isn't always right, but the customer is still the customer, and should be treated as such. I don't agree sometimes with what some sponsors say here by a longshot. I just think it should be handled like a mature adult instead of an immature, muck-mouthed, loser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1minute, 222Sako, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,639
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.