Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I'd prefer not to pay a fortune for them.

I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bristoe, if it's not too hot(say over 60-70F), I highly recommend Muck boots.

Go with the basic chore boot. Pretty sure they make them in a couple different heights.

$100 dollar bill.

Easy on and off, which of course is nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the muck low cut shoes. I forget the name. Like sneaker height. I wear them year round.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I have these from Cabelas. Foam lined so fairly well insulated for moderate temps. fairly heavy, but comfy. I wear them quite a lot for in/out, or down at the beach, around water, ATV riding, etc. I think they were about $60. Had them 3 years, showing wear, but still good. Probably not too good for hiking any distance, but work well for above and blueberry picking. Would work well around your place, I think.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by las; 10/23/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really like the rubber bottomed leather boots from LL Bean or copies. I have one pair from Chippewa that is not too bad and never seems to wear out.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In warm weather I wear 6 " non insulated Danner Pronghorns when working outdoors, fishing, hunting, you name it, they're my everyday, do anything waterproof boots. When it gets colder I switch to 400 gram insulated, Gore-Tex Carolina broad toe work boots for the same everyday uses. I find both quite comfortable.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Danner Crater Rims hiking boots have been my three season go-tos for going on four years now, including my job along the river. They look almost like new and have lost nothing in fit or function. One of the guys on my crew was showing me his two year old Timberlands in desperate need of duct tape the other day. For me, good footwear is worth every penny. YMMV

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Timberlands............usually be had for around $70.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
down here i just go bare foot.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

........... I'm in the same situation. I've had a set of the tall Muck boots for a few years now and they're great except for being a pain to put on and take off. Now that I'm retired I'm looking for something lower and easier to get in & out of. Anyone have experience with the lower cut Mucks ? If they're as comfy as the tall ones I might try some 'cause they don't cost a fortune but is there anything else good or bad about them?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Been using the low cut Mucks for about a year and a half. Easy on and off. I use them every day back and forth to work and will buy another pair when these wear out. Waterproof and good traction in the snow.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Bristoe, if it's not too hot(say over 60-70F), I highly recommend Muck boots.

Go with the basic chore boot. Pretty sure they make them in a couple different heights.

$100 dollar bill.

Easy on and off, which of course is nice.

How do the sizes run on those, Sam? I usually wear a size 12 but those are usually made in China,...and everything that comes from China seems a bit on the small side.

I've found some Muck shoes online that seem reasonable price wise. I might get a pair but I want to know what size to order.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear a couple of them on farm every day. The heavy duty is the Georgia Boot Romeo step in. Leather upper. Stout, and around $100. These run narrow, so beware:

[Linked Image]

The other one is the Columbia Newton Ridge, for about $60. It's comfortable, but I wouldn't go hiking in it. It's basically a plastic boot.

[Linked Image]

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I don't know how you will be using the boots but if you will only be wearing them for short stretches of time I suggest that you go the cheap route. Get a pair of cheap TSC rubber boots and cut them to the height you want. I do the same thing with old rubber hunting boots I have and it works great.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Originally Posted by Bristoe

........... I'm in the same situation. I've had a set of the tall Muck boots for a few years now and they're great except for being a pain to put on and take off. Now that I'm retired I'm looking for something lower and easier to get in & out of. Anyone have experience with the lower cut Mucks ? If they're as comfy as the tall ones I might try some 'cause they don't cost a fortune but is there anything else good or bad about them?

Ever roll the tops down on the tall Mucks? Makes them easier to slip on and off.

Mucks are a bit heavy now for my shot out knees.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AVOID Cabelas low cut moccasin duck boots. They're very comfortable and practical but it's a good thing they have a lifetime warranty. The rubber will split within 1 to 2 years. The reviews are terrible. I sent a pair back. DONT DO IT

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Mucks.

They don't do half sizes if memory serves. Round up.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

low pro excursion

They also have a muckster, but have more of a bob sole. I dunno how that would work in the slick gumbo prairie in these parts

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Another vote for the low Muck boots. I have both high and low and find them both comfortable. The low ones seem easy to get on and off. Mine seem to run true to size.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
[Linked Image]

low pro excursion

They also have a muckster, but have more of a bob sole. I dunno how that would work in the slick gumbo prairie in these parts

I ordered a pair of those. They should be here later today. Amazon's price is about $20 lower than anywhere else I found them plus if you have prime, it's free shipping. That's $30 lower than Cabelas, etc. MUCKSTER

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 01Foreman400, 204guy, 257heaven, 37 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,975
Posts18,499,471
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.