Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tweeted Photos from prepaid ticket holders show a lot of empty seats.
The last couple Sunday's I went to the flea market and then fired up the mower. Each day I flipped on the Steelers game for a minute just to see what the attendance looked like.
Maybe it's just my thinking, but it does seem to me that TV coverage crews are deliberately avoiding camera angles showing empty stands. You've gotta wait for a punt or something to see how many seats are bare.
These 4 pictures, sent out by fans in attendance, tell the tale TV tries to avoid.
I further point out that 3 outta the 4 are what they call "big market" teams such as Miami Dolphins, Indy Colts, and Chicago Bears. Most of these teams home tickets are sold out long in advance of the season. I've been told sometimes years in advance.
Going a little further with logical thinking, that's gotta be reflecting each home Sunday of probably tens of thousands of dollars not spent on souvenirs, concessions and other things incidental to tickets sales.
I hope this keeps up! I gloat to myself for every lost dollar they suffer!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The rubber will meet the road on this issue when NEXT year's season ticket purchases are published.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
NASCAR!!!!

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Tweeted Photos from prepaid ticket holders show a lot of empty seats.
The last couple Sunday's I went to the flea market and then fired up the mower. Each day I flipped on the Steelers game for a minute just to see what the attendance looked like.
Maybe it's just my thinking, but it does seem to me that TV coverage crews are deliberately avoiding camera angles showing empty stands. You've gotta wait for a punt or something to see how many seats are bare.
These 4 pictures, sent out by fans in attendance, tell the tale TV tries to avoid.
I further point out that 3 outta the 4 are what they call "big market" teams such as Miami Dolphins, Indy Colts, and Chicago Bears. Most of these teams home tickets are sold out long in advance of the season. I've been told sometimes years in advance.
Going a little further with logical thinking, that's gotta be reflecting each home Sunday of probably tens of thousands of dollars not spent on souvenirs, concessions and other things incidental to tickets sales.
I hope this keeps up! I gloat to myself for every lost dollar they suffer!
7mm

Need to add a few zero's to this, and it's one of if not the most profitable part of ownership.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Fug the NFL

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bowed out last year with a new motto: "To hell with the NFL"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hockey, that's what I wait for...Pen's hockey

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When pre-sold tickets are not used that makes a real statement.

It is one thing to not buy a ticket now, no wasted money.
Whole different deal to stay home when you paid for the tickets already.

My most sincere respect for those who are staying home.
I really didn't think many could give up football, or would place something in higher regard.
Glad to be wrong.

Hope they keep it up.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see this as a battle for our country,

If we win, it's not over, but we are moving in the right direction

If we lose this battle, our future looks bleak.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The MSM Lies, the NFL is complicit in these lies.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like it could be the old "scab" days. Average Joe won't pay $150/ticket, but at $20 a pop the stands would be full.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Havent watched a game all year. Dont really miss it.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I haven't turned on a game since 'my' Steelers pulled their stunt. I grabbed a burger and a beer in a bar in Granby, Co after my elk hunt and felt guilty being in the room since the Broncos game was on the TVs. I wanted to chastise all the locals for watching the game, but was too tired and happy to not be eating Mountain House. I hope the NFL goes bust.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djb
I haven't turned on a game since 'my' Steelers pulled their stunt. I grabbed a burger and a beer in a bar in Granby, Co after my elk hunt and felt guilty being in the room since the Broncos game was on the TVs. I wanted to chastise all the locals for watching the game, but was too tired and happy to not be eating Mountain House. I hope the NFL goes bust.

Cowboy Inn in Baggs Wyo when huntin there a few weeks ago asked for a $5 donation to Wounded Warrior to change the dining room and Bar Tv to an NFL game.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read an article earlier that the stadium attendance is down significantly. But most of their money is from TV views, which is down, but not nearly as much as the local attendance. I still don't think this thing gains much more momentum until a major advertiser pulls out. The next big thing to watch is ratings during Veteran's Day. I think it's lame that people feel like they need a special holiday to boycott, because what they're doing is wrong on ANY day. But maybe that day will be worse. I guarantee the NFL is going to pull out all the stops though on Veteran's Day, kissing major military azz to try and counteract and make it seem like "this is all a misunderstanding", because we really do care.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I read an article earlier that the stadium attendance is down significantly. But most of their money is from TV views, which is down, but not nearly as much as the local attendance. I still don't think this thing gains much more momentum until a major advertiser pulls out. The next big thing to watch is ratings during Veteran's Day. I think it's lame that people feel like they need a special holiday to boycott, because what they're doing is wrong on ANY day. But maybe that day will be worse. I guarantee the NFL is going to pull out all the stops though on Veteran's Day, kissing major military azz to try and counteract and make it seem like "this is all a misunderstanding", because we really do care.

Yep. The NFL will pose as staunch patriots on Veterans Day. They'll do a grand pregame ceremony and all the urbanites in the stands will sand and clap. After that, it is business as usual for the league, the players, and the drunk urbanites.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Yep. The NFL will pose as staunch patriots on Veterans Day. They'll do a grand pregame ceremony and all the urbanites in the stands will sand and clap. After that, it is business as usual for the league, the players, and the drunk urbanites.

And this...

PENTAGON PAYS NFL TEAMS MILLIONS TO HONOR TROOPS

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
NASCAR!!!!

Not to get off subject and I'm totally as anti-NFL as anyone at this point. That said, NASCAR wishes it had the NFL's attendance and ratings problems. NASCAR's attendance and rating are the worst they've been in a decade and a half. Yeah Talladega was packed because it was Earnhardt Jr. last race there. The week before that at Charlotte was the lowest TV rated race since 2001.

From a business stand point NASCAR is in big trouble, but at least they're classy....especially when compared to the NFL or NBA!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing how generous they are when it's the pentagon's dime.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Those players kneel for the anthem and ceremonies over Veteran's Day Weekend and the NFL is going to have some serious fugkin' problems. And they know it.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

479 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 578 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,444
Posts18,507,827
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.