Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
....who celebrates it and do you have anything special planned for your sweetie?

Can't stand all the hype and commercial horse chit that tends to piggy-back it. Heck, can't even go into a store without being bombarded with pre-packaged dribble dressed in horrid shades of pink and red.

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier

Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a great day if you have a Sweetie..... smirk

I used to make my kids a card and then we'd make heart shaped sugar cookies together and let them decorate them with the colored sugar and stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i think it's stoopid.
stinkin' hallmark made-up holiday.
if'n ya wanna suprise your darlin', just do it, any day of the year.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by fish280
if'n ya wanna suprise your darlin', just do it, any day of the year.
That's what I need Valentines day for.......to make up for all those other surprises! blush grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That made me chuckle... smile

NRA Endowment Member
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Holidays are stupid, next thing you know the government will shut down every Feb 2, for Big Stick Day.......and why not they already do for MLK Day, and every other reason they can think of.

I think many of the great men who are remembered by a stupid holiday would be pissed the way all the govt and union culls celebrate by taking a day off with pay, while the private sector soldiers on...paying taxes all the while.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Make it BJ Day instead of Valentine's Day and you'd be on to something...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will get Barak a card, although each year he protests that Valentine's Day is for the man to do something special for the woman. He feels the same way about anniversaries. laugh

I'm not sure what he'll get me, but I know it will be something. And we'll probably go out to eat somewhere.

We tell each other "I love you" every day, so Valentine's Day isn't that different for us.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Every day is BJ Day at our house too, I was only trying to help the needy...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I found the following sentiment from an: 'Author unknown'

"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentines Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."

But as long as I am here stealing- I will 'steal' these words for the 'one' I love:

"Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine, love, thou art every day my Valentine!" ~ Thomas Hood

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like Valentines Day. Any excuse to spoil her is fine by me. I proposed to her on Feb 13th, so we celebrate the 13th and the 14th. It's great!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It's a CHICK holiday! (Ir)regardless of what you think of the "holiday", if you got a chick of some sort smile ya better be doin' sumpin'!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
We always celebrate V Day. Momma makes big baskets for all the kids and grandkids just like she does for Easter.

I try to be extra special to Momma, since the 13'th is our wedding anniversary. 24 this year. She must be a saint!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Accraholic, have you not learned anything from the past few days. Name calling is just not acceptable, it's not PC and there are some of us who are both or were both government workers and union members. Of course I understand your dislike for both, many people develop such feelings once they find out that they just do not measure up to the requirements for the job. I do not expect you to offer up an appoligy, I feel your pain brother, some day you may live up to the Union standards. cry

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Bullwnkl
Accraholic, have you not learned anything from the past few days. Name calling is just not acceptable, it's not PC and there are some of us who are both or were both government workers and union members. Of course I understand your dislike for both, many people develop such feelings once they find out that they just do not measure up to the requirements for the job. I do not expect you to offer up an appoligy, I feel your pain brother, some day you may live up to the Union standards. cry

Bullwnkl.

WOW, where do I start...oh, break time I'll be back in 15 minutes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Oh man take 20 this is a union job and don't forget your lunch break no working extra time, union rules.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Elf Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by accraholic
Make it BJ Day instead of Valentine's Day and you'd be on to something...

You sir seem to be in all sorts of different places on the board tonight and none of your posts merit the time wasted to read them. I find you obnoxious and crude and maybe you'll find your way out the door the same way Stick did. Tell you what maybe you two could exchange cards, you both seem to have the same taste.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what he's gunnin' for right now, if you all haven't figured it out yet. Hopefully he went to bed, like he told me he was about to do........

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Funny to me how some have grown a set of balls after Stick got the boot.............

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
If by same tastes you are reffering to a penchant for pulling our own weight and not having patience for people who are proud of being dead weight on society, then I guess you may have a point.

My behavior tonight represents my utter dislike for the behavior of many on this site.............

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,377
Posts18,506,628
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.